Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 11:33 PM   #1  
si, si signora

Default Thin for life -- Week of July 7th

Hi ladies,

I'm starting the week early because I could use a good swift kick in the keester.

Yikes.

I hope everyone had a great first week of July. It was glorious in the Pacific Northwest and we had some nice fireworks. The garden looks good and the raspberries are just fabulous. I picked two quarts and froze them.

I'm in SD all week for a meeting. Its is a true challenge, because this meeting is a food and drink and tech fest. I am resolved to try and leave before the major social events happen. I am a very good schmoozer, but I am being a terrible ww.

My goal is to keep things to a minimum. I want to work out daily (not a problem), but refrain from the activities that lead to my downfall.

However, the gym is still pretty steady. Its these darn hershey's nuggets my mom bought that are killing me.

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 07-07-2003, 07:44 AM   #2  

Hey, lala, you are the early bird!

Had a good weekend. On Saturday morning, my sister and I went to check up on her tent trailer which she keeps at a campground about 2 hours from the city on the north shore of NS. We did a few repairs, then had a nice lunch outdoors before heading back.

Yesterday, DH, sis and I toured the eastern shore for the better part of the day, starting off with a run (which almost killed me because of the heat) and ending with mid-afternoon lunch at a great little place called The Lobster Shack where we made a donation to free a 16-lb. lobster named Crusty. All in all, a pleasant weekend.

Eating has been okay for the most part. I could be getting more consistent exercise, but running in high heat/humidity was never my strong point. I'll have to start getting out in the morning.

Sounds like you have some major challenges ahead of you this week. Try to keep away from the nuggets - they have a tendency to turn into chunks around the waist and thighs
Old 07-07-2003, 08:25 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! My weekend was really busy--took Thursday off to do some running around for my son's graduation party. Picnic on the 4th and the party on the 5th. Got lots of AP's in on Friday/Saturday with moving things, running up and down the steps, etc. I sure felt it on Sunday morning! All in all everything went extremely well. I have to admit I'm glad it's done and I can take a breath and relax a bit. No major plans this coming weekend so it should be pretty good.

I'm sad to report that I haven't journaled at all since Thursday! This is not like me at all but I'm back on the journal today! I don't think I did all that bad with my eating because I was too busy to snack.

Lala Those nuggets sure are good but cause me the same trouble. Put them in a spot where you won't see them.

Susan: With the high heat/humidity here I haven't been outside walking--it's way too sticky for me. Relief is in the horizon though--a cold front is coming through on Wednesday and should bring us more summer like temps--mid 70's which is a perfect temp for me!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Anyone seen/heard from Patch?
Old 07-08-2003, 08:29 AM   #4  

Good morning.

I'm not sure how this happened, but I stepped on the scales this morning and I appear to be down about 3 lbs. I know I've been eating less because of the heat/humidity, but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Anyway, I'm encouraged. If this is what it takes to get back on track, then bring it on!!!

Melissa: I haven't been journaling either. I can't understand why I'm having such a difficult time with this; I journaled faithfully when I was in active weight-loss mode - actually enjoyed the banking, juggling, etc. Maybe I just don't want success badly enough now that I'm closer to goal weight.

lala: How goes the battle with the Hershey's nuggets? Is it extremely warm in SD in summer? How are you holding up with all of the temptations that surround business meetings?

Had some bad news on the weekend that I'm trying to come to terms with. My Dad's been admitted to hospital for tests; his white blood cell count is extremely high, and leukemia has been mentioned. If it does turn out to be the culprit, they won't treat because of his age (81). He also suffers from dementia, so is extremely confused right now, being away from familiar surroundings. I'm trying hard to stay optimistic; we should have test results today or tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:28 PM   #5  

Good for you Susan!! I don't know what the scale holds for me this week. I hope your dad's results are positive. It's hard when they're confused about what's going on. That's the way my MIL was and it was sad for her. Keep us posted!

Lala: Hope you're winning the battle of the nuggets! I have a box of chocolate covered oreos that I've put away (out of sight, out of mind) and it seems to be working. Of course with the heat and humidity here chocolate melts pretty quick!

Weather continues to be hazy, hot, humid...relief is supposed to come this evening and tomorrow's high is supposed to be 75...I sure hope so. The cool nights are supposed to return as well.

Work is really busy with orientation preparations...this is one of our largest sessions with a total of 306 participants. Busy, busy, busy.

I need to buckle down this week and journal...the weight won't come off if I don't keep myself accountable. Shall we continue our "challenge"?

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:33 PM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Susan: woo-hoo. Good for you!! I hope I'm the same when I have my WI tonight.

Lala: I was going to ask what are Hershey's Nuggets and yesterday I was given one--mmmm. Danger, danger!!

Melissa: How hot is it there? It's 95 here today.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:08 AM   #7  

Hi Melissa, lala and Domina. How's your week going?

I'm heading off this afternoon to see my parents. My Dad is still in hospital about three hours from here. With any luck, they'll discharge him tomorrow and I'll be able to take them home. Still no diagnosis; I expect it will be tomorrow and while I'm trying to stay optimistic, I don't think the news will be good.

The mysterious 3-lb loss seems to be holding. I've been much better this week in terms of eating well and staying away from junk food. Have also been drinking lots of water. I haven't journaled at all though and exercise has been spotty.

I'm definitely still in the challenge Melissa. I think I could still shed a couple of pounds before we leave on vacation. Actually, depending on what happens with Dad, vacation may not happen as planned, but I would be very happy to be back in my comfort zone by the beginning of August, regardless.

It's been very quiet here this week. Is anyone out there?

How did your weigh-ins go this week?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:52 AM   #8  

Hi, Susan. I'm sorry your dad is still in the hospital. It will be good when he gets out.

I had my WI on Tuesday and did not gain!! That was good after the weekend I had. I had hamburgers, macaroni salad, pie, etc. and definitely was not OP.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!

Well my WI went well; I was up .4 and was okay with it especially since I hadn't journaled at all the past week. I'm back on track with keeping my journal and am working on checking off the boxes at the bottom. I'm working at getting back into the 130's before my vacation (7/26).

Susan: I hope you hear soon about your dad. I know that can be more frustrating waiting to find out. Hopefully the news will be good

On a good note I was able to get a nice 30-minute walk in before work today and feel good about it. Not much else going on here. The weather has cooled off considerably (69 degrees today) and we still have a little humidity. The day started off sunny and now it's raining with more rain for this evening. My garden will love it!

Anyone have any plans for the weekend?
Old 07-11-2003, 08:03 AM   #10  

Hi everyone.

It has been super hot here--90's every day and high humidity, but that's Florida. 69 degrees sounds great.

This weekend? I'm going shopping on Saturday after I clean my filthy house. On Sunday, I'm playing my first round of golf ever in my life. Wish me luck.

What's everyone else doing?
Closed Thread