Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Don't quit. Maybe stop focusing on "100 Pounds!" for a bit. Just get through breakfast. Then lunch. Then dinner.

Your gain from the Mexican food was water weight, I'm guessing you didn't eat 7000 calories at that meal.

Can you do something relaxing? You seem so stressed about this lately. Maybe take a yoga class, get a massage, do something friendly for your body instead of getting mad at it for not moving fast enough with the weight loss and then punishing it with more food than it needs or wants.

Also, maybe finding something to transition your weight loss energy to so that when you decide to go to maintenance, all the energy you've put putting into losing weight can go somewhere productive and you don't feel suddenly purposeless. A hobby, volunteering, etc.

And remember to breathe.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #17  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Stop and think.

How terrible did you feel at your highest weight?

How fabulous do you feel now.

You had a few bad days...so what? Everyone has bad days...You can't be perfect 100% of the time. No one is perfect...and it's too unreaistic to try and be.

Think about how if you give up now...you'll gain all that weight back...ruin your health...and shorten your time on this earth with your family.

Kim...you can do this. You've been so inspirational to so many people on this board and in your life. Do you really want to throw 13 months of really hard work in the garbage becuase of a few bad days? That's silly.

Stop weighing yourself every day...I think it's becoming an unhealthy obsession for you. Weight in at your meetings only. Being so close to goal...it's not going to be as easy...and there are going to be more fluctuations. That's just my suggestion though.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #18  

First i want to congratulate you on your weight loss achievement, you are a huge asset to this forum. I love reading your posts and your encouragement you give to me and so many others. We all have bad days, believe me, every Saturday tends to be bad and then i spend the week playing catch up lol!

You've come so far, just keep moving forward and forget about last week Think about how good thin feels! One meal at a time hugs Kim
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Please don't give up Kim! You are such an inspiration on these boards, and your boys need a healthy and happy mama.

Just hit your restart button. Pretend that today is your first day of dieting. Look up some new, tasty, heathy recipes and maybe pick a new workout or something. Maybe even just maintain for a month or two until you're ready again.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #20  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

don't quit! i've been feeling like quitting too, but i realized that this is the point (about a month in), when i always give up, and i would like to see what is past that!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #21  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Kimberly, don't Quit!! I also had a horrible weekend. I didn't count a thing and I am also regretting it! Just start today as a new day, you can do it!!
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #22  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

No quitting allowed! Just forget about all the bad stuff and focus on the good. Today is a whole new day.
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #23  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I had a rough weekend too! I ate bad ALL weekend and today is my weigh in day and I've put it off until tonite and am DREADING IT! I know i've gained since last week..but ya know, it happens. All i can say is that im gonna work harder this week than I did last week and I know it'll all be okay in the end!

No worries!! Just keep going
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

You are on the precipice of a huge milestone that very few ever reach. Do you think that the milestone is messing with your head? 10% messed with my head a bit and you've lost almost 5 times what that weight was for me!

Have you thought about just trying to maintain your weight loss for a week or 2 and breathe a little bit? I haven't been at this as long as you (started in October), but sometimes we just need to take a breather. Another week or 2 on top of the time it takes you to reach goal will seem like nothing, but could make all the difference.

Take care of yourself. We're so mean to ourselves sometimes. Meaner than we ever would be to another person.
Shades of Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #25  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

You can't quit....look how close you are.....

We all slip up but the important thing is to get back up. That's what you will have to do Kim, get back up. This is the rest of your life you are talking about, you know deep down you do not want to go back to being unhealthy and overweight. Please don't give up....you can do this!
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I'm sitting here crying while reading everyones replies.. Thankyou so much for all of your support, it means the world to me, especially right now. I think I've been too stressed out lately and last night I had an anxiety attack that lasted for hours, I almost had to be taken to the ER. On top of trying to lose weight I am also going to school and trying to take care of 3 kiddos, my house, the bills, etc. Life got a little overwhelming yesterday and I was seriously thinking about quitting school in order to relieve some stress.

I am not giving up but this is hard, VERY hard and I'm going to give it my all until the end. Since having an anxiety attack last night, I'm having trouble eating today. I'm actually heading to the doctor in a few minutes to see if I can possibly be put on an antidepressant but my only worry is that it will make me gain weight. I have managed to keep my attacks under control but last night was scary. My husband stayed up with me all night and stayed home from work today.

I'll keep everyone updated. Thankyou so much again for all of your replies, I love all of you so much.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #27  
Marianne

My doctor put me on Zoloft...and I haven't had that much of a problem. It's definitely worth it though. My anxiety was so bad I couldn't function.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmel3283 View Post
My doctor put me on Zoloft...and I haven't had that much of a problem. It's definitely worth it though. My anxiety was so bad I couldn't function.
I'm really relieved to hear that, I was put on both Zoloft and Ativan today. I took Zoloft a few year ago because I suffered from PPD really bad and it worked wonders which is why I requested to be put on that specific medication today.

I weaned myself off all the medications I was taking and really thought I didn't need them because I could control my depression and anxiety on my own. Now I've waited too long and let it get worse. I'm probably going to have to take an antidepressant the rest of my life unfortunately.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #29  
Marianne

Nothing wrong with it if you need it...things will turn around.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #30  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Don't quit Kim!

You are such an inspriation to me, seeing that I can do this! This weekend is over. Just move past it and regroup.

Last week I didn't track, and I cheated on and off the whole week. I was shocked (dumbfounded actually) to see I lost 2.6. When I saw that and I hit my first 10 lb, I have resolved to do better this week.

I am thinking about you and cheering you on! Lots of of good vibes!
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote