3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   April Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/278853-april-chat.html)

movielover 04-18-2013 01:27 PM

Well...... I only lost .8 this week, BUT not really because I took my shoes off this wee! Kinda frustrated, but I was at Disneyland, but only went 7 points over daily, but used the weekly points.

I move on!

I have said I will give it 3 months!

smashlers 04-18-2013 06:06 PM

Movielover .8 is nothing to cough at! That is a good solid loss!

I, after having a .2 GAIN last week dropped the TOM water weight and weighed in at 255.4. That is a 3.8 lb loss this week! That is insane to me. Guess I must be doing something right!

MrsD2008 04-18-2013 11:37 PM

I had another bad day. :-( It started off well, then went down hill after lunch. I tried to make up for it at dinner time by eating a larger salad and 1/2 serving of the rest. I've used more than half of my weeklies and I'm only 3 days in! Time to buckle down...

gracie1887 04-19-2013 03:14 PM

Silly question everyone...

I officially lost 20.4 lbs this week and got a 5 lb loss sticker. But do I get another ribbon for another 10 lbs I have lost? I thought I should, but I wasn't given one this week.

myfavisblue 04-19-2013 10:48 PM

Hi guys! I am back from my 2 weeks vacation. Looks like all you pretty ladies are doing fine.

Me? Not so. As expected I gained 5 lbs during my vacay mode. And as expected I did not track at all!! But I did weigh myself and thats how I know I gained 5 lbs. Been to california and florida. Went to all the universal studios. Maybe that's why I only gained 5 lbs and not alot because of all the walking we did at the universal. Was tiring but I enjoyed every minute of it with family.

Tomorrow I will start tracking again (I hope). And oh yeah my cousin joined WW 2 weeks ago (he's a guy). Dang! He lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks and I cant even loose 3 lbs in one week. :) Guys I envy them on loosing weight so quickly!

Well have a good one everybody. Take care and side note thank God Boston crisis is over now. Thanks to all brave men and women of Boston police, FBI, EMT etc. God bless America!

forkeeps 04-20-2013 10:02 AM

smashlers Congrats on the loss! You are definitely doing it right. :carrot:

MrsD I use the bulk of my weekly points in the first three days after my weigh in. You are still on track, so hang in there, keep tracking this week, and you might get a pleasant surprise at your next weigh in (god, I'm starting to sound like a fortune cookie). Seriously, you can do it. :hug:

gracie You get a sticker for each 5 pound loss. I don't think they have 10 pound stickers. They do, however, have a charm or keyring for losing 10% of your body weight, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

myfavisblue Sounds like you had fun and got a lot of activity. And you kept a positive attitude about a possible gain, so that's half the battle. I know it is so frustrating how quickly men lose. My hubby is starting to get serious about getting in shape (he told me this morning he wants to finally get a new battery for our scale, yikes!), so I need to prepare myself for him getting to goal way before me, even though I have a three month head start. And I second your sentiments about Boston. What a nerve wracking week it's been for everyone.

I am down 1.4 this week. I thought that would put me at 10% but I think I need to be at 21.9 pounds down and I'm only at 21.4. That's okay, I can wait. Although if I follow the same pattern as the last couple months, I should see a 0.8 pound gain next week. I am going to do my best this week to overcome that. :D

Take care, everyone!

MrsD2008 04-20-2013 11:14 AM

I'm still frustrated with how this week is going. But I'm trying my best not to throw in the towel!! Of course it doesn't really help that I got 3 boxes of Skinny Cow ice cream because it was on sale AND B2G1. I ended up paying $2.66 per box instead of $4.99 per box... BUT I think it's a good thing because now I won't be tempted to get ice cream from our local shop... hopefully!

My husband is a lieutenant for our volunteer FD. We have a "new" station that they will be moving into once they're done the work that couldn't be done by the construction company (our town didn't budget enough money). In hopes to get more people involved in helping, they're throwing a BBQ tomorrow. I always get the liberty of making food because I'm the head of the ladies auxiliary. I'm making two kinds of brownies and my husband requested a pasta salad, I'm also making fruit salad so I'll have at least one "safe dish" at the BBQ for myself, haha. I'm going to try to lighten up the pasta salad and cross my fingers that none of the fire fighters notice!

forkeeps 04-20-2013 12:50 PM

MrsD: Yikes, potlucks are my downfall. Good luck.

I just noticed that for me, the banner ad at the top of this page is for McDs. Really!?!?

movielover 04-20-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forkeeps (Post 4713462)
MrsD: Yikes, potlucks are my downfall. Good luck.

I just noticed that for me, the banner ad at the top of this page is for McDs. Really!?!?

Seriously, I saw that too, but it was for the grilled ones...not too many points, I guess better than a whopper! :)!

MrsD2008 04-20-2013 03:17 PM

I made the pasta salad and fruit salad, but I made the executive decision to NOT making the brownies and to have someone else do it. That way they're not even in the house.

The pasta salad 5PP per serving, I'm quite proud I got it to be so low!

myfavisblue 04-20-2013 04:34 PM

My official WI today and I am down 1.4 from the 5 lbs I gained while on vacation. So a little bit trilled there :) I also started tracking again and so far so good.

forkeeps Yes I did esp the harry potter park! Loved it. That's good that your husband wants to get back in shape. I was so trilled that my cousin joined WW so now I can talk to him about tracking and what food to eat and stuff and all anything about WW. Before I did not tell anyone in my family that I joined WW. Because maybe I was embarass and ashamed that I need to join a group to lose weight. But now I am not embarass anymore because what I have seen and lost since I started WW makes me proud that I did join WW. I know it takes time to loose depend on the person but I am happy with WW's plan and happy to be a member and it does truly work! :)

MrsD2008 wow!! 5PP for a salad!? You better share me that recipe :)

MrsD2008 04-20-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfavisblue (Post 4713655)

MrsD2008 wow!! 5PP for a salad!? You better share me that recipe :)

Yay on your WI news!

It's really simple!

1 box rotini pasta (I use Dreamfields or Ronzoni Smart Taste)
1 C. FF Zesty Italian dressing
1 C. grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 C. extra lean ham--I get it from the deli counter and ask for 1/2" thickness, then cut it into cubes.
1/2 C. RF Colby or Cheddar Cheese, cubed
1/4 C. sliced black olives
1/2 green pepper, diced
Dill pickle slices (or "chips")
1/4 C. red onion, diced
1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
1 tso fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)

Cook pasta according to box directions for al dente. When done, drain well and cool. Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate at least an hour, over night is best. Makes 8 servings.

I double or triple it for pot lucks, halve it for just my husband and I.

The only things I changed about it were the dressing, switched to FF, used lean ham and RF cheddar. My mother used to add Olive Oil, which you could do, but I don't see the need to with the dressing.

Have you ever had an Italian sandwich (in New England?). That's the inspiration for this pasta salad!

MrsD2008 04-20-2013 07:56 PM

I entered someone else's info in my WW calculator to get their DPA and when I re-entered my info it gave me a lower number than it did earlier in the week. I swear I entered all the same info and somehow I'm 3 points lower!!!!!! This wouldn't be a big deal if I hadn't screwed up my week with cake and eating out last night. DAMNIT!! I am so mad!! If I don't lose weight this week I know why!

But, now that I think about it, I used 37PP every day (sometimes more if I dipped into my weeklies) last week and I still lost 5 lbs. So maybe I will be okay?

Just frustrated!

amandie 04-20-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsD2008 (Post 4713796)
I entered someone else's info in my WW calculator to get their DPA and when I re-entered my info it gave me a lower number than it did earlier in the week. I swear I entered all the same info and somehow I'm 3 points lower!!!!!! This wouldn't be a big deal if I hadn't screwed up my week with cake and eating out last night. DAMNIT!! I am so mad!! If I don't lose weight this week I know why!

But, now that I think about it, I used 37PP every day (sometimes more if I dipped into my weeklies) last week and I still lost 5 lbs. So maybe I will be okay?

Just frustrated!

:grouphug: Just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone. The same thing happened to me a while ago, for some reason my DPA did not update from 180lbs to 166lbs (I forgot it changes as you lose) and I still lost consistently up until about 2 weeks ago (probably because I was dipping into my weeklies more than before.) I would have probably never realized it if I didn't receive an update for my phone app and had to re-enter my info. At least that will not be an issue for me anymore since I won't be going any lower than 26. :( Honestly if anything, you probably maintained at the most, no biggie! BTW, your pasta salad recipe sounds divine!!!!

Daimere 04-21-2013 06:59 AM

My friend Jen Moore was in the new WW magazine! She's the one that "tried it--hooping!"