Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 08:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - September 2, 2002

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. We had absolutely beautiful weather here which was a blessing for our festival. I got a little sunburned being outside but other than that things went really well. Can you believe I never even had a bratwurst!?! I did manage to get an order of potato pancakes and had a couple of the wheat beers but for the most part I was doing a lot of running around, back and forth and up and down the hill. I'm hoping to have burned some extra calories

It was really difficult getting up for work this morning...I hit my snooze button twice and had all I could do to roll out of bed and get moving. Tonight I'll be hitting the sack early. Yesterday was a catch up day getting laundry done, vacuuming, and some house stuff in order. I also managed to get my car washed (I just KNOW it's going to rain now...) and cleaned inside and out and it looks great.

Hope everyone is doing well. What did you do over the weekend??
Old 09-03-2002, 08:52 AM   #2  

Hi Melissa. Sounds like you had a good, busy weekend.

I took Thursday and Friday off last week, so with Labour Day it was a nice long break. I actually feel rested this morning.

Weighed in on Saturday and did not have to pay. I really expected to be up in a big way but somehow I dodged another bullet and got away with a .6 gain.

We went on a 30-kilometre bike ride yesterday. Ask me if my muscles are sore. I could barely move my wrists last nite - and other parts of my anatomy may be ruined for life. Why can't anyone engineer a bicycle seat that's comfortable?

Another short week for me - we're heading to the Annapolis Valley on Friday with friends for the weekend. There's a national park nearby, so we'll likely be doing lots of hiking, perhaps swimming (depending on temps), running and yes - even biking but I'll be checking out the kiddie routes before we go.

My knees seem to have recovered from the fall. Got out for a few runs over the weekend, but I have some catching up to do.

How's everyone??
Old 09-03-2002, 12:24 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

I'm like you, Melissa--I did not want to go to work today. The play I'm in opened on Friday. It was well received; had two more performances after that. We went to a cast party on Sunday and overdid it on food a little. Yesterday, DH had to work, so I did some chores, went to the beach and just vegged.

Wow, Seasaw, you are into this physical fitness stuff. No wonder you're sore. I'm glad you're able to run again. I bike also, but my bike has no gears. It's just a bike with a wide seat on--no little seats for me!!
Old 09-03-2002, 01:43 PM   #4  
LM

Hi everyone,

I just loved the long weekend (had Friday off as well). Just puttering around at home. And it rained finally so it's nice and green outside again.

I think I need to get serious about watching points. have I said this recently????
Old 09-03-2002, 07:40 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.
I'm back from a long weekend in DC. I saw a friend I went to Japan with and my grad school pal who abandoned me for life in Philly.

I was soo happy to see her . So, I'm back for a few and trying to adjust to a home environment. We did make our annual excursion to eastern wa for peppers, so tonight I will be making 16 pts of salsa. I even bought a new canning kettle for this event. I am so excited.

Domina- what play are you in? That sounds like fun.

okay, everyone else, hi and I'll be more verbose tomorrow.

lala
Old 09-04-2002, 07:43 AM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

lalala: I am in "Into the Woods." It's about the Grimm's Fairy Tales and the characters end up interacting with each other. It's a musical--a very good show.

Went for WI last night--very pleased. I'm maintaining (even lost some). It was surprising after attending a cast party on Sunday and eating a little too much.

Old 09-05-2002, 02:31 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I'm so glad this is a short week! It's been incredibly busy here at work and it's not letting up any. We're already working on Freshman 4-week grades and I've got a nice thick folder to work through.

Seasaw: Good for you for not having to pay Have your muscles gotten back to normal after your bike ride? My legs are still a little sore from all the running around I did at our festival this past weekend. I've been trying to get out and get walking in because I know it will help to loosen them up. It was beautiful here today at noon so I went out for a nice 40 minute walk.

Laurel: How's the point-watching? It's hard to get back into the routine when you've taken a little vacation from it. I'm trying really hard to make sure I write everything down; I've slacked off in this the past couple of weeks.

Lala: Hope your salsa-making went well. I'm getting ready to can some tomatoes from the garden...I figure if I do them in small batches I'm better off rather than waiting until I have a huge amount to do at one time. Would you mind sharing your salsa recipe? I'd like to maybe try to put some up as well.

Domina: Congrats on the loss!

Not much else going on here; still no rain and everything is so dry. I no longer have grass in my yard but rather a hay field. We had the driest August on record and so far there's no rain in the forecast.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:59 PM   #8  
si, si signora

hi ladies,

Its beautiful and crisp out. Sort of funny to think of fall and being happy about it.

Melissa- I'll bring in the recipe tomorrow. Its from the Ball canning book. I really like it.

Well, nothing going on here. DP leaves for her cruise tomorrow. Our 11th anniversary is on Saturday, so we'll be spending it apart. We may do something at the end of the month. Hopefully, the dog and cat will be kind to me that day .

I'm going to wi on Saturday and its not going to be pretty, but I am trying to think positively.

lala
Old 09-05-2002, 08:40 PM   #9  

Hey all -

Boy am I glad you are here... all I want to do is eat my little heart out... and I'm trying to lose 5 lbs before I go to Italy (not too likely - since it's only two weeks away).

good for you Seasaw and Domina! Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm pretty crazed and feel way too stretched and am taking it out be eating.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:49 PM   #10  
LM

Patch, join the club. I don't know why "IT" has been so difficult lately. Where is the click of yesteryear that made things so much easier? (P.S. green with envy about Italy...)

Melissa, I guess the above answers your question. Actually the last few days have been better since I've taken myself in hand somewhat. At least I'm journalling!!!!

absolutely beautiful day here. Just came in from a walk. Lovely day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Closed Thread