3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   April Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/278853-april-chat.html)

slo2250 04-15-2013 04:21 PM

Ugh today was frustrating. I have been having decent losses since I restarted weight watchers and the one week I gained was because I went over my points and that was my fault! Today I was 2lbs heavier :-( *sigh*. I followed my points and didn't go over so the only thing I can think of is it's my time of the month. I have the nexplanon bc and ever since I had it put in my arm in December I haven't had a period, but I get my period symptoms once a month and I had them this past week. Oh well! End my rant and forgive me! Just started a fresh week so we will see how that goes :-)

Maurene 04-16-2013 08:16 AM

Congrats straightahead on getting over that hump!

Congrats forkeeps on getting below 200!

I'm just in a real sad place yesterday and today. I definately have prediabetes. I've been reading about it and it just so depressing --- depressing that I got myself to this point and depressing because of the likelihood of developing full blown diabetes. I came to the realization that I'm not choosing to live if I keep eating the way I have been. I'm going to keep reading about how I should be eating, but I think I can modify my eating (lower carb) within WW. So, for now I'm sticking with it. A 10% weight loss alone will likely get my blood sugars back to normal.

Have a good week, everyone.

Jilu 04-16-2013 12:09 PM

Got back from trip last night. For a weekend that was filled with boys I haven't seen in years, beer, some nachos, cobbled together road food (8 hour drive each way), and a detour at the Jack Daniels distillery...well, my weight today could have been worse (up close to 2 lbs).

I imagine some of it is salt. Most of it alcohol. I mention nachos, but I stayed within my daily/weekly points. Did tons of walking around. I just really need to watch my salt and alcohol intake. The booze does nothing for me with weight loss.

slo2250: I'm on one of the extended cycle pills and even though I don't get my period every month, I definitely still have "symptoms" when it would be about that time. Bloaty and uncomfortable, cravings, little cranky.

smashlers 04-16-2013 12:13 PM

Maurene Don't be too hard on yourself, instead try and bundle all that negative energy up and put it into changing your lifestyle. Stick with it, and lean on 3fc!! We are all here and ready to help you. If you slip, don't get discouraged! Sticking with it, taking it one day at a time... that is how you will find success. Best of luck!!

Jilu At trip like that sounds PRETTY FUN!!! We are planning some summer trips and vacations, and I just want to relax and give myself a day off... even if +2lbs is the result, I am sure the memories would be worth it. NOW BACK AT IT!

Dixiemom 04-16-2013 12:13 PM

Maurene- a 10% weight loss has so many health benefits, it should really help your prediabetes. Choose live, it is always worth it! You can do it!

MrsD2008 04-16-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemom (Post 4708555)
Maurene- a 10% weight loss has so many health benefits, it should really help your prediabetes. Choose live, it is always worth it! You can do it!

This is SO true. I remember when people would hit their 10% and our meeting leader would ask what differences they were feeling, seeing, etc. At my 10% people were starting to notice my weight loss, I was 2 sizes smaller, I could bend over to tie my shoes (this one was really important for me!), I can't remember exactly what else. I should have written it down! This time around I will.

lindalee9 04-16-2013 09:19 PM

Had weigh in #4 tonight - down 2.8 lbs! :yay:

I hit my 5% and bought myself ActiveLink as a reward. It's charging right now and I start assessment tomorrow.

Things are going really well and I kinda feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. The biggest difference between this time and the others is that I want to be healthy, not just look good.

Hope everyone's doing well and sticking to it!

Maurene 04-17-2013 08:04 AM

lindalee9 - Congrats on meeting 5%!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I'm suprised this diagnosis is hitting me so hard. I knew it was coming. I think maybe I've been feeling lousy for so long that has worn me out. I think I will feel soooo much better if I can just lose 25 lbs.

Teresa66 04-17-2013 09:06 AM

Good morning everyone! I have had a crazy busy week so haven't been around much except to do a quick lurk here and there. :)

Had my second WW weigh-in last night and lost 1.8 for a total of 2.4 lbs. Of course I wish it was more but I'm happy for the loss. Especially considering that on Saturday one of our reps brought in Panera bagels and we had our bi-monthly design class and there were cookies and banana bread left over. I wish I was stronger so that I could just walk past all those temptations and not succumb to the their call. My boss did say that she is going to ask the reps to either bring healthy choices or stop bring food. We will see if that actually happens.

I hope everyone has a good day!:carrot:

lindalee9 04-17-2013 11:21 AM

Teresa - My sister is named Teresa also and she always has reps bringing them yummy food almost everyday. That would be so hard to be around for me. I used to be jealous of her, but that was before I decided to get healthy.

MrsD2008 04-17-2013 03:13 PM

I haven't been having a great day. Not feeling that great physically and mentally. I still have cake and frosting left over from a night we had guests. And granted it's from skinnytaste, I ate two large pieces today with extra frosting. I'm still within my weekly points, but it just makes me angry that I did it. That's ~20 points out of my day! I'm at -2 right now and I still need to eat dinner.

Snoofie 04-17-2013 06:41 PM

Holy crap I'm excited tonight! Long story short, I seem to have suffered a bit of a backslide, weight-wise, and gained back about fifteen pounds of the sixty-five I lost. Last week I finally got serious and decided that, no matter what, I was going to weigh in every single week at my meeting until I get back down to my goal weight.

Tonight was my first weigh-in since getting serious...and I lost 2 pounds! SO EXCITED. I worked really hard this week and I'm glad it showed. :)

I just had to tell you all!

Dixiemom 04-17-2013 07:37 PM

Snoofie- way to go!! Is is amazing what a little rededication does.

forkeeps 04-17-2013 10:32 PM

MrsD2008: I know the feeling, but you are still within your weeklies. It was a little temptation, you gave in, you move on. That's what the weeklies are for, in my opinion. It's a constant learning process.

Not the same exactly (definitely not as yummy), but I had to deal with a similar situation. We rarely have processed snacks in the house but for some reason last week I bought a box of Fiber One bars, thinking I would eat one a day at most. Today I caved and finished the box off. Only 2 points per bar, but not nutritional at all (not to mention that having more than one in a single day gives me, um, gastrointestinal "issues"). Never again.

Way to go Snoofie!

Jilu 04-17-2013 11:54 PM

Forkeeps: Oh em gee. My mother in law made us muffins for a road trip once. Except she didn't tell us they were from Fiber One mix. So we polished them off during the whole day car ride and spent the first night of vacation curled into a ball from the fiber pains. I agree with the never again.

Snoofie: Awesome!

Smashlers: I've had a good two days at home and now I'm heading off in the morning to spend a weekend with my besties from undergrad. Most have kids now though so there will be lots of time spent in the park running off toddler energy. Which will help compensate for the wine that will happen.

Last weekend I had a weekend with my boys from grad school (seriously, I was like the mom. I had "dinner parties" at least once a week so they'd eat a vegetable). And this weekend is my girls weekend. And then I get to do nothing but wear pajamas next weekend.