Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 11:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of November 18, 2002

Good morning!

It's a brisk day here--the outlying areas have gotten some snow but we're protected by the lake (so far). I'm planning on getting outside for a brief walk over the lunch hour.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is a mere 10 days away. I've been slowly getting things ready.

Lala & Susan:Hubby is going for rugby--every 3 years there is a group of guys that go overseas to play. They were supposed to go last year but things got canceled due to the attacks in NY. Anyway, they'll be leaving on Thursday and won't be back until December 1st. He's excited since they'll be seeing the match between the New Zealand's All Blacks and Cardiff, his two favorite teams. As far as I know no women tag along and to be honest I don't know that I'd want to be along with a bunch of rugby guys. This whole tour is like a giant fraternity initiation. They have a judge, fines, rules, etc. I usually end up on the better end anyway because he brings me back some really nice things

So how was everyone's weekend??
Old 11-18-2002, 01:20 PM   #2  

Wow - Melissa - Your hubby's a lucky man - he does realize that he has an amazing wife -- No??? Seriously I think it really does work to sometimes have individual special breaks... the partner taking the trip/time ends up being incredibly appreciative and rejuventated.

Are you doing something special for yourself? I hope so.

I need to hunker down and get back on program... once again.

ah well. more later

Patch
Old 11-18-2002, 03:06 PM   #3  

I know exactly what you mean Melissa about being content to stay behind. My DH does a similar thing once or twice yearly; they have all kinds of weird rituals which seem to make them happy and I'm happy hearing about them second-hand .

I agree with Patch though; you're hubby is a lucky man. Some women carry that togetherness thing a little too far...

I just poured my heart out on the Challenge thread about the lousy week I had eating and exercise wise. I'm hoping to do much better over the next seven days.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:25 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I have to say, "what??? I love going everywhere with my DP, such are the joys of working in the same field". Actually, I am quite content to do separate trips a couple times of the year. I was quite pleased to enjoy Japan without her and she is quite pleased to enjoy the arctic without me.

Had a marginally okay weekend. Ate too much, looking much like a blimp and my pants show it. I realize that I have a presentation this week and I'm not pleased to stand in front of everyone looking like this. So, its my wake up.

Other than that, like everyone, just getting ready for the hols.

lala
Old 11-18-2002, 07:58 PM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

So much to do by the holiday. Lots of work. Cleaning. Getting everything together at a time when it is hard enough to get myself together.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:12 AM   #6  

Patch/Susan: Yep, my hubby realizes how lucky he is. I actually encourage him to go. It gives us both a chance to regroup, etc. Heck, I get to take my trips to FL to visit my girlfriend so it's a pretty good trade. I get cranky during the actual rugby season because it seems to go on forever but the trip is condensed to 10 days all at one time. Lala, we do enjoy doing things together but being around a group of rugby guys on a trip like this holds no interest for me. Plus I'll be able to get some things done around the house while he's away that I can't tackle with him there.

Myra: I have lots to do at home too...never enough time it seems and we're having my great aunts over for dinner on Thanksgiving so that means a little more cleaning We're also getting our kitchen floor re-done and hopefully that'll be all done.

Not much else happening around here; I've started some of my Christmas shopping and it feels good. This time of year is always overwhelming though.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:44 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
I am happy to report I had a normal point allotment day yesterday. I am pleased with myself. Didn't get very much water down, but hey the exercise was there and so were the points.

In getting ready for work this am, I found two xmas presents we had bought early for friends. Yeah. I'm going to wrap them tonight and start that list.

As for the rest of the holidays. I'm gearing up slowly. I stopped DP from buying more xmas cards while in London. We have at least two years to use up and reorganized all the wrapping paper so we're set. Its just the cookie baking and chutney making that we need to do. I'm not sure what to do for xmas. We usually go to Berkeley, this year I'm casting my vote to stay local.

I wish the holidays were not such a production. Isn't this about being thankful and sharing with the less fortunate?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:19 AM   #8  

Lala: I agree, the holidays have become so commercialized. I prefer the simplicity rather than the grandiosity. We've always tried to keep things simple with the boys and not over do. We've always impressed upon them that it's the thought not the amount. Good for you for staying within points and getting in the exercise! I do well with the water and slack in the exercise department

Happy "Hump" Day!
Old 11-21-2002, 05:17 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hey all.

Oy, what a week. I am happy to report that my dearest dog, who I took the the vet yesterday with a suspicious lump in the vicinity of his keester is going to be okay. Its some sort of cyst that boy dogs get. Goodness. What a shock. Needless to say, DP didn't sleep well last night and she will be sooooo relieved to hear he is okay. He will be not be so impressed in December when the clean his teeth and remove said lump. Its going to be elizabethan collar time for him. Hard for a basset, since they are so big yet so low to the ground.

The holidays grind on. I made six pie crusts last night. Wooo. Glad that is over. Our living room is marginally completed in the painting phase. My dear friend who is painting seems to have vanished today, so I am just going to put stuff back to where it needs to be. I need to be ready sooner than later.

Other than that, holding my own here and going to try and hit the store for the last minute stuff tonight. I'll tell you I have become a big fan of trader joes these days. I have been converted.

lala
Closed Thread