Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 11:15 PM   #1  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Friday Oct 18th on OPRAH

I just some of you might want to know that......tommorow's Oprah show is on weight loss with fitness/trainer Bob Greene. The commercials show various guests with wonderful success. I'm not sure what else is on the show but I'll be watching.....4 pm. Don't miss it!!
Old 10-19-2002, 04:14 PM   #2  

Angry

I watched the show on Oprah yesterday and found the stories inspirational and the weight-loss strategies very standard, sensible, and balanced (no magic solutions, just some hard ...but rewarding work). I'll have to admit that the mother with eight children (and a ninth on the way) who made it a priority to fit in exercise really made my excuses of "not having the time to exercise" seem pretty pathetic.

This is my first post, and am really interested in becoming part of an online community. I am at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes and I really want to start making my health a priority.
In the past, WW has represented a really easy-to-use plan for me, and I want to get back on track. More than anything, it is the support and feeling like I am not alone in my efforts is important.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:59 PM   #3  

Hi stresspuppy,
I didn't see the show, but it sure sounds like the mother-of-eight was inspirational!
Re: support, would like to invite you to join us in the "50 or more" forum, which is under WW: Other Clubs and Groups. We have been active for over two years, and have really helped each other along in our weight loss journeys. I don't know if you have "50 or more" pounds to lose (the theme of our group) but that doesn't really matter; you'd be welcome in any case.

If our group isn't right for you, take a look at some of the other groups and clubs on 3FC, and I'm sure you'll find one that you'd enjoy. Posting in a group where you get to know the members, and they you, is a tremendous help; at least it has been for me!

Best of luck to you as you pursue your goals!
Regards,
Jan
(256- 155-155, lifetime since 7/2001)
Closed Thread