Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #1  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Weigh In Day after a Bad Weekend

Hi Ladies!

My WW weigh in day is Monday and I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning.

However, I ate bad ALL weekend. Dim sum on Saturday for lunch, two small slices of pizza (with no cheese) and buffalo wings for dinner...and then yesterday we had pasta (although I only had about a cup) and two light beers. I had worked so hard and ate well all week and was down to 170lbs on Saturday morning (before my splurge) and had all my weeklies left so i just figured I could celebrate a little...

and this morning, I woke up and just feel bloated and terrible. I know I had a LOT of sodium this weekend and didnt drink much H20 and am probably retaining tons of water...so I didnt weigh myself because I just didnt want to deal with it and knew I would be up.

My question is: even though it's my official weigh in day today, i KNOW i will be up due to retaining water and other consequences of my weekend splurge...is it okay if I wait a couple of days to weigh in? Is that cheating? And do any of you ladies do this after a bad weekend?

Thanks!
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hmm, thought- Do not weigh in until next Monday OR you could go ahead and weigh yourself today, that way you know how much "damage" was done then work it off this week?? I had a bad weekend too but I drank tons of H20 to make up for it, lol. I'm back to the same weight as I was from my last weigh-in, whew!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #3  
A chick on a mission!

S/C/G: 229/ticker/145

Height: 5'4.5

I would go ahead and weigh in. It's in the past, you now know what to change in the future and move on from there. With WW don't you pay for missed meetings? If you went ahead and weighed in, you could stay for the meeting and come out with fresh ideas
Ladybird1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188.5/112/119

Just weigh in and get it over with! Small blips happen but put it behind you and get back on track! Always expect the worse, so weigh thinking you've gained 10lbs or something and then you can be pleasantly surprised Just remember that tomorrow's a new day and KEEP GOING!!!

Good luck
Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #5  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

I find that if you keep putting off weighing yourself, it is easier to fall off track. Just do it and move on.
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #6  
foodie on a diet!

Advice taken! Thanks ladies, will do the dreaded weigh in today!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #7  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

You'll be happy you did
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #8  

You should weigh in today and face the scale head on. If you don't, next weekend may not be good either and then you are on a very slippery slope. Have you made plans how to eat better on weekends?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think you should weigh in to keep accountable and hopefully remember it next week!

My work had a biggest loser competition and there was a girl in the competition that every week would say "oh I just ate dinner out last night" and then would weigh in the next day while the rest of us would weigh in. But the thing was over time OUR numbers went down and hers didn't.

I purposely weigh in on Monday's to keep myself accountable on the weekends.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

How'd you do?

I find going to the meeting and hitting it head on is the best thing to do. Even if I am scared to death as to what the scale will say. Hope it went well!
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #11  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Can I ask a similar question? I weigh on Sunday mornings. This Saturday we go out for dinner. *scary*
So I was wondering if I should weight myself Saturday, Sunday and Monday and see what comes out of it? Would you use a weight other than the regular Sunday one?
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Personally i wouldn't bother, i would just pay the piper and weigh in on my normal day. Chances are you will get 3 different weights anyways depending on that day with what you ate, or water retention and so on! Just make the best choices you can for dinner (i go with the LEAST sodium)!!!!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #13  
foodie on a diet!

update: i did end up weighing myself when i went home that night and was at 172.4 which is a .6 loss from last week!!! totally surprised!

i promised myself that i wasnt gonna splurge every weekend like i have been doing... in my head i was telling myself that i had worked hard all week and hadnt used my weeklies, so it was okay for me to eat horribly during the weekend. wrong wrong wrong way to look at things, especially since my official weigh in is on monday. i have to be smart about it if i want a good weigh in...and keep my weekends just as light as my weekdays... an occasional treat is okay here and there, but i cant lose control like i have been doing or else my weigh in days are gonna be depressing because i havent been losing as quickly as i know i can, especially since i work out pretty regularly.

i need to tell myself that all the hard work i do at the gym and tracking all my meals isnt gonna amount to anything if i keep splurging every weekend.

i weigh myself every morning just to keep myself on track and i weighed myself the next morning (yesterday) and it went up to 174.4 but i know it was just from the tons and tons of water i made myself drink on monday. and then i weighed myself again this morning and im down to 171... it will be interesting to see what my weight will be next monday!

Last edited by uncontentgirl; 03-02-2011 at 06:22 PM.