Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 12:34 PM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - September 23, 2002

Hi ladies. How is everyone today? Did you have a good weekend?

We had a beautiful weekend weather-wise, but I have to say that from a healthy eating/lifestyle perspective, I have completely fallen apart. My eating has been terrible - high calorie foods in large amounts. Food I don't even eat normally, like candy. I feel like I have gained 10 lbs (5 is probably closer to reality), and I have to weigh in for September sometime this week.

I'm trying to take this in stride, chalk it up to not being able to run recently, and get back on track. Still, it's the first time I've fallen off the wagon so completely since I reached goal almost three years ago and I'm pretty bummed about it. Any good strategies for regaining control that any of you would like to share?

Can't wait for October 6th and the new challenge.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:17 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hiya Susan,
Happy Autumn! We are definitely having an Indian Summer. Highs around 75 F. However, we did experience our first killing frost in our ppatch. So, no more tomatoes or basil there. However, the fall raspberries are pretty tasty.

Nothing much going on here. I continue to eat dismally and just haven't clicked. I went to San Diego on Saturday and returned early on Sunday. After that, it was pretty much a relaxing afternoon in the sun.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

lala
Old 09-24-2002, 11:36 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I actually had kind of a relaxing weekend. My cousin came in for an overnight visit. Saturday was spent doing some errands. We picked up Monsters, Inc. and The Rookie and watched those on Saturday. Both were good.

My tomatoes are starting to dwindle. I canned another 27 jars last evening.

Susan: I hear you on eating foods you don't normally eat. The worst part is I really don't "want" them, it's just that they're there and I mindlessly eat. Ugh! Once I get back on by eating "regular" I feel the motivation return and I do pretty well. I find it helps to rid the house of the "extras" that tempt me and to not walk around with extra $$ to purchase snacks.

Lala: Weather here is definitely fall-like. We dropped into the 40's last evening. The days are on the warm side (mid-70's) and the nights are definitely colder. I have to remember to close my window at night because my allergies are revolting and I'm paying the price this morning!

This is my extremely busy week with WW...I'm working Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat and then we're going to a big meeting on Sunday. I'll be getting LOTS of motivation.

Not too much else going on around here. I'll be glad once mid-October hits because the office should calm down a bit and I'll be able to breathe a little easier. I have 2 more mailings that need to go out and once those are done it should be a little smoother.

Last edited by MelissaL; 09-24-2002 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #4  

Hi Melissa and lala. It's certainly quiet here, isn't it?

We're getting rain today, combined with fog which rolled in within the past hour or so. Unlike your part of the world, things are not cooling down here at nite at all and the past few have been uncomfortable. I'm also suffering big-time with seasonal allergies.

Had an OP day yesterday and feel a lot better as a result. You're right Melissa; I really shouldn't have anything around to tempt me while I'm in this vulnerable condition. I actually left the house one nite last week, drove to a bulk food place a short distance away, and loaded up on candy. Can't believe i did that. And I can't blame TOM either. What's with dat?

Our dinner club has been rejuvenated after stagnating for over a year. We're getting together on Friday evening, and since I'll probably have to weigh-in on Saturday morning, I'm doing some heavy duty planning. Need to bank lots of points and have a few extreme, low-point meals in advance so that the results aren't too bad. I really expect to have to pay.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:43 PM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

It was an absolute wonderful day weather-wise here. I took a nice long walk. It was really nice and peaceful. Too bad I had to go right back to work afterwards, but it was a nice break.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:28 PM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Seasaw--you know you can do it.

Myra--are you all settled in? Do you like your new place? I hope I don't have to move for a long time.

I was away last week (actually lost a pound) in a training class and then the first part of this week was jury duty. That's always fun. It is interesting, but there is a lot of sitting around. I got selected for a jury and then we could not agree--hung jury!!

It's been rainy here because of those tropical storms and hurricanes. 'Tis the season.

Have a good one.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #7  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Yep. Pretty much settled in. Still a lot of boxes around but it is starting to look like a home. Congrats on the the loss, Domina!
Old 09-26-2002, 01:52 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

It's cloudy here as we're getting some of the effects of the tropical storm. The rain is supposed to move in later today and continue through tomorrow with heavy downpours. We'll definitely be on track in terms of rain after this!

I've been able to get out walking twice this week and it feels so good. I have a friend who works in another building who enjoys walking and so we've been going out. We're actually getting a 2+ mile walk in over the lunch hour. The time and distance goes by quickly since we're talking. I have killer cramps today and the walking helped a little. I was actually down .6 this week, which was surprising but I'm not going to question it. I get close to my personal goal only to gain again.

Domina: Good for you on losing!

Myra: I enjoy going out for walks since it refreshes me and I feel like I can tackle the projects sitting on my desk.

Susan: Hopefully you'll squeak by with your weigh in The ragweed count is really high because of the dry weather and I've been hearing it's a bad year.

The board has been soooo quiet lately...where is everyone??
Old 09-26-2002, 02:59 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
I'm really swamped and tired. So I'll be not very verbose for a while.

Not much going on here, we are taking care of another dog, causing much meowing in the middle of the night.

Melissa- nice going on the tomatoes!

I'm off to portland and salem this weekend. DP is going to grad school orientation tomorrow and I'm going to hang out with a retired colleague tomorrow. Should be fun.

I hope to be more around next week. I'll post my journals though.

have a great weekend everyone!

lala
Closed Thread