Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 10:05 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of December 2, 2002

I hope everyone survived Thanksgiving. I did relatively well although Saturday/Sunday was a different story. I overdid on some snacking so I need to buckle down a bit. I brought my gym stuff with me to work this morning and I'm planning on heading down to the Rec Center over the lunch hour and do some walking.

We woke up to 6-8" of snow on Thanksgiving morning and so I was able to get some good activity points in shoveling! More snow yesterday, more AP's--that's the plus side of the snow. I don't mind shoveling.

My DH made it home last evening and brought me lots of goodies He's good about finding things that I like. He brought me some tea and shortbread so tonight I'll be brewing up a pot of tea. I also got a really nice tea cup with holly & ivy on it to add to my collection, as well as a pin & earrings. I will admit it's good having him back home again!

Hope everyone is staying warm!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:46 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

My Thanksgiving was very nice--ate too much, but that's the way it goes. I was back OP the next day. I go to WW tomorrow for weigh-in. I'm not concerned as I exercised a lot this weekend.

You like snow, Melissa?? Sorry, I don't miss it at all, especially the shoveling, although I will admit that you can get some good AP's with it. Your gifts sound nice, but it's always better to have the DH home.

I finished my shopping and all of the gifts are wrapped. Now I will work on decorating the house and baking cookies. Christmas will soon be here.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:27 PM   #3  

Hi everyone. I'm back in the office after a week on the road, and happy to be here. Afraid I don't have the same kind of travel experiences as lala. Mine consist of short trips around Nova Scotia - just far enough away to necessitate a stay in a motel or B&B but not nearly far enough away from the office.

I can't believe you like to shovel snow Melissa. Of all the things I do enjoy about it, moving it out of the driveway, front steps, etc isn't one of them. If I did, winter would be much more fun. Sounds like hubby knows what you like! Good for him.

Domina: All of the gifts are wrapped?? You are my idol! By the way, good for you for working off the extra calories.

No holiday for us to celebrate here in Canada so we had a productive weekend. Finished painting the entrance in preparation for new carpeting on the stairs which will be done on Saturday, got most of the Christmas cards ready for mailing, saw friends, made lists, all the usual pre-holiday stuff. It will be a busy week; we're hosting a dinner party for my office on Saturday. There will only be six of us, but lots of preparation nonetheless.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:47 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I'm not a big fan of the snow but getting some extra activity works for me. I can definitely get my heart rate up with the shoveling, although I will admit my muscles were groaning on Friday from lack of use prior to the snowfall. We're supposed to get a reprieve tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm just hoping that we're able to go to Chicago as planned on Friday morning.

Domina: I sure wish all my shopping was done...I've picked up a couple of things but still need to do the bulk of my shopping. I've got a list so that's half the battle.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:12 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Hey everyone,

My epic travel is over for the week. Next week, the same thing. Believe it or not.

I had a great thanksgiving and a nice trip to brussels. I will be happy to report that not one chocolate passed these lips, oops, never mind two did. However, I very much enjoyed the other delicacies and all the walking I did. What a neat city.

Now, back on the straight and narrow until I get back on the plane.

Melissa- The snow and storms look pretty miserable. I flew over Buffalo and the Northeast yesterday am. Stay warm okay?

I am jealous of all the christmas preps you guys have done in my absence. I'm hoping to get started tonight and we get the tree on Friday!

Okay back to work.

lala
Old 12-04-2002, 03:05 PM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Lala: I'm glad you enjoyed Brussels--it sounds like a nice city.

Susan: Your cards are done! I've just started.

I had my weigh-in yesterday, no gain (hooray). I was surprised after how I pigged out on T-Day.

We're getting our tree on Sunday. I've started decorating the house.

Looking forward to this weekend as our company is having a party in Orlando.

Lisa
Closed Thread