3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   April Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/278853-april-chat.html)

forkeeps 04-02-2013 10:03 AM

SoMuchFattitude: Yikes, that is scary! Hopefully they got it fixed for good so it won't happen again. It's especially scary to happen on vacation.

smashlers: I think my happy number will be 162. That's not my goal weight but it's where I got to least time, before I got pregnant and gained it all back. I really noticed a difference in everything at that weight, and was fitting into a size 14 or 16, instead of 20. Plus I still have my clothes from then which are hardly used, so I can't wait to wear them again. :)

LuvCats 04-02-2013 10:55 AM

Yikes SoMuchFattitude I'm glad things turned out with no surgery. That would be frightening to know your brother was so sick and so far away.

Forkeeps: That is a great way to look at it about the ActiveLink I guess. Hope it works out for you.

Yay on your cooperative dog, Smashlers. WTG on your loss! That is terrific! I know what you mean about celebrating those numbers even though they are technically high. It makes me think of how much I hate the Wii Fit little idiotic voice that always says "That's obese" no matter if you have just lost several pounds or if you have gained. Uggh. They need to be more encouraging! Lol I smile at ever number that is lower than the previous right about now.

Hi to everyone else. Keep up the good work! :carrot:

SoMuchFattitude 04-02-2013 11:48 AM

Thanks EVERYONE for the support. It's certainly been a trying couple of weeks. I spent the day with him when he first had his surgery and it was challenging to see him in so much pain, so having him away from me for a week has been nerve wracking. I even begged him not to go on vacation (lol), but he didn't want to let the kids down. Yeah, they're 8 and almost 6 and weren't awake the first time he bled, but did see him the 2nd time. He just wanted to get home from the hospital and hold the boys so they knew Daddy was ok. So scary!

smashlers - 199. I've seen everything from 325 and down, but honestly cannot remember the last time I saw 199. I weighed 209.8 on Saturday morning (naked) before my WW weigh in and that's the first time I've EVER seen 209.8. 199 feels like such a milestone for me.

Smuffer 04-02-2013 05:08 PM

Sorry o hear about your brother somuchfattitude, that must be terrifying :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashlers (Post 4690838)

What is a number, that isn't necessarily your goal weight, but makes you smile a bit?

159lbs because I'll be in the healthy range :carrot:

Jilu 04-02-2013 06:23 PM

That happy number? Honestly, it will be 212. At a doctor's appointment last year, my doctor was putting in vitals into the computer and he was talking in general about the general trend over the past several years. He was just mentioning how he was glad I was heading back down (I had been primarily around 250 most of the time with him except the last 2 years). And then he said "We just won't mention that earlier weight". Referring to the 212 lbs I was when I first saw him 10 years ago.

The way he said it was trying to not make me feel bad about my weight, but man, I took it hard. It would be really nice to be there again.

SoMuchFattitude, that is so scary about your brother! I'm glad things are under control at the moment!

LuvCats. I hate that stupid happy little "that's obese!" wii fit voice with such a fiery passion. It has released anger that I didn't know I had. ;>

Dixiemom 04-02-2013 07:29 PM

I loved hitting 165, do not remember when I was last in the 160's. Now Iam thinking 157. I keep losing weight even though I am not sure I want to get much lower. I just got lowered to 26 Pts, so I will see where that takes me and when I stop losing I will be at goal (whatever that is)

smashlers 04-03-2013 07:06 AM

I have been kind of obsessed with finding a class that is for me that also wont break the bank. Luckily for me I live in a fairly healthy, and active college town. My insurance will pay for a fitness club, or even Jazzercise (wouldn't you know it, Weight Watchers isn't a partner :() The Y isn't covered. But I kinda want something a little more group friendly, or maybe a trainer.

Has anyone used a trainer? Did you see crazy results that you didn't see when just working out on your own?

Maurene 04-03-2013 10:59 AM

Cindy - I'm a WW veteran. About 15 years ago, I lost over 50 lbs on WW. Didn't technically get to goal, so I'm not a lifetimer. But, in retrospect, I think I was at my ideal weight.

Smashlers - I too have been on the lookout for just the right fitness class. There is a spin class near me that everyone just raves about. But so far I've made excuses not to go.

Teresa66 04-03-2013 11:15 AM

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind if I jump into your group? I joined WW yesterday and attended my first meeting last night. I have been trying to lose weight for almost as long as I've been alive. I have tried doing my own thing which as you can by my ticker hasn't really been working for me. :o

For the last 5 years I've been a member of TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and have yo-yo'd the same 45 lbs over and over again. I'm sick of it!! I love my TOPS pals and it was no easy decision to leave and join WW. I feel like a traitor but honestly I have to do something that will work for me.

I did a lot of online research about WW and think the structure of counting points, weekly weigh-in's, and planned programs is something I really need.

So, here I am! :carrot: I've been learning about the etools and how to keep track of my points, and trying to figure out what I have to give up in life in order to stay within that magic number they gave me. ;)

I really look forward to getting to know you all and truly hope you won't mind teaching me what you know. I will have questions........probably a lot of them. :D

LuvCats 04-03-2013 12:17 PM

Hope your brother is continuing to improve SoMuchFattitude. You are doing great so far! 199 isn't far off. :)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one offended by that idiotic wii fit voice, Jilu.

Dixiemom: I like your idea about when to stop the weight-loss! You've done terrific!

Smashlers: My only experience with a personal trainer was okay but I know know that she also wasn't nearly as knowledgeable as she should have been.

Maurene: I lost a lot on WW years ago too but like you didn't reach what they said I should. At the time I thought they were crazy and I was young then, lol. Aim for what you think feels right!

Welcome, Teresa. I think part of the key with permanent weight-loss is not giving up anything (save possibly for "trigger" foods--I gave up Pepsi in 1989 and haven't had any since... cold turkey was the only way I saw to do it) permanently. If you have specific foods you really love figure out how to work it in and treat yourself even if it is for a special occasion. I've been relatively successful so far this time around and I believe it has been because I have given myself a few times (birthdays, vacation, etc.) where I didn't count the points for the day(s). During the time I wasn't counting I did try to be careful to stop eating when I was full even though it was hard. After it was over I got right back on the wagon so to speak. Granted, I still have a long way to go but so far that is what has worked for me. :)

Chele615 04-03-2013 02:02 PM

Hi girls....I've fallen off the face of the earth again ;) It's hard to keep up with the chat if you've been away for a bit, but I am definitely wanting to keep track of everyone's daily going ons again!!!!

I am still stuck at the same weight that I have been stuck at since Christmas and it's getting very frustrating. Luckily for me, my leader was holding one of her special events last weekend that was coincidentally all about getting past plateaus and I went to listen to some of my more successful fellow members and it really put me in a better mindset!!! I'm still the same weight wise, but I literally left there with such a clear head, it wasn't even funny. I got some great advice/suggestions from them (the most important one being to eat more protein) and am hoping this week will be the week it clicks. Last week was tough with Easter looming, but the easter candy is GONE and that's a great first step ;) LOL

smashlers - so glad to hear your brother's doing better.

myfavisblue 04-04-2013 03:00 AM

somuchfattitude My prayers go to you, your brother and to the whole family. May he be healed with Our Lord's miraculous grace. Stay strong!

Chele615 Girl I have been stuck in the 180s for 5 months. Was so glad I got down to 179 last wi. But this week easter and family get together I might be heading back up again to the 180s. Can you share one or two tips on how to get out from this plateau?

My happy number would be 150s . So 20 more pounds to see that happy number.

Its the start of my off week and time for vacation. I am so excited to see my father side of the family. Havent seen them in 2 yrs. Hopefully I can still stay on track :)

Chele615 04-04-2013 06:17 AM

myfavisblue ~ I wish I had some wisdom to share...but I am stuck as well!! I was all the way down to 175 before Christmas and the weight crept back up throughout the holidays and it won't budge in any way. At this point, seeing the scale go up would at least let me know that something is happening. We just have to perservere and keep at it. Eventually hopefully our bodies will catch up ;)

Maurene 04-04-2013 10:00 AM

Welcome Teresa!

Chele: Seeing that you've lost 77 lbs is a real inspiration to me! I'm glad the meeting helped clear your head.

I finally got the nerve to track my weight again after not tracking it since mid-february. (I fell off the wagon.) I was very pleasantly suprised to see I've gained only about a pound. So, I'm still down 6 lbs since the start of the year. OK...thats an average of 2 lbs lost per MONTH and I know I can do better. But, I'll take it.

smashlers 04-05-2013 10:46 AM

Good late morning ladies,
I have the day off today, and it is gorg out, so I am gonna take my pup for another jog. I wish my fiance didn't have to be at work today, I hate having to work the weekend and having days off during the week.

I am seeing great numbers on the scale already this week. It is motivating me to go! We moved our wedding date up a whole year to try and get that venue. We haven't heard much but I am being patient, for once.

Have a great day.