Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 06:15 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #140

WELCOME !!!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 03-07-2002, 10:17 PM   #2  

Hello ,

Day 2 of the block challenge. I'm hungry....the idea of being on plan....hunger of the mind. Actually, I always get like this on weightlifting days. I want to eat out for dinner, but can't think of a decent meal (no salads please).

Today is Thankful Thursday. I have alot to be thankful for. Most of all, I have three stars on my calendar for yesterday and today. Two gold stars for that achievement.

I'm going shopping. See you tomorrow.
Malia

Old 03-08-2002, 08:05 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello where is everyone?

I miss all of you.
Today is Fun Friday and I am going to get my hair done.
I sure miss the attachments.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:31 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Grannie, I love your picture! That's so sweet! I think dh & I need a picture done...maybe this weekend, we'll get a nice shot. We are off to Pennsylvania for an overnighter at a bed and breakfast...maybe we'll find a place to try out the dance steps that we learned last night! I must say, that dancing is great exercise! The class was 2 hrs long, I'd say that 90 minutes of it was spent dancing! Just moving around, LEARNING the steps had me huffing and puffing! It was a lot of fun, if you don't count the times I was corrected by the instructor...who was, by the way, at least 80 years old! She was so light on her feet, it was exhausting just watching her! We learned the "Hustle" (I never was a big disco fan back in the day) and several variations of the "jitterbug', the "Lindy," or swing dancing...I liked that much better...big bands and rock and roll beat out disco anyday!! We went out for a drink afterwards...I was frantically calculating how many points I had left for the day...but the 3 points I drank (1 beer--normally I would have had two!) was more than covered by the 7 POINTS that 90 minutes of dancing earned me! (I didn't want to have to go back to day 1 after only one day!)

I didn't post Thursday what I was thankful for...that would have to be my husband...we have been married almost 19 years (can it be that long?) and he still makes me laugh like no one else can! We have a lot of fun together...people at work are amazed when he calls me just to say "Hi" or to chat, and they are stunned if we talk more than once in a night! He is my best friend and I can't think of a better dad in the world! I am truly blessed.

So I bet you know what kind of fun we'll be having this "Fun Friday!" Dancing, of course...get your minds out of the gutter!

Have fun all...
Old 03-08-2002, 10:08 AM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Checking in really fast. I love the pictures!!! I also love the challenge idea, but I can't start posting to it yet. Definitely need to get my life ordered here first. I swear, the harder I'm trying to get my house back in shape, the dirtier it appears to be. Truth is, I spent too much time off my feet this last year and there is a lot to get through cleaning wise. Now we have guests coming throughout the spring, and it absolutely has to be done. One of those guests is my MIL... Yup, this place is being beaten into shape!

Ok, if I don't get off here, I won't have time to eat before work. Don't feel like eating, though. I think I'm fighting off some stomach thing again. My gut is hating me.

Andria
Old 03-08-2002, 10:54 AM   #6  

Talking Top of the mornin ...

Good Friday Morning

I did not make it to Missouri today to see my parents. I just can't seem to get over this head cold, cough, etc, crud.
I got up EARLY so I could go but just feel like... the blahs still.
Not sick enought to go to the doctor... but too sick to go anywhere.
Plus... my parents are too delicate to expose them to this.

Congratulations Malia... you are doing GREAT !!!

Mary... what a LOVELY picture. What a nice couple you make. I just LOVE this picture thing. I am actually glad we lost our cutezy cartoon pictures... because otherwise no one would have posted their REAL photos. Tina... thanks for getting us started. Keep them coming everyone.

Kat... I have a couple of cutezy cartoon pictures of swing dancing I would have posted in your honor. LOL You Go Girl !!!
When I was much younger I used to LOVE dancing.
I gave it up in exchange for marriage to a NONdancer.
Youth is wasted on the young. LOL Today I would do it so differently. I gave up everything that I loved and took up what he loved. Don't get me wrong... I think that taking up what he loves is a good thing.... It doubled what I loved to do.... BUT... I wouldn't totally give up ME for a him ever again. He needed to comprise more too.... not just me. He pretty much is still the same. But he is a great guy most of time... What is a girl to do? LOL

Andria.. I hope you don't get that stomach virus I had.... It was a killer.
I am scared of challenges... I HATE being a failure and those things seem to set me up to fail. LOL
I am soooo different today than I was when I was younger. I used to love challenges. I want the old me back instead of the OLD me I have become.

I am going to try and be productive today. I am sooooooo far behind on everything.
My Fun Friday is going to be getting some this pressure off my back from everything I have put on hold since being sick and helping my parents.

Hope everyone has a wonderful FUN FILLED FRIDAY!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-08-2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #7  

Well, I don't have much to say today. I have a case of the "blahs". The weather has been cloudy and drizzly for days and I think it's getting to me. My food has been good again today and I did my exercise, so as far as staying OP I'm doing great. Otherwise though, I'm just kind of moping around for lack of better things to do. I don't have anything on my "to do" list for today and am not motivated to do much anyhow. I'm missing my DH. I'm bored out of my mind. I think when my son gets home we'll go rent a movie or something.
Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 03-08-2002, 07:20 PM   #8  

Baylee yes I did. I slid past every turn I tried to make yesterday. It was much better today..at least so far. Suppose to really get hit tonight.

On the way to work I got some road spray on my windshield. When I squirted them it didn't clean where I look out so I stopped in the next town and got out to clean a piece of ice off of my left wiper. Wouldn't you know the rubber part came off in pieces.

When I got to the town I work in I took it directly to the repair shop since they warned us of snow and ice and I would need my wipers on the way home.

About 10AM I get a call my wipers are replaced but there is a problem. Now I think, what could they possibly find wrong with my car while replacing windshield wipers????? When they drove it into the garage ( and I am sketchy here) something was laying there and the car drove on the end and the other end went up and "poked a hole in my radiator". Exactly how this all happened I don't know but I have new windshield wipers and a new radiator for $24.52.

I have been so busy that I need to go back and read all the posts so I can respond.

If we get the storm they predice I will have plenty of time this weekend.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:05 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Good evening all
I didn't get my hair done today. I helped at the LIbrary and we were so busy.

I have been so hungry. Hope all of you have a good night.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:27 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Yes, it's me, Thinthinker. I do still exist!!

I cannot believe I still have a deep cough and one of those noses that runs off your face! But I will survive. I'm finally convinced of it.

I've spent the last hour and a half reading all of the posts I missed. Can't believe I didn't even appear for all of #139! Geeze o weeze!!!

I had to really work my tail off this week to catch up on jobs that should have been spaced out over the last 10 days, but because I was soooo sick there for a bit, didn't get done. The real trouble with that is with every job comes PAPERWORK!!!

I am feeling better, but still have a busy weekend ahead of me, all the reports from the jobs I did today and then we have a wedding to attend tomorrow night.

It was 65 degrees here today.....just beautiful.....until late in the afternoon when the wind really whipped up and it started to sprinkle. It's supposed to get up into the 60's again tomorrow and then by 4:00 drop into the 30's. Should be a fun day to try and figure out what to wear, eh?

Mary: Good job getting the family to agree to a vegetarian meal once a week. What did you try on them? * If you don't say anything, I'll bet you can get away with the 'crumbles' in stuff without any problem. What they don't know won't hurt 'em!! * I loved your picture. Aren't you and DH a great looking couple!!!

2cute: I hope you had a great day with your granddaughters. That should take a little of the stress away and make you remember how joyful life can be. * I'm so sorry for what you're going through with your folks. It's so awful to fall apart and have the mind to know what's happening. At least with my dad, the mind went before his body did. Not really sure which is better, both are very sad situations. [[[HUGS]]] * I'm like you with the 'challenge' thing. I hate to be a failure. And I too once loved a good challenge and would always be able to step up to the plate. Where is that 'old' us??? I long for her too the older I get.

Jen: Good to see you back. I bet you really miss the DH. I know we're a poor substitute, but we are here for you! [[[hugs]]] * Great job ditching the lemon squares and the garbage disposal is the best place....no chance for second thoughts!!!

Malia: I read today where if you're super hungry after you work out you could be iron deficient. Just a thought.

LuckyLadyBug: My WW leader keeps stressing to have some protein at every meal because you will stay satisfied longer. And she also stresses not to skip breakfast because it gets the metabolism moving. She always starts the day with a little peanut butter on toast, or a slice of cheese on a pita or Eggbeaters....anything so she has a little protein.

Katrina: I bet the dance classes are alot of fun. DH and I really enjoyed them when we took them some years ago. The jitterbug, however, was not my strong suit. Just could never get the feet to move in the right direction. But how I to waltz!!! * Have fun at the B & B. Did you get some silly string????

Tina: Another pound and a half!! That's awsome!! You are doing such a GREAT job!!! * I love the pictures. You and DH look great together. And you have both dropped some pounds! Good for you!

Susie: Sorry that job stress is still holding you captive! I'm sure as the days go on and you get more settled some of that will ease up. Just keep remember the raise in pay was worth it! *giggles*

Baylee: SEVEN pounds for February is GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!

Babette: Thanks for dropping by. You can 'lurk' anytime, but we love it when folks drop in a say something!!!

Joe anne: Thanks for the lovely picture of your mom awhile back. I hope you will consider re-joining us on a regular basis.

Syn: The pumpkin brownie recipe looks great. I'm do that up for next week.

I hope I have gotten caught up with everyone. If I have missed someone, please forgive me, but it is 3 am. and I've about had it for the night. You all take care. Know that I think of you all often, even when I'm not here for awhile. I really do love you guys!

”The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves, they find their own order...the continuous thread of revelation.”– Eudora Welty
Old 03-09-2002, 08:41 AM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Morning all

Well Thin: your alive glad your better. I cooked a Tereaki Rice dish with stir fried Vegs in it I usually add chicken but left it out. I think I'll do spaghetti with the crumbles. DH did try a morningstar farms burger and said it was ok. He likes the patty sausage. My son said he wouldn't eat any vegy bugers. we'll see.

Baylee: when you et though dusting come on over to my house.

Has any of you tried the Skinny Chips they have 120 cal. for 2 cups and they are pretty good.

Well I better go DH has to work today and son has gone with some friends somewhere, so I have the house to myself. I am planning a yard sale for next week end. Come on over and join me.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:53 AM   #12  

Bayleeeeeee come and get me.....it's like a scene from Dr. Zhavago (sp) here. There is a huge snow drift over my car. Sure hope I can find it when the wind quits blowing.

More later.....
Old 03-09-2002, 01:05 PM   #13  

Angry Good morning one and all

Here it is Sit-up Saturday.
My intention to sit up and start paying attention to my recovery.
I have been back sliding long enough.

I am drinking my 100oz of water
I am NOT eatting those no-no's today.
I am FORCE feeding myself "Positive" mind food. LOL

Today is a new day and I claim it for my RECOVERY !!!

Hey.... I had to add this.
I tryied to post this and I got a message that this site could not be found.
I hit the back arrow and it told me that due to security my page no longer exists. GRRR
Well I hit back arrow AGAIN and voila... it was still here.
Sooooo if you get those messages too.. just keep hitting the back arrow.
(don't forget to copy too just in case...LOL)

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-09-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:53 PM   #14  

2Cute I have had that happen to me quite often. I don't know why however.

Well, still blowing and snowing. Just so the electricity holds out....

Well, I will be off to read all the posts I have missed do to not having the time ..... see you all - well, hmmm this may take some time.

Old 03-09-2002, 03:57 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Hello my friends...

I've only been gone ONE day but I really missed you guys! I missed my kids too, terribly...I really am a homebody! I love to see new places and get out and about, but home is truly the best!

I am pleased to report that I was a very good girl, food wise...I had a big salad for lunch with cold shrimp, very low points there...for dinner I had another large salad with grilled shrimp...yeah, I like shrimp, Okay? I felt confident enough with my low points to have a cinnamon bun with my coffee for dessert...We did SO much walking...plus I walked before we even left just to be sure I got my exercise in for the day...haha, little did I know.

I haven't eaten since this morning, just waiting for dh to pick up my son and we're off to dinner! I"M STARVING!! At the inn they served only "continental breakfast," coffee, juice, fresh fruit, bagels and scones and the like...I had two small scones with some fruit, so I am seriously ready for dinner!

Sorry about the winter blast you guys are having up there in Minnesota! It was about 70 today, warm and sunny on the East coast! Spring is teasing us...tomorrow it's back down to the 40's and it's gonna rain tonight.

Gotta run, I hear the car door! (I told you Iwas hungry!)

see you later...
Closed Thread