Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Nelie, find the glutes thread from last week my legs are still 'grouchy'.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #17  

PAT - laughing about the fishing and not catching, my nephew was freaked at the age of 5 when he caught his first fish, he truly thought it was all about the casting.

RABBIT - I am originally from southern Rhode Island and still have most of my family there as well as the summer cottage. It is beautiful and I love being there.

NELIE - wait until tomorrow, then you may be noticing your abs. Oh baby.

Preparing for a 2 1/2 hour walking tour tomorrow, fun if the weather holds and relaxing as well. Plan to be at the gym and to have some of my cottage cheese with fresh chives from the garden. I will learn to like it.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #18  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I forgot to mention that I did a LOT of weight on the sled leg press machine and as a result, my shoulders look like they are bruised (basically red marks where my shoulders were pressing into the shoulder pads). My poor BF was so concerned when he saw it that he told me I couldn't use that machine any more. I made it worse I guess by doing both my calves and quads on the sled leg press.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:52 AM   #19  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Nelie - I get those red marks as well - they follow the lines of the seams in my workout top but they fade away in a couple of days.

I did LBWO as well today - went to the gym instead of working on the equipment I have at home and I got a much better result.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #20  

Hi LWL,

Beautiful hot weather here! I have been clothes shopping with DS, followed by a swim in the green pool.

Liza - Rhode island1 That sounds beautiful.

Nelie- I do crunches on my stability ball with a 5 kg dumbell clutched to my chest. (I guess a 5 kg plate would be better, but I do not have that). because you lean back past the horizontal on the stability ball, your abs actually have to work harder. after doing the crunches on the ball for some time I find doing them from the floor has no impact anymore.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 06-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #21  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Hi LWL!

Frus, Kylie And Helen – Great job on the run!

Nelie – You are quite the globe trotter, didn’t you just get back from China? My bf’s pictures from China were amazing, I can’t wait to go myself someday!

I really enjoy hiking and walking, so I am very excited about Google Pedometer. I think I may be the last person on earth to know about this nifty tool but just in case here’s the link. http://www.webwalking.com/googlemap.htm# I found out my 2 most common dog walk routes are 3.3 and 4 miles.

Today is the first day back in the office after vacation, always a hard one for me. Costa Rica was incredible, I highly recommend it! I’m just sad it couldn’t last a little longer.

I weighed in this morning and saw that I maintained, which I've been doing for around 6 weeks now so it’s about time to get my butt in gear! I’ve got my new Body for Life for Women here for inspiration, so hopefully the next 12 weeks will be very productive. As if seeing my teeny sisters in their bikinis for a whole week shouldn’t be motivation enough.

Here’s a couple of snap shots from the beach. Makes you wish you were there right now, don’t it?

Off to the gym after work for some elliptical and UBWO. Back to life, back to reality.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #22  
Mel

Oh I wish I were there! OK, which one is YOU, shan?

Nelie- I always get bruised shoulders if I use the power squat machine or the sled hack squat machine. If you aren't feeling sore, try going deeper. Or switch to a new exercise. I did unweighted stationary lunges with my back leg up on a bench and my quads, hams and glutes were sore for 3 days. Just changing the position with my back leg elevated did the trick. Anther thing to try is lighten the load on the leg press and do it one leg at a time. Totally changes the exercise

Rabbit- A green pool doesn't sound inviting!

Mel
Old 06-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #23