Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks i usually know what im having for breakfast and lunch it is just dinner i sometimes dont plan ahead but i do have healthy stuff in to cook i just make it out of that. Good luck with wi tomorrow i also like dancing on the wii xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 276/176/210/150

Height: 5'6"

today is my 1st day.

i will weight in on fridays.

I really need to make this work this time around.
sin0sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 240/212.0/170

Height: 5'10"

Somebody, somebody. How's this as an ideal daily menu (ie what a total on-plan day would look like for me when I don't want to cook)? Nutritious enough? I know it's ok pointwise. just want to make sure it's nutritious enough.

Breakfast: 2 whole eggs + sandwich thins OR oatmeal w/ brownsugar and cinnamon.
S: fruit
L: Progresso Light soup (whole can ~2 cups) or 2 cups of soup at work (lightest option available) +/- veggie burger on sandwich thin OR lean cuisine + veggie/salad
S: fruit or cereal with FF milk
D: The opposite of Lunch. Either veggie burger OR soup OR both OR lean cuisine OR eggs if I didn't have them for breakfast. WITH A VEG.

I don't repeat anything in a day. I won't have anything more than once to have more variety(?). Variety is not really present, I know that. But I'm a creature of habit. My veg is usually broccoli or cauliflower.

Sorry if it sounds confusing. Sort of sleepy, but I'm bothered by this. Any tweaks?

Last edited by HopefulAgain; 01-11-2011 at 12:34 AM.
HopefulAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

How many daily points are you working with? Not a lot of dairy in there, but thats a hard one for me too.
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 240/212.0/170

Height: 5'10"

40 points as of today. Hoping to be less with weigh in tomorrow.

Yea. Dairy is troubling. Does cheese count as dairy? Sounds silly, I know, but I think in south beach it was considered a protein weirdly enough.

I'm worried about the sodium in all the prepared foods. I look for things with the least. But I'm not much a cooker. I got a ww cookbook, but I'm soo busy/lazy. All the above are so easy. Plop some broccoli in the microwave. Plop a veg burger in the microwave. And I'm out the door. Lol.

Last edited by HopefulAgain; 01-11-2011 at 12:54 AM.
HopefulAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #36  

Breakfast Sultana bran

Lunch soup and ww bread and fruit

Dinner pasta with tomato based sauce with vegtables and quorn meatballs
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #37  

Hopeful, your menu sounds "fine" for a couple of days, but like Jenny (who looks beautiful in her photo in that dress!) said, not enough dairy and I also didn't take note of healthy oils being used?
ems, try to plan a little bit, it might help. But, I'm glad you are only not planning dinners. I have to plan dinners ahead unless we go out. Going out is dangerous for me, lose control easily. But, we love to dine out.

Just to clarify, my dancing is not with a wii fit, though we do own one of those. It is just me and my ipod. I put the ipod on "party shuffle" on my clock radio ipod dock and whatever comes on, I dance to. It might be rock n roll, heavy metal, classical, anything. I have very diverse taste in music. I enjoy the variety and I make my dance kind of interpretive, but I add in triceps exercises in time to the music. Triceps is one of my problem areas. I have flabby underarms and I'm trying hard to focus on that area in my dance. It's working for me as a way to make it more fun. I find exercise to be rather boring and I get so bored that I find myself doing anything to avoid it. The dancing is working for me. I made the time to do this every morning before I take my shower and my cat, in particular is quite amused. : )

Hopeful, I'm going to make another posting, below, and select a typical day from one of my trackers for you. Maybe it will help? I'm not perfect and am not an angel, but it might help you to see what someone else is doing. I get 29 points a day, though. I suggest you add in a few more healthy grains than I get and more protein/dairy. Yogurt makes a great in-between meal snack along with fruit and is quite filling. I will often have one of those string cheese sticks and an apple along with sugar free hot cocoa for a mid afternoon snack when I'm feeling the hungry horrors and that truly makes me feel cozy and satisfied.
If you go to work, you can also measure out a few points worth of whole almonds (not salted) and take a few of them from time to time throughout the day it adds protein and would keep your blood sugar on target throughout the day. You have more points than I do, so I would fill them in with incredibly healthy in between meal choices. As you lose weight and get less points per day, you can eliminate in between mean snacks and substitute more fruit if you are still hungry. Also celery and carrot sticks in a zip lock bag are great when you need to much, you can make a dip out of plain non fat yogurt mixed with salsa (add a bit of chili powder even if you like that taste) and it's very portable in a container.
Take care!
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #38  

Here's a day direct from one of my tracker pages:

Note that I have found the Market Basket (local market) light oatmeal bread figures out to be 2 points for 2 slices on my points calculator, some lite breads are 3 points or even 4 points now, be careful of brands.

Points allowance: 29
Breakfast:
Fage (Greek) yogurt, plain non fat (2) with 1 tsp honey (1) mixed with canned peaches in juice (0) diced small
two sliced lite bread toasted (2) with I Can't Believe it's not Butter spray (0)
Points counted for coffee creamer or milk used in coffee/tea throughout the day: (2)

wasn't hungry in between, but could have had fruit!

Points remaining: 22
2 slice lite bread (2) 1T peanut butter (2)
Banana
Points remaining 18
snack: apple, 1 cheese stick (1)

Dinner:
Salad with 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar (2)
Chicken breast (5)
Baked potato (4)
Soft margarine (2) you have to watch brands, some are higher points

Points remaining: 3
Dessert: 1/2 cup frozen yogurt (4)

Points remaining -1
I used one of my 49 flex points on this day.
It was worth it. I also did earn an activity point, but choose not to use them for eating if I can manage it. My choice and on a higher point day, I would have.
This was a good day for me with my dairy and healthy oils as well as adequate servings of fruits and veggies. Some days are not as easy as others.

But, one thing I have to say is that you need to vary what you eat. I never have the same thing for breakfast or lunch or dinner day in and day out. I think that leads to failure, as boredom sets in and you feel deprived. Don't let yourself feel deprived!

Points remaining: 0
Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #39  

Hi everyone! I am new here...I would just like to say that I enjoy seeing your sample menus. It gives me ideas on what to eat. I hope to lose 30 pounds with WW online. Just started Monday.
Take care!

Cheryl
cinngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #40  

good luck cheryl where are you from xxx
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, everyone! Weighed in at my meeting last night and am down 4.2 lbs for the first week! I was pleased at that but rather upset that I lost a point. I feel like I need all the points I can get! Now I'm down to 34.
I love Points Plus!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #42  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning,

It is so nice to see all the posts.
Spooky, congratulations on the 4.2 lbs lost. That is great.
Linda, thanks for posting your menu, I need to get in more healthy oils. Dancing is a great idea.
Cinngirl, welcome and good luck.
Hopeful, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
SinO welcome, my weigh in is also Friday.
Ems, I forget about the wii for dancing. Thanks for the reminder.
Jenny, When I see your picture, I keep thinking soon all this snow will be gone and spring will arrive.
Hello to everyone else, my timer is going and I have to get off this computer.
Have a great day everyone.
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #43  

Ems, I am in Pennsylvania. Thanks for the luck, I need all I can to keep weight off. I am an expert at losing, just can't seem to keep it off.
My weigh in is Friday too. Spooky, I hope I can lose that much weight my first week...congrats! I know what you mean about losing points...I feel comforted with all my points surrounding me, LOL. But, you do have those weekly points to play with!
Take care all!

Cheryl
cinngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #44  

I'm kind of bummed out. I didn't lose a thing this week. I stayed exactly the same. Could have been worse, I guess, as I could have had a gain.
I'm determined to make it work this week.
I'm not sure where I went wrong. I finished the week with still have 7 of my points plus and tracked. I think I did everything I should have done.
So, with a heavy sigh, I say... I'm not giving up. I'm going to continue. Perhaps next week it will all show up at once?
At least I know I am trying. My body is VERY stubborn, weight does not come off easily with me.
So, here I am.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #45  

well done spooky thats fab good luck for next week

Ann glad to be of help they now have zumba dance on the wii and the x box if you like that it is a really good work out

Cheryl good luck on friday you will be fine

Keep going linda least you stayed the same thats the main thing hopefully it will show up a nice loss next week. My first week on this new plan i sts and then the week after i had a nice loss so good luck :d

Hope everyone is well today it is raining here in wales xxx

Last edited by ems81wales; 01-12-2011 at 09:03 AM.