Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Cool WW Weekly Chat: 5/28 - 6/3

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hi Chickies! How y'all!? Today's been good and been tracking everything. Oh and today started the insanity workout. The fit test was so hard now I am dreading the next workouts if that's just the fit test what more is the actual workout.

Well yoy guys enjoy the rest of the day and Happy Memorial to everyone!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I am getting so frustrated!!! Every weekend is the same....I weigh in at whatever weight I weigh in at and then the next day or two, I am always up at least 3 pounds no matter what!!! I've had reasons to blame it on in the past....having a bit of a "cheat" day after WW weigh in, going to a cookout with the family, etc. I still don't like that it happened, but I can understand it.

So, this weekend we had nothing planned and it was going to be a weekend spent around the house not doing much. I went to the gym every day, drank TONS of water, and actually watched everything that I ate. Saturday was good....made good choices and spent a good chunk of the day reading a book outside because it was beautiful!!! Sunday morning, I was at a newer low that I hadn't seen in about a month. That definitely gave me some confidence and motivation. Sunday night my dad made hamburgers and hot dogs and, after that, I dipped into about 5 of my weekly points, but that was it. Water was good and the food wasn't out of control.

Monday morning, I was up 4+ pounds!!!! HOW?!?! I've had worse blow outs over weekends and have never been up that much. Even this morning, after a good day yesterday (cutting back and focusing on fruits and veggies), I was up a couple more tenths. So, my new low from Sunday morning is now reading as 177 on the scale this morning

I just changed the batteries on the scale about 3 weeks ago, so the scale should be fine. It's so frustrating to work at this all week long, see some results, and then watch them disappear overnight (literally).

I was so excited on Sunday with my results. I had hit a number that put my total lost at 80 pounds and I had even posted about it on FB....getting so many nice comments and compliments from friends and family. So, of course, now the 177 makes me feel like a fraud and definitely makes me not as excited about my achievement as I was just 2 days ago.

What's wrong with me?

In good news, the weekend itself was amazing!!!! Very laid back and made me so ready for summer vacation!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Chele Weight loss can be so frustrating! Hang in there though - you're going to make it!

myfave - WTG on starting insanity!

I am completely off track. I have a foot injury that I have been dealing with the last 3 weeks. Since then, I can't seem to stay focused on WL. I found out last week that I need to have surgery to stop the pain. I scheduled it, and then I thought - I'll be able to refocus on WL - nope! I haven't been drinking enough water or tracking. I have been maintaining, so good thing for small miricales I guess!

Anyway, I need to get back on track, check in everyday, and track every bite. How do you guys deal with an injury while dieting?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #5  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Chele, I actually just read an article about exactly what you're talking about. It puts it all into perspective, so hopefully this will help, because the reality is you'd have had to consume something close to 17000 calories above your normal cals in/cals out to have really gained that (that is, to have actually gained body fat and it's not just water weight):

http://www.shape.com/latest-news-tre...bq-undo-damage

Last edited by Tudor Rose; 05-29-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Thanks girls....Tudor, I am looking forward to getting home and reading the article. I know that weight loss is not linear and will spend more time baffling us than not, but it's still frustrating!!! haha
Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

myfavisblue wtg! You are doing such a great job

Chele I am right there with you these past few weeks it is so frustrating! I am at the point I don't want to get on the scale, I am afraid to see what it says

texas I am not dealing with injury and dieting well at all! The pain in my hand and wrist makes it hard to hold a fork so I do everything left handed. I have been eating out way to much since I cant really cook (can't lift the pots/pans, cant cut up veggies--just trying to hold the knife let alone put pressure enough to cut is too painful) grrr. I know I will get better but to see the scale up 5lbs in 2 weeks makes me want to cry

tudor thanks for the article I am going to read it word for word too
Old 05-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Thanks guys! Was day 2 earlier for insanity. And it was super hard. Was out of breath and soaked with sweat. I almost gave up. But I survived.

Tudor. Thanks for the article. I read it and it was helpful. Wow! 17,000 calories to gain 5 lbs. of actual body fat! Now I know what to do when I see the scales going up
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

The article was great and an eye opener with the 17,000 calories...That just makes me think of how many calories I had to eat to gain the 25 pounds I have already lost---so this means since Sept 2011 I have eaten 85,000 calories less! What a great feeling that is
Old 05-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #10  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Yeah, I found the article helpful. Not just in realizing that it's probably just water weight or whatever, but hints to help if I do maybe overat

I'm still getting used to running in heat and it's slowing me down a bit by a few minutes per mile (I think my run on Sunday was close to 16 minutes a mile), so when I set out this morning I was worried about time and was only going to run 2 miles. But it was so nice and cool out and then the one road I run on was closed for construction so I had to take a different route. Anyway, I ran 3 miles this morning with an average pace of 10:50 min/mile!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

Tudor great job this morning! The cooler outside does effect how you run I remember! But I am still a gym rat of sorts.....elliptical training for me on interval training so 2 min up and hard 2 min resting a tad. For some reason I seem to have more energy towards the end of my day than in the am.. I sometimes think my body is working against me

But I did post my weight on the challenge spreadsheet. I am still up .4 for since the start but I have to remember I was down with injury for almost 3 and if you don't change your eating and no exercise ...duh

I am looking forward to tomorrow at work we are rolling out a new project and I am hyped up and ready to jump in....it is kinda a rush for me and when the momentum is going there it flows to the rest of my tasks and goals so yea haw
Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Ok today was not as productive as I wanted but I did get to the gym. I had to wear my brace on my hand and now it is airing out to dry--so gross.

Dinner I am making some shrimp and grilled peppers and onion yum!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

My weight had been up and down up and down for the last month or more. Totally annoying. I went to my meeting last week and the lady working told me to cut my portions. I figured that could be the case. Im not measuring stuff out, but it seems to be the case. Most people dont realize how little they really need to eat... and especially if i miss a meal, i am RAVENOUS and end up piling more stuff on my plate than need be. What i did this week, was put what i normally would on my plate, then i cut it in half and put half back in the fridge in a container for my leftovers for the next day at work. If i was REALLY actually genuinely still hungry, then the food was there still... but in ALL cases, i was just fine. I dont care for that "Full belly" feeling anymore, it feels much better to be just satisfied. Last weeks weigh in i think it was 177, this week, all week... my home scale has been reading as low as 172 and 173. So it seems to have made a difference so far. I will be going to weigh in tomorrow if i can make it, otherwise ill be there saturday to get the final tally for the week. but i know ive been doing well this week.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Great suggestion mercury! I have been dancing around the same pounds for months. I don't weigh my food I just have been eyeing it but I would say my portions seem right but....I am going to give the cut it in half a try!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! Despite a pretty naughty weekend, I managed to get back on track and stay the same exact weight at today's weigh-in.. WOOT!

Also, concocted a nice light summer recipe that came out really good so I thought I'd share

A few cups chopped watermelon
1 diced cucumber (peeled and seeded because I'm picky with cukes)
1 chopped scallion
juice from half a lime
sprinkle with salt & chili powder

Believe it or not, this is so yummy!!
Closed Thread