Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #1  

Cool Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey!

This is a great thread for those who want support, helpful hints, friendship and a great bunch of people to communicate with. This thread has existed for a long time and we keep re-starting it whenever the old one gets too long. Feel free to stop in and chat, we are not a "closed" group and welcome newcomers. Some of us have been together for well over a year, some only a few days, but we care about each other. We offer tips, we share, we pick each other up of the floor when we've had rough times and we applaud when someone does well.

So, please do stop on by and share a bit, support is what it's all about! We can really do this together.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 12-15-2010 at 07:20 AM.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #2  

Weighed in yesterday at my meeting and lost another pound. : )
I wish it could have been more, but I will take it! Dining out this weekend
probably prohibited that...

I have a goal for this week that I wrote on my tracker, and will share it with
you all:

"Order well at resteraunts"

One must be assertive and speak up for what you want. There is no shame in
asking for a food to be prepared especially for you. They will do what they can
and tell you if they cannot. You are the customer. We also are confronted with
overwhelming choices when we eat out.

In the case of my problem last week, we went to a nice seafood place. Lobster
tails were on the menu and I wanted them badly. They could be ordered sauteed
or deep fried. When I said "lobster tails" to the waitress, she didn't ask if I
wanted them prepared either way. I forgot to see sauteed and if there could be
very little oil used or if at all possible to steam them. Duh.
When my meal came, there was all the deep fried batter. I ate a few pieces and
scraped the batter off as best I could, the rest.
Big mistake. Lesson learned.

I could have ordered grilled fish, grilled childen or kabobs that would not have
had fried coating on them. I chose something that was not a good chioce. To
top it off, it was expensive and in the end I was so distressed that I didn't
enjoy my meal at all.

I didn't speak up when the food arrived and say, "that is not what I ordered",
part of it was that I did not choose to say my choice, but in my defense, the
waitress should have asked how I wanted them prepared if there was a choice on
the menu. If she forgot, the chef should have sent her back to ask me and not
made an assumption as well.
Another person, aside from her, delivered the food to our table as well and left
quickly. I didn't get a chance to say it wasn't what I wanted.

I was even more upset as this waitress did not return to the table after a few
minutes after the food arrived and ask the usual "how is everything?". So, I
just ate and did the best I could. I blew my cool when my husband told me in
the car that he gave her a good tip. I think he was consumed with his own
thoughts and didn't recognize that she blew it as far as I was concerned. Will
I do better this weekend? We generally eat out every Saturday night. I enjoy
it, it's a break for me and it's our "date night". This weekend I will test
myself.

Have you all had similar issues?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

weight in Monday and Lost 4 which puts me at 25.8 total lost and weighing 156
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Weighed in Saturday and lost 5.4 but like you, went out this weekend and i think i blew it as i was up 1 lb when i got home Monday trying to get back on track quick for next weigh in. I do notice however, that when i do have a night of a slip up that i'm much hungrier the next day. Yesterday i was ravenous
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #5  

Good day everyone! Sorry I went missing for a bit. Christmas.... parties, holidays, celebrations.... all of it.
But, I am here and I am slowly getting back on program and hope that you all are too!
I'm sure I've gained, but I am positive about this new program and willing to get to work!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #6  
active kids, active mom

Hi there. I am new to WW, but not to 3FC. I started Sunday and am down 7 lbs. -- obviously water weight/sodium loss and losing the bloating I gained over holidays. Still, it feels good. I also was able to start exercising again after a 12 week hiatus due to injury and surgery.

We are hosting a NYE party this week. I am banking points and hoping to remain motivated.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #7  

Knits, you'll do fine if you plan ahead and bank those points. I'm impressed with your losses so far! Great job!
Have a fruit a veggie tray at the party!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I had a gain today (1.8lbs) my first in a while and was really upset at my meeting. I think this gain was different because I set a goal to lose 100 pounds in 1 year and January 20th will mark that day. I was 14lbs away from reaching that goal and am now a step back. I'm going to keep pushing on and hope for the best =D
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #9  

Kimberly, sorry about the gain. I'm returning today after a 2 week "break" and I fully expect a gain too. I'm going to have to be OK with that and move on. I realize this journey is a long one and that there are peaks and valleys. I'm going to have celebrations, holidays, etc. and that is what makes life rich and enjoyable.
I love the new program and I think I can finally lose these unwanted pounds. But, taking a few weeks off program this time of year was something I found acceptable and I'm not going to punish myself for.
But, it's onward to work with it now and I shall hopefully turn that loss around next week.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Linda/derrydaughter, I would have sent those lobster tails back. If you didn't realize they came deep fried and you didn't want them I certainly would not have paid for them. Even if it took a few minutes for your server to get to you, I would have sent them back and ordered them broiled or ordered something else from the menu.
Speaking as the wife of someone in the food industry, nobody wants you to be dissatisfied with your food and it sounds like it was a misunderstanding. Maybe she was new and didn't know there were other ways it was prepared. Maybe she (or the kitchen) assumed you wanted it fried.
Definitely speak up next time. You'll never get what you want if you don't ask for it.

I joined WW for the 4th or 5th time last night. I am hoping this will be the time it sticks for me.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #11  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone.
I have found my way back. I guess I was avoiding this site as when I came here before, I spent too much on the computer, I would post but then I would read all the wonderful posts throughout the 3fatchicks site.
This first post from an absence seems awkward so hopefully it is out of the way and I am back.
I hope you all are doing well.
I have restarted ww and I really like the new plan.
Good luck to everyone and have a great day.
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #12  
active kids, active mom

Wow Kimberly. Amazing weight loss. Did you do that all on WW?

I ended up losing 8.8 lbs. my first week. I felt like I was a contestant on the Biggest Loser. Now I just need to keep it up and not be too disappointed with a lower number this week.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #13  

Ann, welcome back. No awkward stuff here! Now, I'm going to lecture you a bit. Sorry. Set a time when you go on line. I know personally that the computer can be addictive. Join a few threads here and subscribe so you get messages when there are replies and stick with those threads. I like to read all the stuff too, but we have to segment things into out lives, just like exercise, eating right and not getting addicted to the computer. Hope that makes some sense. I have been in your shoes and know you have hard a tough year. Forgive yourself and move on.

Spooky, you are right, but I still couldn't speak up. I'm shy when it comes to things like that. Also, we know the owner of this restaurant personally and know he is struggling in a bad economy. To lose with something as expensive as lobster, is not something I would want for him. I have to be more careful when ordering as well.

Kimberly, you have done a fabulous job. I think perhaps you set a goal that wasn't right for you. Do not get discouraged.

As for me. I went to my meeting today and am glad I went. I almost didn't go... didn't want to show a gain and thought about going next week. But, that is silly. I "bit the bullet". It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think the new program saved me a bit. Free fruit is fantastic. I only gained. 8 over two weeks and I surely didn't play the WW game at all. I didn't journal, but I ate fruit when I was hungry instead of junk.
Today I am back on program. I started a new journal and I am motivated. I grocery shopped yesterday and there are great and healthy foods here! No excuses!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #14  

Hi I am here looking for support.

I've been doing WW online for two weeks (and a couple days). I've lost 2.5 lbs so far. Is that good? Will I lose more if I don't use the extra weekly points?

I find that I am struggling with having a sweet tooth. Any tips for this?

Thanks in advanced

--Cindy
TasteandSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #15  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone.

Linda, thanks for your advice, I think I will use a timer. It is a great idea.

pointspluspioneer - welcome,

PeanutM91- Congratulations, you are doing great.

Spooky , welcome and I have just restarted also, we can do this.

Cindy, my leader told me to make sure to sure my extra weekly points. Does fruit help to satisfy your sweet tooth? Someone mentioned a tea you can buy at walmart called Bengal Spice, it has a tiger on the front of it. Celestial seasonings makes it. It is naturally sweet and caffeine free.

Kimberly, you are doing amazing. It is funny how we are hard on ourselves and have expectations and we concentrate on that instead of how well we have done. You have lost an amazing amount of weight, Congratulations.

knitsforfive- Way to go. You are doing great.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I am off for a walk. I look forward to getting to know you all. I hope you all have a great day.

Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 01-05-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote