Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #61  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies.
I do hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
I am going for a run. I bought the Beck Diet Solution and Workbook. It seems interesting so far.
Have a great day.
I will be back to post later.
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 11-17-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Good morning everyone. I disappeared yesterday for good reason. My son is in the hospital at Yale University with a heart problem. He's only 27 so if everyone would add him to their prayer list I would appreciate it. It's been really stressful as I am on standby whether I have to fly out there or not.

I'll try to get back with info as I get it.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #63  
Donna

Laura - Hope your son turns out ok.

I was a bum and skipped WI this morning. I weighed myself at home though and was up a couple. Feeling real stopped up though so I'm hoping that's it.

Not much to report we're going out shopping and then it's date night. I've decided we should do that about every other week, so this is the week. We're planning dinner and a movie. Next time I think maybe the art institute, they just finished a huge multi-million dollar renovation and it reopens next weekend so the weekend after might be a good time, or that may wait until the new year and something else in two weeks, we'll see.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 11-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #64  
newlifestyle

Oh Laura, that must be very stressful waiting for news.
I will start praying for you now. What is your son's first name?
Take Care of yourself.
Ann
Old 11-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #65  

Still no news from the hospital - waiting for MRI results

Thanks Ann - his name is Nino, short for Anthony
Old 11-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #66  

Ann, keep us posted on the Beck book. I keep wondering if it will be an aid in continuance with WW.
Laura, you poor thing! I pray for your Nino and that get good news very soon. Take care.
Well, today is another day. Overall, I am feeling like a failure this week. Seems like every time I turn around, I am eating something I shouldn't. I'm out of flex points and I know I went over last night too. I can't get these people I live with to stop influencing me in a bad way. It's really hard. My daughter told me last night that she just doesn't care about WW any longer and doesn't want to be bothered. Gosh, this is hard to hear as she has come so far and she needs this. I can't make her, though. She's 17.
BUT, last night, I purchased fresh fish to cook for dinner. No one wanted it and in the end I got "dragged" into Longhorn steak house. I did "OK" with what I ordered and during a normal week that I had not already been out to lunch and had Chinese food, that meal would be just fine. But, the fish is STILL in the refrigerator. If I have to sit at home all by myself while they go off and eat and "party" someplace, I will have it and I will be on program. I deserve it.
What shall I do over the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend? I was so week yesterday, I allowed myself to be brought there, I could have really spoken up, but I always have to be the bad guy and deny everyone the "fun" stuff.
At least I was on my treadmill for 40 minutes yesterday morning.
Interestingly enough, after eating out last night and over-eating, DH was up sick in the bathroom several times during the night. I have as my "ammunition" today to prevent another eating mishap???
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #67  
focused and aiming

Laura, Nino is in my prayers. I can imagine how frightened you must all be. Let's hope everything goes well and he's back to normal soon.

Linda, ditto for me. I overate yesterday while being a social butterfly. Now today I'm just a workhorse eating too much hay. (Something like that.)

Donna, date night sounds like a good idea. I like that. I don't want to go to WI Tues but Curtis will probably insist. And he'll prob have a loss even though he's eaten as poorly as I have.

Oh, well, life goes on.

Linda, I love seeing your temp thingee. You go, girl!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #68  

Sandra, as you can see it's pretty COLD up here in NH! I'm chilly.
I held on today and stayed on program all day. I'm proud of myself.
I wanted chocolate in the worst way this afternoon and didn't give in.
Paige??? Where are you??? I'm wondering what's going on with the job situation?
Laura, prayers continue.
Ann? Usually you are here, hope all is well with you too.
Haylo? Tech? Everyone????
Old 11-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #69  
newlifestyle

Laura, how are you? I will keep praying for Nino and your family. It sure puts my worries into perspective. Take Care of yourself.

Donna, I find dates are fun. We have dates when my Ds is in school. We get to spend time talking. I know with our busy lives we sometimes forget about the other person. Have fun.

Linda, I really am enjoying the Beck Diet Solution workbook. I bought both but I find that the work book appeals to me so much more. I notice it mentions that you should have two diet plans in case you get bored of the first one then you can switch. I think that may be my problem, I had lost 50 pounds rather quickly and now I have only lost the other in the last six months. I think I need to change things up. I was thinking this prior to getting this book so now I am going to count calories for a little while while doing the workbook.
Day 1 tells me to review the advantages of dieting, I realize I want to lose weight to become healthier and not get illnesses related to being overweight.
One thing I realize, even if I don't want to do something it says Do it anyway.
I am going to eat between 1200 to 1600 calories per day and exercise 500 calories. I will try to see what works best for me. This may mean I will only run three days a week instead of every day.

Jackie, thanks so much for telling me about this book. I think it is what I need to shake things up a bit. I have never bought a diet book in my life. The only diet I have ever tried was WW. I know the plan works but for me I have become complacent with it. I hope you are getting a lot out of your book.
Erica, how are you and where are you. How is the gym? I do hope you are feeling good about choices you are making. Give yourself credit for all the things you have been doing.
Hello Paige, Kim, Sandra, Barb, Janelle, how are you all? I hope you had an awesome weekend.
Take care everyone.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #70  
newlifestyle

Hi Linda, way to go being on plan today.
I kept getting interrupted while I was trying to post. It is a good interruption though.
How is your husband feeling?
Have a great night.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #71  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We have been working on plumbing most of the day; however, I took timeout to go to Home Depot to get some more climbers. I got 2 honeysuckles, 1 more wysteria, a yellow jasmine, and a pink jasmine. We have a fenced backyard that separates the playhouse/flower garden from the rest of the place. I'm planting climbers on all sides of the fence. I think it will look pretty good if everything lives.

Back on program tomorrow. I've done enough damage lately.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:31 AM   #72  

Ann, love your new snow man avatar! I keep my sheep as my sister and I have a private thing about sheep and it means we love each other. Silly, but it works for me.
Laura, we are thinking and praying. Hope you have had good news. Take care. The sermon at my church this week made me think of you. We were being taught about the journey's of Paul and how there was a storm and a shipwreck. Through it all, Paul kept his faith and the storm finally ended. Our pastor was talking about how into each of our lives there will be storms and we much keep our faith, foremost, during stormy times. He also reminded us that all storms end. That is a nutshell thing and it was so much more meaningful than that. He reminded us of horrible things that have happened in people's lives and how these things do, finally, end. I thought of Sept. 11, many times during this sermon and how scared and unsure I was, but that night my church had an impromptu prayer service. So many people came, not even from our own church. They threw open the doors and rang the church bell, women who were working for a business right down the street closed their office and just came to be with us that night. We were technically, "a port in the storm". So, dear Laura, I hope you have a port in this storm and I hope that the storm is over. My prayers go with you.
No matter what faith you practice, I am sure anyone could relate to what I said???
Ann, like the Beck book had to say, I think it is important to have two diet plans in case of boredom and being stagnant, this is why I have liked having both the Flex and CORE plans with WW to switch back and fourth with. I do hope the "new" plan that WW announces will not eliminate this option of having two plans. I really like that. However, one thing I do have to remember is that whatever they announce, I shall be trying it in hopes that I will be less stagnant. Like you said, Ann, that you lost a whole lot of weight all at once and then your body just slowed down. I hope what you are planning to do works for you. But, do remember than weight comes off more quickly when you have more weight to lose. You are leaner, trimmer and in so much better shape. You body's metabolism has adjusted to a certain amount of input and output and is taking it's time regulating itself.
My husband is feeling better. He sure was quite ill. I wondered about food poisoning as no one else in the house had this. The only thing he really had that was different from my daughter and I was the dressing he chose on his salad at Longhorn Steakhouse Saturday night. I, of course, have my oil and vinegar, she chose a (heavy sigh) Caesar Salad, which was full of cheese and dressing and lots of points. I have to let go and just let her do her own thing. She's allowing my husband to get her off track and all her skinny teenage friends. I wish he would adopt a healthier lifestyle and show his daughter a good example, but I can't force him. He is such a bad influence. He'll be home all week this week as he and his boss agreed that travel over Thanksgiving week was crazy, so he'll be working out of his small office here at the house. This is wonderful as we love to see him at home, but this is bad news as far as eating goes, particularly with a holiday. I'm going grocery shopping today and I need to really pull in the reigns with what I purchase for all our other meals vs. just the holiday stuff. The holiday is ONE day, not a "holli-week" just as Erica reminded us. I have to keep saying that as a mantra over and over.
Sandra, I keep finding it so interesting how settling in to your new home/land/space means so much gardening for you. Yet, your "house" came with you, so it's not like you have to be unpacking and moving as I have done in the past with moves. It's really all about settling onto property, I guess. When we have moved, the last thing we have worried about is landscaping, as we are too busy finding the box where the silverware is, etc. Have fun! At least gardening is tremendously good exercise.
Well, eating for today is "confused" as I have to go grocery shopping. I want BREAD. I'm going to have to have some kind of bread for breakfast, I think, and count the flex points. Luckily, I have 35 fresh points today to use for the week, but now that I think of it, Thanksgiving and going to my in laws is looming ahead, so I guess I'd best stick with CORE foods this morning. I am bored with oatmeal for today, so maybe shredded wheat might help as it's adds a different texture? I sure wish there was a CORE bread that I could have. Actually, maybe I'll go with an egg and ONE slice of lite WW bread as that isn't a full point and I can still satisfy that urge. Yes, that's it!

So, breakfast will be:
One egg plus one egg white, scrambled
One slice WW rye bread with butter spray
apple

mid-morning: banana or pear

Lunch:
Going grocery shopping, not quite sure of the remaining part of the day, but be assured that it will be CORE as I want to behave.
Also, I plan on using my treadmill before showering this morning. Gotta keep up with exercise if I will survive this holiday week....
Love to you, Laura.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #73  

Hi all...

First, Laura, I am praying that your son is alright.

Things here have been jumbled and stressful lately. School has been stressful...the food show was last weekend, and I was SO relieved to get that cake done. All of the items that our pastry dept entered were so amazing, you can imagine our complete SHOCK when the director came back and said that we won NOTHING, but the culinary trays (there were only 4 of them) won 4 first place ribbons. The director is new (he is an instructor and just got promoted this year) and things have just gone DOWNHILL since the beginning of the semester. There are some sexual harassment issues with him, and a lot of other things. Anyway, when someone called the food show organization to question if the pastry items had even been judged (we had photos that showed the pastry items with no judging stickers, and the culinary still with them on...AFTER the judging had taken place) we found out that we had ALL won first place awards for everything, not just culinary. It probably sounds meanial, but I had countless hours in on that cake, plus over $50 of my own money in supplies, and I had put my little dd in day care for two days just to go in and work on the cake.

I've also been kind of stressed getting this stuff done to send down to TN. I had a customer cake due this week, so I ended up making a bunch of items this weekend. I had made some cheesecakes and stuff during the week, too, only to find out that I couldn't find anyone that sold styrofoam boxes, so I couldn't send ANYTHING that needed to be kept somewhat cold. And of course, everything that I made I sampled...maybe this is an excuse to eat, but some of the things I hadn't made in awhile, and I wanted to make sure they were good enough to send down. I ended up making an 8in vanilla rum cake w/peanut butter frosting (which I ended up having to cut and plate two pieces to send after I had put it in the fridge and my little dd got into it!) I also had leftover chocolate cake batter from the customer cake I did, so I put it in the Texas sized muffin pan, and made mini-cakes. Each one I piped it full with dulce de leche, covered it with ganache and put a choc decoration on the top. I chose the two best and plated those. I also did a tray of assorted cookies. I kind of felt like the things that I did weren't the best, but I really was at a disadvantage with the shipping/refrigeration issue.

SO my eating has been HORRIBLE lately, but I haven't gained. I still have some baking to do, as I have to make pumpkin bread for my dd's Thanksgiving thing tomorrow, and then pumpkin pies and a cheesecake on Wednesday to take for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.

I think today will be a little more relaxed, at least. I have to go to the post office in a little bit to get this box shipped off to TN, and then hopefully get the house cleaned up.

I didn't get a chance to read up on what I've missed. I hope you all are doing well! Sorry for the long, off topic post!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #74  

Just thought I'd pop by and say we are in a holding pattern. My son is still in the hospital and they are running a couple more Aorta artery tests this morning. He's hoping to go home this afternoon but he's been saying that since Friday. The stress is awful. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Yes, Linda, the words are meaningful no matter what faith we are.

But I did make the WW Baked Potato soup from the WW website on Saturday. Oh my goodness! It is a taste of heaven. 5 points but so worth it. I have some for lunch today and the 5 pts include 1 T of FF sour cream
Old 11-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #75  
newlifestyle

Good morning everyone.
I do hope you all have a great week.
Paige, wow you sure are one busy lady. Try and find some time for you this week. Maybe a bubble bath. It forces you to relax.

Laura, How is Nino, and all of your family doing? We will continue to pray for you all.

Linda, you need to make meals that your family doesn't realize are good for them. Little changes. I had a friend in school who's mother was always focused on her weight. She went away to college and gained some weight but once she was done college she got fit and started eating healthy. She found it easy because she had been taught about it all those years before. As a teenager she didn't like it too much but as a young adult she was grateful. I do hope this week is good for you and your family and that you can influence that bad influence DH of yours....Have a great week.

Janelle, how are you and how is your eating exercising.

Donna, how is the job search and the walking? Are you still biking or did you put it away for the season.

Barb, how are you and how are your children. Have you been exercising a lot?

Kim, What is new in your world? Life is probably really busy. Take time for you.

Sandra, the planting sounds wonderful. You are making your house a home now with all the plants. Did you take before pictures? I bet it will look really different. Good luck on your eating.

Jackie, how are you and where are you. I do hope you are doing well.

Erika, how is your plan working for you? Have a great on plan day.

Erica, how are you doing? I hope life has calmed down a bit for you.

I am sorry if I missed anyone, I am off to shop, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 11-19-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Closed Thread