Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Koshka, thanks for sharing!
I found it eye opening when I started measuring portions; portion creep is a problem for me. If people can make Simply Filling work, all the more power to them.
We went out for lunch today, kind of a normal Saturday thing for us. I didn't blow up my plan for the day so that's a big win for me! Even when DH ordered the pretzel-nacho cheese appetizer. This is what I love about WW: flexibility!

PupMom, good luck with your stretch, here!
DrivenByAmbition, good for your getting out to the gym! I need to move more, sometimes the hardest part is just getting out of the door. I just finished my TOM, isn't it stinky what it does to the scale?

Have a good weekend, everyone!
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

I am doing WW online; I bought the three month package. I really enjoy tracking the points online, and I have lost 10 pounds in six weeks. I would prefer not to continue after the three months because of the cost. Is there a website that has a similar way to keep track of WW points?

Thanks.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #33  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Had a rough weekend with TOM, but back on plan today.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #34  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

claustin, the important thing is to forgive yourself (it happens, it gets easier) and move on right away. Every day is a new day.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 170/161/145

... What or who is TOM?

Today is the start of day 6, and so far I am really liking keeping track of my points. It really makes me think about portion control, and only eating when I NEED to eat, not when I WANT to eat. I have always had a hard time knowing when to stop eating, and simply eating out of boredom.

Day 4 and 5 were a bit of a bummer for me though. I killed my 49 points (which I had been using only as a buffer for a point or two a day). I know I only have today and tomorrow left, but I don't think the practice of eating them all in two days is very good. I still have like 18 left, but still, once I started binge eating, it was hard to stop. It does feel good though that I was able to indulge in some things and still stay on my total weekly points.

What are some practices you use with your 49 points? Do you find it better to spread them out? Or do you use them as "weekend indulgences"?
abinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #36  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

TOM- time of month
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #37  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinks View Post
... What or who is TOM?

Today is the start of day 6, and so far I am really liking keeping track of my points. It really makes me think about portion control, and only eating when I NEED to eat, not when I WANT to eat. I have always had a hard time knowing when to stop eating, and simply eating out of boredom.

Day 4 and 5 were a bit of a bummer for me though. I killed my 49 points (which I had been using only as a buffer for a point or two a day). I know I only have today and tomorrow left, but I don't think the practice of eating theim all in two days is very good. I still have like 18 left, but still, once I started binge eating, it was hard to stop. It does feel good though that I was able to indulge in some things and still stay on my total weekly points.

What are some practices you use with your 49 points? Do you find it better to spread them out? Or do you use them as "weekend indulgences"?
I don't use them personally. I usually have enough AP during the week that if I need 1-2 points that's where they come from.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #38  

I have been losing and gaining the same 4-5 lbs forever. I need to get my butt in gear. The girl who weighs me in said that starting this week they should be starting next years program. Looking forward to going to my Monday night meeting and starting fresh. Hoping it gets me through the holidays craziness.
Lindy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #39  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Had a much better day yesterday. I have a nagging headache but I think its just the carb/sugar detox. Hoping today will be better regarding the headache, food wise I have everything planned out. Trying to get in 10 glasses of water to help flush everything out.

I am looking forward to Tuesday and a new set of points lol I need to start fresh and start jogging again! This week has been a total disaster and I am ready to be done with it! Looking forward to getting back into a normal routine! I have 2 girls (6&4) and this past week they had school concerts, were sick, up all night, my 4yo had her birthday party....It feels like this week has been going on for a month or more! Something every day/night. This week coming up looks more slow and relaxed.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your sunday!
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #40  

Today is my last day of Week 1. I am very happy that I have stuck with it the entire week! (Baby steps).

I have a feeling I won't have lost any weight this first week, but I think I have maintained, which is good.

This week my goal is to be smarter about my weekly points. Also, I need to start getting active. Right now I want to FOCUS on my eating habits, but I need to start getting into the habit of fitting in activity where I can. We have a walking track on the top floor of the building I work in, which can be really nice for a brisk walk on a 10 or 15 minute break. But lately I just haven't had the time (or motivation).

What keeps you motivated to exercise? What kind of things do you do that are simple and easy ways to stay active?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

claustin - Glad to hear it is going better for you! I have those high-point days sometimes too. >blush< I think what helped me was being able to acknowledge it and work through it... totally get those feelings of frustration though! Hang in there, you're almost there!

EasySpirit - congrats on a great start! I use a mobile app called iTrackBites. For a while there I used a small notebook and pencil. Websites I've used have been calorie counting, maybe someone else can help with one that tracks. They won't call it Points or PointsPlus, as WW keeps an eye out to protect their TradeMarks.

abinks - Boredom eating is a hurdle for me, too. If I can get OUT of the kitchen and get my hands busy with something else that helps. Or if I'm at work, keeping the drink filled and my gum handy. For a time I would even set a timer for 3 hours... just to have an additional mental check.
- Don't worry about burning through your weekly points, that is what they are there for! To me, those points give me SANITY on those days! Seriously - I would have been totally off the wagon so many times over... but those points give flexibility that is important. As to how I spread them out... it varies. Right now, getting back on program, I am using them as a safety net for when I go over. So it ends up being a few here, a few there (and a lot last night when DH ordered Papa John's, lol!) When I was really in a good rhythm, they would get used on weekends or evening that I needed a bedtime snack. This time of year, when you know Christmas or Thanksgiving meals are coming, it gives me a way to balance the huge meal out with the rest of the week, and stay on track to lose. They are totally there to take or leave as you see fit!
-I like running. Our gym membership has a lot of free classes available. YouTube has some nice yoga videos. Try something new, you may like it. For me I can run every time and love it. My sister likes to do something different most days - she thrives on variety. I've done Dance Dance Revolution a few times to get an extra few points in to balance the day.

As for me... I'm hanging in there for the most part. I'm on day 3 and have 17 WP left, that means I need to get out and move. I've been honest with my tracking which is hard sometimes, but I really want to get this going. I've been fighting this last 5-10 for at least a year. DD is 2.5 now, time to get it off!

Can I be honest for a minute? My Goal has been 164, which is the very top end of my weight range for my height rounded up. (heh.) I'd like to move closer to the middle though, but for some reason it is stuck in my head that is an unrealistic goal. I have the body fat to lose (currently ~27%+) , I think it is a healthy goal. So, how do I get my head wrapped around this? I think it's been part of my plateu that happens when I get to 162 and can't push into the 150's.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky Quilts View Post
Can I be honest for a minute? My Goal has been 164, which is the very top end of my weight range for my height rounded up. (heh.) I'd like to move closer to the middle though, but for some reason it is stuck in my head that is an unrealistic goal. I have the body fat to lose (currently ~27%+) , I think it is a healthy goal. So, how do I get my head wrapped around this? I think it's been part of my plateu that happens when I get to 162 and can't push into the 150's.

I am 5'8" as well. My goal is 145 (just about smack in the middle for my age/height) but go through days where I think is totally unrealistic. I was 145 at 22 which was just 3 years ago, but my body has changed a lot in more ways that just weight, so maybe that's not where my body really belongs. It is however, when I felt that I looked and felt the best about myself. Being that this is past year is the heaviest I have ever been, I have never actually TRIED to lose weight, so I am just setting my sights on something that would really make me happy about myself. Ultimately if I see 155-160 and plateau I will be comfortable saying that is my healthy weight. At the end of the day, how do YOU feel?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Thank you, Betsy! I will try that. I really only use WW for the point tracking, so I am not sure it is worth the money. Of course, I could start to read the articles, hints, etc., but I prefer to spend my time on 3fc.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #44  

Made it through week 1 with 2 points to spare. The great thing? I didn't feel hungry all week. I felt satisfied, and my stomach (which is usually my biggest enemy) only bothered me one night.

Even though I didn't lose this week, I feel happy to have made it through and I already feel like I am changing my thinking about food and portions.

What are your successes for the week? I may be the only one who happens to start on a Tuesday.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #45  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Well today starts a new week for me. Glad to be at a fresh blank slate! I did manage to maintain this past week, even with all the binge eating. Having a wonderful OP day today. Going for a walk now to get in some activity (even though I have been on my feet all morning i'm looking forward to my walk)
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote