Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default LWL #252 April 24-30

Woah I'm starting this thread... where are all our early people this week?

I hope everyone is doing well. This weekend, I had what I think might've been a gallbladder attack. The pain lasted for a few hours but then I felt sore for over a day and a half. I'm going to the doctor later this week to get checked out. It is actually the second time it happened but the first time wasn't as painful nor did I feel sore as long afterwards. So there was no exercising or hiking this past weekend. Oh well.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #2  

Default Mopey Monday

NELIE - If it isn't one thing it is another. Good luck at the docs.

My neice was in the hospital all weekend and still there w/ pneumonia, and I had the older sister, 3 yo's. It is still a little touch and go but has put me in a totally non gym mood. I stayed in this morning with DH who has been an absolute peach with taking care of various kids, taking messages and cleaning the house.

Gray day out there today, but I may be able to take a walk to relax if it doesn't hail as predicted.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:57 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hugs all round!!!

I'm having a slight wobble today, but what with TOM and feeling a bit blah, it could've been a lot worse!

Off to Pizza Hut tonight, I'm ordering salad!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #4  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Good luck at the doc nelie, hope it’s nothing serious.

I’m having some Monday blahs too. Talk about falling off the wagon this weekend. I had 2 concerts and a film festival to attend this weekend, and being out of the house so much I did no cooking and ate worse than I have in ages. We’re talking a burrito, pizza, ice cream sandwich, and I think I pretty much had beer for dinner on Saturday night. I’m feeling a little bloaty today. It’s damn TOM and I don’t wanna be at work.

Ah well, it’s a new day right? Squeaky clean food is packed for the whole day. I’m headed for yoga after work, hopefully that’ll help get me back in the right gear to start the week. My rollerblades have arrived! Can’t wait to try them out.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #5  

Hi LWL,

I had a really good power class today, much needed after a very difficult weekend. I feel sore all over, but I notice definite improvement in finishing the sets & I have added weight (on the bar) since I began !

I think part of the problem is being perimenopausal, and having too much on my mind. When i am too busy I tend to skip exercise, because "I don't have the time" then I find that I am less stable and crumble under stress. So a lesson learned again... next wednesday , I'm heading for the gym again, and next friday.

Frus, Nelie, Shan - get well soon!

Have a great day all,
rabbit
Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150.6/123/120

I took a week off lifting last week and plan on getting back on starting tonight. I have been lifting for 6 weeks and its the first big break I have taken, so I don't feel horrible about it at all. I am changing up the routine a bit tonight and going back down (all my stuff is in the basement) Having taco's tonight but picked all the best stuff I could for them so its not a horrible choice! Anyway I am new here and thougth this would be the best thread to jump in on.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #7  
Mel

Wow am I late! Thanks, nelie, for starting the thread this morning. We had incredible thunderstorms which knocked out cable and electricity early this morning, and I've been at the gym since 8:30.

Seems like EVERYBODY has the Monday blahs...I was sluggish, everyone I talked to was sluggish and most of this board didn't have a great Monday either. Only one way to go from here

Yeesh, nelie! Last week hypoglymic attacks, now gall bladder. Take care of yourself, girl! It was a pretty lousy weekend for hiking, but I'm sure there are better ways to spend a gray day than being sore.

Sugar- Hope all is well with your niece. How old is she?

Shan- Nutrition sounds great Enjoy the rollerblades. Is this something new or are you a pro? I started last year and am still pretty bad at stopping. Hills terrify me.

Rabbit- Sorry to hear that the weekend was tough, but good for you on getting to the gym and upping the weights.

Idamom- From the look of your signature ticker you've done a great job! Glad you decided to post with us. What kind of workout/food plan are you doing? I'm just taking a wild guess that you have 3 sons How old are they?

Today was leg day for me- nuf said. Food back on track after too much dinner last night, but it was just a blip overall.

Mel
Old 04-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150.6/123/120

Hi, Mel. Thanks for the welcome I did an intro somewhere on this section, I think on the sticky BUT will briefly do it here I do have three boys (and im from Idaho incase youdidnt get that from the name) Cole is 8, Joel 5 and Jaden will be 2 in May. I did weight watchers, I need to update since I hit my goal weight of 120 last week. Lots of toning to go tho. I started Weight Watchers in Nov. due to only having one car and my DH needed it for work and money issues I had to quit meetings in Dec. But I was able to track points at home still. I have also been lifting with my DH for 6 weeks now and love the results so far! I feel so great and strong! I can't believe how much easier it was to mow the lawn this weekend! Oh and I totally umm suck at doing any cardio so I am trying to kick it in the butt and fit that into my days, aside from chasing the kids that is. I just got the walk away the weight dvd and will start that this week. Ok that wasn't brief that was a book I am sorry.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:51 AM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Hey Idamom I think I said hi on the other thread and welcomed you with my little fella ... ain't he cute? ...

The weekend was bad food wise and I havent exercised since thursday last week , I did do a LOT of walking and shopping on the weekend though so I've burned a couple of calories... I am off to the gym in a couple of minutes to do some UB stuff I haven'T decided yet what, I run tonight so I don't want to do legs ...

Nelie -- take care of yourself...

Yesterday was a duuuul day here too... no exercise but food was ok...

TTFN
Old 04-25-2006, 10:13 AM   #10  

First of all neice (14 months) is home from hospital and recovering nicely. After she gets better, maybe my sister can take a break for herself, but she is one of those moms who has to do it all.

2FRU - salad at Pizza Hut, you are brave, though I am not such a fan of Pizza Hut so maybe I could also resist.

RABBIT - I think I am in a similar boat, lots to get done, and being 48, though I try to hold onto those feelings of how well I can handle all those things when I get to the gym. Also finding that I am making some decisions like parking far away across the lot, walking more for errands, stretching while watching TV. And making better food choices. Baked cheetos instead of fried.

Mondays set the tone for the week for me and I am working on not blowing the whole week just because I didn't workout yesterday. I am winning this one.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #11  

Hi LWL,

Survivedanother day at work!! Weather is lovely out here. I plan to do a meditation CD later, and hit the gyn again tomorrow. now to get food on the table.

Sugar cube - yep, this sounds like what I have on my hands!

have a greqat day all,
rabbit
Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Liza -- Monday sets the tone of the week for me too and Friday night sets the tone of the weekend

Just came back from the gym, I spent about 50 minutes there ( was sooooo lazy) I did 4 sets of one back exercise 15 reps, same for chest, and biceps and triceps... It was a super lazy workout I must say, but at least I did something, I coulda stayed home and watched TV but I didn't ...

I work for an hour this afternoon replacing a teacher for a period of 70 minutes, it's super easy money and the kids just do the work that the teacher has left for them... PLUS it just so happens to be my DDs math class ... How much of a hard time should I give them ?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #13