Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:40 PM   #1  
Trying it again!

Unhappy I Blew It!

Well I just blew my diet and now I am sick with myself. I went to a Japanese steakhouse for lunch (which happens to be my favorite place) and I really over ate. I feel awful. I know I can just start over tomorrow but its just so hard. I have been doing well and I blew it the first week. I just wanted to tell everyone that I blew it and get the guilt out.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:53 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

NO GUILT....MOVE ON!

And don't wait until tomorrow. Look at what you ate and see. Maybe you didn't do as bad as you think.

Try getting in a bit more activity this week, up your water intake and maybe eat towards the lower ends of your range if you can.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:04 PM   #3  

I know how you feel, but I bet you really enjoyed yourself. Everyone needs a treat now and then. I bet you can make up for it and at least stay the same or gain very little.

Sometimes I think I'm going to gain because I had one nice meal during the week and - surprise - I didn't. Other times I'm really good and except a loss and don't. Sometimes this just does not make sense.

All you can try to do is to get back on track.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:10 PM   #4  

Sometimes the biggest obstacle to success is the word "diet". It's overcoming the "diet mentality". That feeling that we're "on" a diet or "off" a diet. Bottom line is diets don't work. It's making reasonable, healthy choices 95% of the time that works. Along with exercise of course. Life happens. If I thought I had to be perfect every minute of every day I wouldn't even try because that is not realistic. You didn't blow it. You made the choice to eat at your favorite place, you ate more than you should have and so now you need to compensate for it. When that happens, eat fewer points at dinner and eat at the low end of your range for the next day or two. Exercise a little more, drink all your water and keep a positive attitude.
Closed Thread