Old 02-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnjana View Post
I am just reading back at posts that I missed. Viking Bride, you are right to think that a loss is a loss. There were many weeks where I lost - for no reason at all - "only" ".2, .6 etc. and momentarily I would be bummed. But I kept it in my heart that as long as I continued to put on foot in front of the other, that everything would work out, that the weight would come off. 0.8 pounds off is a big accomplishment.
Thanks for the support. I know lots of .8s add up to a much bigger number!
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #62  
Less of a Better Me

Congrats Autumnjana at getting to goal. I am sure you will do great on maintenance. Figuring out the right maintenance level is sort of trial and error which is why they give you 6 weeks to do it.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #63  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Autumnjana Great News!

VikingBride2Be I agree don't get down on yourself. Last week I gained a pound But if you find that your loses aren't as big as you want, I recommend no eating your weekly points, or activity points. Also watch your carbs. I've been trying it that way and it is working for me.

So happy that I lost 4 lbs this week. The only thing I changed was upping my water. Yep I finally did it and it works! Try it

Bracing for another blizzard. Did I tell you guys I was a NYC school teacher? And we hardly ever, ever get snow days, even when they say it is treacherous outside, stay home. lol. Well somebody said if you put a spoon under your pillow and wear your PJs inside out you will get a snow day. . . I'll let you know how it worked out tomorrow.
ttfn
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Autumnjana Great News!

VikingBride2Be I agree don't get down on yourself. Last week I gained a pound But if you find that your loses aren't as big as you want, I recommend no eating your weekly points, or activity points. Also watch your carbs. I've been trying it that way and it is working for me.

So happy that I lost 4 lbs this week. The only thing I changed was upping my water. Yep I finally did it and it works! Try it

Bracing for another blizzard. Did I tell you guys I was a NYC school teacher? And we hardly ever, ever get snow days, even when they say it is treacherous outside, stay home. lol. Well somebody said if you put a spoon under your pillow and wear your PJs inside out you will get a snow day. . . I'll let you know how it worked out tomorrow.
ttfn
My mom was a NYC teacher too, we used to have snow days where we lived in the suburbs, but she would still try to get in to work. Now, I live in the city and my son is so upset seeing all of the schools in NJ and other places close, but not in NYC! I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow!!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Doing ok on my 3rd week on plan, my friend (my angel) at work dragged me down to the gym and got me working with a trainer. It's going really well!!

Last edited by BethC; 02-12-2014 at 06:30 PM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 274/257.9/165

Hello everyone. Thought I would jump on in here. Long story short this is my 2nd serious attempt to lose a significant amount of weight using WW. In 2002-2004 I lost 125lbs. I met my now husband in 2005, and gained all that back in about 2 years, unfortunately. Over the past 5 years I have hovered around 275. Pretty much maintaining that weight and the same size (22). While I am lucky to not have gained even more, that is obviously not were I want to be. I started WW online in August '13. I have lost 16.1 lbs so far. I'm looking forward to posting here!
Raine101277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #67  
Less of a Better Me

Welcome to all the new members. Sounds like lots of people are doing really well!
Old 02-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #68  
Never Giving Up

I second the The more support we all have, the better.

Well, even though there was 8 inches of snow, school was not cancelled. Even Al Roker told the NYC mayor all the way from the Olympics that he made a mistake not closing the schools. The good news was that only five students showed up. Also, since I was work, there was not temptation to eat, even though they did offer the teachers some cafeteria food if we didn't bring in anything. lol I brought in a low-fat cream cheese and no-sugar jelly light bread sandwich.

Tomorrow's Friday, oh yeah!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #69  
Never Giving Up

Happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #70  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome to the newcomers to the thread!

So happy it is Friday.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! I will be making garlic peppercorn filet, mashed potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus for the BF and I this afternoon after classes are out then we are gonna get a movie or two to watch at my dad's clubhouse (he has a projector connected with a DVD player and an inflatable bed! )

I also have to make dozens of goodies for my niece's fundraiser this Sunday (her 8th grade class are going to NY and Washington, D.C. at the end of the year. Lucky ducks!) I'm thinking white chocolate and cranberry cookies. I normally add pecans or walnuts but I'm gonna omit in case anyone is allergic.

Serenity- 8 inches and school wasn't cancelled? Dang! You're awesome for being a teacher. I could not do it, I still remember how I was as a student, lol.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #71  
Less of a Better Me

Weighed in this morning, down 1.2 pounds. This was for 2 weeks since I didn't go last week as I was taking medication that causes me to retain water. Since I was less active last week due to allergies (which is why I was taking the medication) I'm content with the down 1.2 pounds.

We went out to lunch at Carabba's after meeting for Valentine's day. I called the nutritional info up on my iPad before going in the restaurant and consulted it while ordering and got out for 18 points. SO I was happy with how that went. Now, DH and I are about to go for a long walk.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 299/284.6/250

Koshka, 18 points at ANY restaurant is good. Especially an italian one
mrswesleycrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #73  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Up a little bit from last weigh in. I kind of let myself go with the snow, not having much gluten free groceries, I made due with what I had and was nervous and overate a little. Eating gluten was not a choice. Can't do it.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #74  
Never Giving Up

I find that eggs are really great to have on hand. You can make some delicious low point main dishes with them. Omelets, quiches from WW cookbooks, even hard boiled for a healthy snack.

I also have the plain Greek Yogurt on hand at all times, and I add in a packet of stevia. 3 points. Add some non sweetened applesauce 0 points.

And, lets not forget the famous string cheese. Couldn't live without those 1 pointers.

Have a great Saturday! More snow coming here. I'm hoping that the cold weather causes you to burn more calories in order to keep warm. haha

Last edited by Serenity100; 02-15-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #75  

I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful, healthy and happy Saturday. I am reading everyone's comments and will comment more a little later. It's been busier than usual these last few weeks.

I am cheering you on. Also in my first week of maintenance I lost 0.4. I think I'm going to up my points by two a day because this week I felt extremely week. I am eating lots of protein so it's not that.
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote