Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There was an interesting tidbit on the news last night about sleeping in on the weekend. Something about shoving your internal clock ahead (or behind) just like when you travel thru timezones. You end up on Monday with a self inflicted jet lag!

Upper body for me today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yes I don't like lie-ing in on a weekend, I usually can't do it anyway, but I do make sure to have a nap in the afternoon, sometimes a 2 or 3 hour nap!

I did love my gym visit! I got all sweaty and then I repulsed someone who was just coming into the gym looking all groomed
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #18  

I did back and biceps today. I'm positively generating my own heat here now. It feels goood!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:04 AM   #19  
aka Superwoman!

I've got pull-ups and dips today - oh and cardio, and kickboxing...

I'm not feeling sore with my new routine, which is... interesting! I don't know if I'm working out hard enough but I seem to be doing enough volume with a v heavy weight, so it SHOULD be doing some good! I just feel a bit tighter, but not sore, so I guess that's a good thing really!

Feeling better than I have been doing these past couple of days, I feel tired because I got an interrupted night's sleep, but I don't feel washed out and de-motivated like I did!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:08 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

Oh and to all who celebrate!

Today I'm giving thanks for my gym membership, my nice workout clothes, my bed, SPORTS BRAS, pink boxing gloves, my job, the money I get from my job so that I can afford said things, I'm thankful that people want to come to my kickboxing class and learn from me, I'm thankful that my motivation has picked up and my lethargy seems to have gone for now, I'm thankful for cranberry juice.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #21  

Happy Thanksgiving Lifters!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 270/157/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post

I did love my gym visit! I got all sweaty and then I repulsed someone who was just coming into the gym looking all groomed

What kind of person gets repulsed by someone leaving a gym all sweaty? Oh yeah, the type who also leave looking all groomed because they spend a 1/2 hour sitting on a machine talking with their friends, walking around, and if they do bother to "work out", do so at 1/10th of their capabilities. I feel so sorry for those people.
Depalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:59 AM   #23  

Isn't there a comedian who talks about that? Unless your gym membership weighs about 25 lbs ...
Old 11-23-2006, 06:03 AM   #24  
aka Superwoman!

Hee Hee! I love it! I love being the sweatiest person in the room! I love having wringing wet clothes!

My kickboxing instructor sometimes says - you have to workout until the sweat is dripping off your chin... Well I do that, and then some!!! Sometimes after press-ups I have my own little puddle on the floor!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:13 AM   #25  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Morning! (Crawling in.) First gymn session in two weeks or so. I've had the most ghastly virus. I managed a warm-up session and 15 mins interval on the treadmill and a few stretches. Now I'm exhausted.

Tomorrow I'm going to the 'Lower Limb Class' run by the physiotherapists at the hospital. We're working on my knee, VMO and gluteus medius. It should be a laugh.

Have a good day, you Thanksgivers. Yes, thank you, I'll have a little of your turkey leftovers, if you've got any. Very kind.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

Hmmmm today's "workout" was a little lacking I feel. However I did do what was required in my program and I did do difficult things, but it only took me 10 minutes to complete... I'm going to go heavier next time and rest longer between mini-sets I think.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #27  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Real quick post.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL OF THE LWL!!!!

I'm so thankful for all of you with the wonderful support and great information you provide. Having access to all of you has made my journey this year more successful than I could have ever imagined. Thank you!!!

Had a good upper body workout this morning. The cardio equipment was crowded this morning, no surprise but I had no trouble getting a bench and all the free weights I needed. Now, my chest and arms are appropriately sore and I can't wait to meet the Turkey. Lydia peeking in the oven for her next source of protein snack.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hi all - hope you survived the big eating day. I was on planes all day, so we fared quite well. Actually had a low intake day since the airlines feed you NOTHING anymore.

Fru, hmm, interesting about the PWS symptoms. No worries, it's either that, or just early signs of .

OK, OK, so I was just the first one who SAID it, but I know others were thinking it. Esp. us moms who have btdt and have the kids to show it. We remember the feelings very clearly!

So back from the Mouse House and got in 2 hours of cardio while we were there plus waaay in excess of 10,000 steps each day (like, double?) Good thing too, bc try as hard as one could, healthy choices were NOT abundant. When there are a jazillion people in one places with LONG lines at all the food places, you tend to grab whatever you can get thru the queue in in under 30 minutes. Ugh SOOOOO glad to be home, and so glad I had a treadmill to use to make me feel good while I was there. The scale will confirm tomorrow, but as of tonite before dinner, things were looking good!

Can't wait to hear from Nelie, she should be back around soon!

Don't get mashed in the shopping tomorrow ladies! Black Friday is a killer!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:55 AM   #29  

Hi LWL,

And a belated happy thanksgiving for all the US lifters!

Silverbirch - I hear you on the ghastly flu... I think I am in week 2. The blues has lifted somewhat, but I am still exhausted. The good thing is that at least I wake up feeling less like a zombie. The bad thing, of course, is that everything left undone in the past 2 weeks is still there and waiting for me.

NSV of today: I unplugged the kitchen sink. I am getting more and more convinced that you actually do not need men about the house after all.

Speaking of which..I dare not hope, but it is distinctly possible that my divorce will come through in the near future. I am allowing myself to think of buying that bottle of champagne to celebrate finally settling with XH once and for all. And boot him out of my life. Today I'll hear from my lawyer about the last details. Fingers crossed, please, everyone.

As for weight related victories: None at present. The scale went up again. But you cannot have everything.

Fru - Glad to hear you are doing well.

Hrbabe - You bet I thought the same as you.... BTDT indeed.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:06 AM   #30  
aka Superwoman!

I wish people wouldn't say that!!!

I've lost 1.5lbs AND I'm feeling LOTS better AND I've taken 2 tests recently that were BOTH negative AND we're double dutching at the moment AND the girl at kickboxing who's just dropped a sprog keeps telling me that I'm next NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stop picking on me!

Anyway.... I'm feeling lots better

And I hit people last night, and people hit me in the ribs - it only hurts when I breathe... Then I had to teach the ladies class for the first time, which was interesting. They all worked pretty hard and there wasn't too much chatting!