Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #136  

GOOOOOOD AFTERNOON ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have to laugh at "life"....so I turned down that job yesterday, and here today another opportunity lands in my lap. I just landed an internship, and after looking at my resume, they asked me if I might be interested in staying on after the internship is over. The internship is in the same town that my MIL lives in, and she agreed to watch my little dd, so I will not have to pay day care even!

So far so good for today's eating. I didn't get a chance to eat my oatmeal this morning, and did have two small mocha amaretto truffles that I made in class. I had started them and tea infused truffles last week, so I already knew that I would most likely be "sampling." I made the tea ones with dark chocolate, though, which I don't like, so those I didn't have. Next week is my practical and I'm going to be making peanut butter truffles...I will be reserving a few extra points for that day, too. Here's my actual so far today...

salmon-2
veggies-0
snack pack chips-3
2 fat free hot dogs-3
chocolate-5 (guessing on this...they were small ones, too)
Total-13/27

I think I will do well the remainder of the day. The venison stroganoff will be filling, and I bought the pre-packaged WW frozen desserts yesterday. They are more expensive, but I need the "structure" of having them already portioned out.

It's been a good, satisfying day today!!! How about you all???
Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #137  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Hi! What a day. I was without power for about 4 hours this afternoon. Totally threw me off! Thank goodness it came back on. It is COLD here and the house was really starting to chill down when it came back on. We have a fireplace, but the wood that I was trying to burn was a little to wet and I wasn't doing well with it. Ugh!

Things here have been very OP. I haven't had much chance to exercise (now that I think of it, I could have done something this afternoon, but instead I paid bills and did some other household business). I feel great being back in control and making good eating choices.

Paige! Way to Go!! How exciting all the opportunities that are being presented to you. I totally believe in Karma and I think that you are having some great stuff surrounding you!!

I wanted to share this with you all! It is hilarious!

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9620010422

Tech and Laura: Did you guys get much snow yesterday. We got about 3 inches here. A lot of it melted today, but I guess we are getting more tomorrow.

Ok, I need to get some kids in the shower and ready for bed. Tomorrow is wi, and I am not expecting to be down, I just hope it isn't to far up! Have a good night all!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #138  

Well, weigh in wasn't all that bad. I gained .8 and it could have been lots worse considering Thanksgiving. Still... I am on the same plateau. Weight was 151.8 and I still don't need to change my tracker here... typical me ranging in the 150 - 152 all the time. It's been there since April in that range. Sure wish I could break through, but I certainly don't expect it on Thanksgiving week.
Briza, considering you had Thanksgiving and a birthday in the same week, your weigh in wasn't all that bad. Happy belated B-day!
Today's meeting was a good one, the focus was on recovery. A few soup recipes were given out and it was suggested that it's a good time to make healthy low point soup and freeze it for those super busy holiday times. I like that idea!
Paige, that is so cool that something else worked out immediately for you and that babysitting kind of fell right in your lap as well! Way to go! I just knew something good would be right around the corner. Now, maybe she'll keep DD longer for you to get in gym time up that way or something? That would be the ultimate! What town is your MIL in? Don't forget I used to live down that way and might know it. What place in the internship at? I'm so excited for you! Awesome!
Now, I did well eating today - stayed right on plan and had what I wanted. I didn't need an in between meal snack and just had my meals. I find the CORE plan kind of does that for me, I end up eating until satisfied at meals and the more healthy choices are more filling? Who knows, but it seems to be working.
NEWS FLASH: The new WW plan is coming Dec. 9th, I asked today. We'll be getting new plan stuff in two weeks!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #139  

Kim, sorry about the power failure, glad you have it on and now have heat as well.
Helpful hint, always have enough dry wood in the house to build a fire at times like this! We keep some in our garage for just the purpose.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #140  

A couple of girls at my work are going to do the South Beach diet. Have any of you ever tried it. I considered it since several of them were doing it I just don't know if I could give up fruit for 2 weeks. I usually have 2-3 fruits a day.

Derry: Well I signed up for another 5k and the money goes to a children's shelter so I made a donation without even realizing it until you mentioned about your donation. Glad WI wasn't that bad.

Paige: Sounds like you are happy with your decision to turn down the other job. Wow!!! Congrats on getting another job offer sounds like things are working out!

Briza: Thanks for stopping by, I agree with what Derry said about your gain.

Ann: 1700 calories is what I am eating. My excercise is going well so far today I have 13,000 steps
Old 11-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #141  

Linda-It's in Middletown; a cafe called Something Sweet.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #142  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Guess who lost 2 pounds this week? It wasn't Curtis. I am so re-energized by this. However, I have still not gotten into the routine. I vow to start regularly after this weekend. I'll do it as much as possible till then. Tomorrow I'm going to the city to shop. Should get in a lot of steps.

I apologize for not posting to everyone. It's late. I'm about to turn into a pumpkin.

Congratulations to all of you who are doing well on program. To those of you who are struggling--just keep on keepin' on.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #143  

Paige, I've been to Middletown, but don't remember much other than older buildings on the main street, I think. But, "Something Sweet" sounds like the perfect place for you! I am reminded of your efforts to open your own bakery with your friend a little while ago and it almost sounds as if someone has done this type of business already in Middletown. So, maybe the internship (and possibility of being hired a bit later on) will be perfect for you to learn this business inside and out and also, the inevitable pitfalls. Then, with full knowledge, you might be able to still open your own place at some point. Making a bit of money and learning first are very good things! I'm so proud of you and I think this is just fab! You go girl! I'll bet the customers are flocking into that place to get those goodies that you do so well!
Also, as it's called a cafe', do they have soups, sandwiches and salads as well? Maybe your dream of selling healthy meals to families on the go could be satisfied as well. So many possibilities!
Janelle, the 5K sounds like a great way to contribute! Good job!
How are you doing with the calorie thing? I hope you arrive at the right program for you and can stick with it. I did try South Beach, in fact I have the book here. I hated giving up certain foods. I felt it was almost the same as Atkins and that was really bad for me. You haven't been on the calorie thing all that long and perhaps you should give it a better chance vs. trying this other thing? You could incorporate some of the So Beach foods into your own eating so not to feel left out at work. It's interesting how diets run through groups of people, such as in an office setting as fads. There is a group of about 4 or 5 women who show up at my regular WW meeting directly from their place of work and sit together. I think it's good they have that group support thing going on.
Sandra, congrats on your loss! Good Girl!
Now, my eating for today.... have to plan, this time of year is a real "killer" without a plan.....

Breakfast:
oatmeal (I know, I'm so boring), skim milk, grapefruit

Lunch: tricky today... I'm driving about an hour away from here to a homeless shelter to deliver a bunch of stuff collected at my church. I'll be like Santa's Sleigh, but this keeps me away from home around lunch time and I will probably stop in someplace. I hope to find a nice salad. One of the favorite "haunts" of "the old me" was a NY style pizza place that is halfway between Manchester NH and home. I know they have great salads, but if I stopped there, would I be able to resist the huge variety of wonderful pizzas that are sitting out. You pick your own and they pop them into the oven. It's truly a treat. I am wondering if I could reward myself with ONE slice of pizza (the old me would have two) and get a side salad.
I have to be on the treadmill this morning in order to reward myself with that. If not, I will not go for it. Always a trade-off....

Dinner:
Eye round roast beef, baked potato, broccoli

Have to make a core dessert somehow today as well, not much time in between activities, but I shall try. Maybe I can make some pumpkin custard right after breakfast and have it baking while I'm showering and what not?
If I don't plan ahead and have a CORE dessert on hand, I'll cheat.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 11-28-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:04 AM   #144  

Happy Wednesday all!!!

My menu for today...
Breakfast-Oatmeal-2

Lunch-Salmon (this was SO good yesterday!)-2
veggies-0

Dinner-my pizza-10
spiniach salad w/rasp balsamic-0
ww ice cream-3
Total-17/27

Linda-The website for the cafe is www.somethingsweetcafe.com . It has only been there for 3 or 4 years, but is a really big hot spot. It is on East Main. I've never actually been in there, but my MIL has and kept trying to tell me to look into working there...I kind of brushed her off a little, but she was talking to them about me over the weekend, and told them how I was looking for an internship. They said they were interested, so I sent my resume to them on Sunday. They do specialty, made to order cakes like I do, as well as the usual cookies, danishes, and other pastries...they do also do soup and paninis.
Also, I was a little surprised by you saying something....since when do you "reward" yourself with food? You know better than that. If you want the pizza, plan it into your day. You will enjoy the one slice and be satisfied that you ate it the "right" way.

I think we all need to get away from the idea of using food as a reward. If you think about it, it's not a very good one, anyway. You eat it, enjoy it for a few minutes, and then it's gone. And more than likely, you will feel the guilt of eating something that you weren't meant to eat. Isn't it better to reward yourself with something that sticks around for awhile, and you aren't going to hate yourself afterwards for getting it?

Sandra-Congrats on the 2lbs!!!!!

Janelle-I have so much respect for people that sign up and do the 5ks and such. That is so awesome that you are doing another one!

Hello to Kim, Jackie, Ann, and everyone else. I must get my tush out of this chair or I will be late to class.

Have a WONDERFUL day all!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #145  
barb

Height: 5'7

Finally.....OMG I could not get on this site for the life of me and when I did for some reason it was sooooooo slow. Whew....Anyway HELLO everyone... I have been gone for some time... Crazy.. I went into Michigan to my old neighborhood. Stayed at my moms and was able to hang with all my old buddies and family... It was so nice. We were there for a week and I truly miss MI.DH mention we may be moving back there but not sure yet. We just take it day by day. The only down point is my inlaws. They are truly wonderful just super close and expect a lot of family gatherings. Which can be over whelming when they have so many people in the family.. My family is large but totally understands if you can not make something. Oh well plus and minuses of living near family...

I have not gained or lost. Again same old thing not recording so that would be a problem..
I have made it to the gym but am sick with a sneezy cold. I went on Mon and spent that day and yes in bed. Today still tired and feeling guilty about not working out. But I know I shouldnot due to lack of energy....

Paige congrats on the job. That is so wonderful... Best of luck.
Janelle I did the Sb before and it is VERY hard the first 2 weeks. You really go through withdrawals from the bad carbs the first 3 days. But you will lose weight and than you go into phase 2 which you could eat your fruits. That time is basically ww core. You just need to pick good carbs and fruits. If you gain than you see which food you added that may not work with your system. I lost 16 pds the first time but than started eating crappy and gained it all back. Honestly it is a good healthy program in phase 2 ..I call it EATING LIKE A CAVEMAN...but we could all honestly do it and be successful in our diet. If we all ate the right foods. That is what this diet is doing. If you can not stay on a strict diet you are better off staying on the cal counting and exercising cuz that really is a normal way of life. The other one is very limited. Derry is right some of the recipes are wonderful and you could just follow those but do what you have been doing...

Did any of you see on Good morning America what they said about the fish we are eating??? This was a few weeks back..I may have already mentioned it so I will not go into it. The sad part is I can not bring myself to eat any seafood yet. I want shrimp soo bad but can not find any not coming from Thailand. I am going to try to get to whole foods and see what they have available too. I miss my seafood.

Well again I am going to do my best to report back here daily. Congrats on all the weight loss and welcome to all the new people. See yeah Barb
Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #146  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies,
I do hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Paige congratulations. Funny how one door closes, whether we close it or it is closed on us and another one opens. You sound very excited about this opportunity. I looked at the menu and it looks good.

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight and to anyone who is struggling I hope this week goes well for you.

Hello to everyone, I do hope you have an awesome day.
My days seem busy although they shouldn't be.
Take care everyone.
Ann
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #147  
focused and aiming

Paige, what a wonderful opportunity! I wish you the best of success with your new job. It sounds like the perfect opportunity for you.

Barb, I know what you're feeling. Our moving back to Texas has both pluses and minuses. Thank goodness the pluses are so big.

Ann, we stay busy, too. Where does the time go?

Linda, what a beautiful post you made--again. I love reading what you write.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #148  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies,
I went to my meeting tonight and we were told we would be getting new info during the week of December 10th, It is a new leader and she has lost over 100 pounds on ww. It was a great experience.
I am so excited about it. As I am supposed to start the Beck Diet Tomorrow, I have decided to do Core and be focused. I hope you all have a wonderful night.
Take Care everyone and have a great day tomorrow.
Ann

Linda, what did you have for dessert?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:53 PM   #149  

Hello everyone, thanks for all your thoughts and comments and South Beach Diet. Pretty much I decided yesterday after talking with another friend that it's best that I stick to my calorie counting. I just became curious with all the girls at work ranting and raving about South Beach. I also remembered this time when I did something for a week to kick start a diet and it was high protein and vegtables (no fruits, etc. I guess kind of similar to south beach) Anyways, I was remembering how horrible I felt, I was getting dizzy and lightheaded and very low energy. So after remembering that experince I got the idea of South Beach phase 1 out of my head. My friend also reminded me that I would probably be restricting myself to much for all the excercise I am doing. She also pointed out that I would probably become so obessed with things that I could and couldn't eat that I would get frustrated and probably not focus on excercising as much and she is right.

Derry: I agree with what you said about giving myself time. I think I have a good balance of foods on that day's that I do well, you are so right about people in the office and fads.

djmommy: good hearing from you!!! Thanks for the SBD info. You should be proud of yourself for maintaining while you were visiting family and friends, that is a difficult thing to do. I agree with you that calorie counting/point counting and excercsing is a more normal way of life.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:58 AM   #150  

Goooooooooooooooood morning everyone!!!!!

I stayed op yesterday. My actual was:
Breakfast-None (still didn't get a chance to have my oatmeal!)

Lunch-2 pieces salmon-4
veggies-0
snack pack chips-3

Dinner-my pizza-15
WW dessert-3

Total-25/27

My menu for today...

Breakfast-Bread (today is my artisan bread class)-5

Lunch-2 97% fat free hot dogs on ww lite bread-3
veggies-0
snack pack chips-3

Dinner-squash-0
green beans-0
chicken-5
brown rice-3
WW dessert-3

Total-22/27

Janelle-I think it is a good thing you chose not to do SB. I personally don't agree with doing diets that eliminate food groups...I don't think it's a realistic approach, nor is it realistic to make it a lifestyle change. IMHO!

SO, I met with the owner/chef of the cafe last night...we chit-chatted for almost two hours!!! I start next Friday! It's a beautiful place, SO cozy. The kitchen is SMALL, though! I've gotten spoiled by working in the school's enormous kitchen. The owner seems really excited to have me there, and I'm excited too. Truthfully, it's what I was looking for, but didn't think I would find up here.

Off to school....have a fantastic day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread