Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday February 2nd Chat

Good Morning,

I have to run to a computer class today, yes all day so I will hopefully catch up tomorrow when the boss is away

Hope your weekend was a good one.

Leenie
Old 02-02-2004, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone.. sitting in front of my light box, enjoying a cup of hazelnut coffee, and will leave for work shortly.... new week.. new attitude

Have a great one everyone!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Good Morning Chickadees!

I think they finally blew up the sun! *sigh* will it ever stop raining around here? I sure am needing some sun!

Leenie - I'm so glad to hear that you are having the best winter you've had in a long time!!! I think you're right about Atkins having you feeling better all the way around. Hope computer class doesn't go too long!

JudoMom - I'm having my first cup of coffee right now too. Nothing better then a good cup of coffee in the morning. Especially when it is cold and wet outside. What kind of work do you do? I am a secretary/bookkeeper for a General Contractor and I absolutely love it. I love working with figures and books, and I love all the downtime that I get to play on the puter. I worked for an attorney for almost 18 years and couldn't even go to the bathroom, so I really appreciate this job.

I stayed up til the end of the Superbowl and then couldn't hold my eyes open any longer so had to set the vcr to tape Survivor. Does anybody else watch that silly show? So I was up before 5:00 this morning and popped in a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansonne and used 3 lb weights in each hand thru the whole work out. Man those weights get your heart a pumping!
:

Anybody else exercising today?

will check back later.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-02-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Hello hello hello....This is a great morning again.Cathy, the sun is here I am hoping some of this snow will melt away before the next snow fall comes; which is tomorrow.Its supposed to be in the 30s most of the week. I am so happy about this because the nice days give me just a touch more of energy.BTW I won't be going to WW tonight because we can't afford it this week.But I did weigh myself this morning and I am going to count it because our scale usually is right.I am down another 2 lbs. I have officially hit the 2's again.

As soon as I get done here I am going to go exercise.Probably another mile walk with WATP and another 15 mins with handweights.Maybe I will try to do a whole hour today.
Hope yall have a great day.BBL

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #5  

Wow Lynnie! you are really on a roll! YOU GO GIRL! You are doing great!

That's ok if you can't afford to go to the ww meetings everyweek. When I was on WW I use to do that too, but I just stayed good knowing that I might go to the next meeting and weigh in. Also, even in the past, I lost weight so slow that sometimes even just weighing in once a month was ok for me, the only thing about that was that I missed the meetings, and they really helped me even more then knowing I was gonna face a scale. You just do what you can do about the meetings. Do you go to the ww website? they have a lot of good info there too!

I'm so glad the sun is shining on you today! I'm so glad to hear that they didn't really blow it up and that IT IS shining somewhere in the world today! ya'll deserve some sunshine up there! I'm listening to Joyce Meyers right now on cable and trying to at least get some SONshine in here! This raining dreary cloudiness tends to weigh on me after a week or so ya know.

CONGRATS ON TWOTERVILLE!

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-02-2004, 12:28 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

awwww ty Cathy...I saw a blue Jay today..Thats my favorite bird.Thats also how I know spring is coming.I know they stay around all year long but they don't come out in the cold to much.
I know how u feel about that the sun not being around for days at a time.It was like that the last 2 weeks.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #7  

Hey Cathy I can't see it either. They said this morning that the groundhog saw his shadow but obviously he wasn't in the south. There are no hints of shadows anywhere. I am feeling it too. To top it all off I am PMSing and I am holding some weight. BLAH! I am trying to keep a happy outlook though.

I really wanted to pop in here over the weekend but I had compnay and I didn't think it would be right if I ignored her to play on the puter.

Good going Leenie on your weight loss. You are shrinking right before our eyes. I bet having you and hubby both doing this is really a big help. I know I do better when I have a partner.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone

There is no sun here today....the sky is grey.....& it's -10C.....it is snowing lightly now. DH & I got up early to go to coffee with friends at 8.....after that I walked on the treadmill.

AM feeling better the last 4 or 5 days....I increased the Celexa last week....hopefully I won't have to increase it more. I went to the doctor last week....he said I could gradually decrease it at the beginning of June.

Hi Judo Mom.....are you feeling better using the light box?

Cathy....DH & I watch Survivor....we live in the west.....so it came on just before 8 P.M.
I did some exercise today.....walked on the treadmill.

Lynnie.....down 2 lbs......that is great!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have to pay for the missed meetings?

April
Old 02-02-2004, 02:31 PM   #9  

Hey Kemp - I figure they must have had to shine a light on that groundhog to see a shadow? don't you? hope the pms and the clouds pass quickly!

Hey April - good for you getting on that treadmill! do you watch tv while you're walking on it? or put on upbeat music? I got hooked on that silly Survivor show a couple of seasons ago. We just tape 'em when he can't watch 'em and catch up later. I'll probably watch it tonight.

later gaters,
cathy
Old 02-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Talking Hello Ladies!

Theydid itAGAIN! The Patriotswon it! And the same way-deja vue all over again!

Leenie: Hope computer class runs smoothly!

Cathy: Pre-dawn workouts-WOW ! I don't watch Survivor much, but I did watch it last night. Tina got eliminated-too bad, she was one of the ones I liked. I thought they might eliminate Rudy because of his age (he's a tough old guy for 75! ) And of course, Richard was there lettin' it all hang out ! They are going to repeat the show on Tuesday night.

Kemp: We've got the cloudy, damp, YUCKY weather too. Make you feel like pulling the covers over your head and just hunkerin' down

JudoMom: That hazelnut coffee sounds good! Enjoy your day.

April: I'm glad you're feeling better

Lynnie: 2 pounds down means you'd be in TWOTERVILLE! Congrats-keep up the good work!

Last night I watched THE GAME with DH and ended up eating a bunch of JUNK This morning I actually felt like I had a hangover! I'm thinking about going back to TOPS-my membership is good 'til May. I'll see how things go tomorrow.

Have a SUPER day!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #11  

Default Fyi

Hey Joanne! I'm so glad you're team won. I just watched the Survivor show from last night on tape. I cannot even imagine what it would feel like to look like one of those girls and be able to walk around in skimpy bathing suits. I sure wouldn't mind being built like the black girl, I think her name is Alicia. wow, what a nice long thin and toned body. so odd, I don't notice the guys too much, just the girls and then it's simply to wonder what it would be like to have a body like that.

Well I have something to share - just a FYI kind of thing. The day after Christmas I took my measurements, bec I was getting back on track and exercising like I should. I bought an exercise ball and have been doing strength training on it at least 3 times a week, and have moved up to 10 lb weights in each hand. I'm also walking or doing walk aerobics tape several times a week. I think I checked last week and so far I have exercised at least 5 days a week. Well it's been over a month so I checked my measurements. And guess what? yep you guessed? you know me....I have not lost one inch, nothing, zilch, nada thing.

You know it's almost funny. If anybody else were to tell me they had been using hand weights and an exercise ball for a month and had not lost any inches, I would think they were doing something wrong. But I know what I'm doing and how hard I'm working and how sore my muscles are. It is just crazy me and my crazy body - but dang - you would think I would at least lose one inch???

Don't worry, I'm not giving up and I'm really not whining - just thought I would tell ya'll, cause I almost can't believe it, and then I think "how typical". Buttttttttttttttttt, I AM NOT giving up! I'm gonna keep eating right, counting my calories, drinking my water, and exercising and see what happens. If nothing budges at least I'll know that I am taking care of myself. I gotta think positive here!

I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and at the end of the month give Atkins another try, but will have to give it a go for much longer then 2 weeks like I did last year. I'm just getting myself geared up.

Ok girls, thanks for listening to my ramblings, I'm gonna go wash some clothes and will talk to ya'll tomorrow.

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-03-2004, 08:11 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

LYNNIE !! Congratulations

Joanne, eating junk is fun, I admit that but the next day either we are sick or we are kicking ourself in the ***... why do we do it ? go figure LOL, glad your back on track. Me too, I had a blow out day also and YUM! lol

Hey Kem, ahh to busy partying to visit us old bags in here huh hehehe

Cathy, I'm glad your going to give it another whirl (Atkins that is) You make it sound like having your teeth pulled would be better haaaaaaaaaa !!! silly. I'm gonna say this one more time, the first two weeks are a killer, yes, but you lose fast them two weeks. But after that there is sooooooo much more you can eat and there's alot of good stuff out there then there was one year ago this time. I think you'll do good, I really do. But you have to be ready to commit. We know what happens when your not so try to emotionally get yourself excited. Pump it up sistah !!!! Go Cathy, Go Cathy who who who whooooo !!!!

April good to see you, how was the coffee today ? lol
Closed Thread