Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 02:12 PM   #1  

Default New Here

I'm NEW AND LOOKING FOR SUPPORT! I have been overweight most of my adult life, and I have tried every diet on the market, lost some, only to regain. I'm sick and tired of being overweight.
Looking for new friends.

Kim
Old 09-09-2002, 09:04 PM   #2  

Hi Kim. I love the program WW has and I think it has a lot to offer for those of us who have tried a lot of diets! It has helped me not feel too "restrained" and has sooooo many options. It is like being on a budget, it is up to me how I use my points, but if I follow the suggestions of WW I always do better.

Email me if you want a buddy. [email protected]

Good luck!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:12 PM   #3  

dramcol71-how long have you been following the WW diet? I'm thinking of joining too, I just need to be sure that I will be totally committed to this first.

Kim
Old 09-10-2002, 03:08 PM   #4  
WW Lifetime Member

Angry

Hi, Kim!

I've been doing WW for about 6 months now, have lost 54lbs and am now working for WW as a receptionist at meetings. I love the program and the fact that it is flexible enough for me to have whatever choices I want, but has structure in that there is a limited number of points per day. The program has really worked for me. . . I hope you can find something that is easy for you to stick with and gives the results you are looking for.

Welcome to the message boards! Hope to get to know you better!

Trina
Old 09-10-2002, 07:24 PM   #5  

Hello Trina,

I am seriously thinking of the Atkins or WW diets right now. Is WW expensive? How do I find a meeting place? You certainly are doing well.

Kim
Old 09-10-2002, 07:43 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

go to www.weightwatchers.com to find a meeting near you.
it's ~ $10/week - depending on your location.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:14 PM   #7  
WW Lifetime Member

Hi, Kim!

Good luck, with whatever plan you choose. Here in Canada, where I am, WW meetings cost $13.91 (with taxes) and there is a special on registration right now for September. I think it's $26.75 which includes your registration fee and your first meeting. It saves you about $20, I think. You can also save a little bit of money by buying coupons, like 12 weeks of meetings at a time for a bit of a savings. I don't remember the amount off hand.

So, it can be a bit expensive. But, besides the cost of all the new clothes I've had to buy, it's the best money I ever spent!!!

Let us know what you decide. . . there's lots of support and information on these boards.

Trina
Old 09-10-2002, 11:12 PM   #8  

Trina and Slimdown-thank you for the information. tomorrow I will search for a meeting, hopefully I can find one nearby, and not too expensive. Are we allowed to post on any subject?

Kim
Closed Thread