Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 AM   #16  

Hi LWL,

frus - get well soon!

I'm back with a virtuous feeling: went to the gym, did 15 min elliptical, 1 hr power and 1 hr pilates with stability ball. Much fun!

Then I went to the store to get new running shoes - not available in my size, a punching bag - not available either, but they did have a new summer jacket! Since my summer jacket dates from 1991, ( and my winter jacket from I believe 1993) I decided to SPLURGE... and now I am the proud owner! it's shockingly GREEN. Much different from the old dark blue one.

Have a nice day all,
Rabbit
Old 04-26-2006, 07:15 AM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Wooo! Can we have pictures of the GREEN coat?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #18  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Rabbit, I love green I recently bought my first warm weather jacket, ever. It is a little rainier here than anywhere I have previously lived so I think it will do me well.

I guess Monday does start the tone for the rest of the week or maybe it was my nonspectacular weekend. I haven't had the best week with food or exercise. I feel a little stressed. I'm also busy getting ready for my trip to China next week. 8 days to go.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:39 AM   #19  

NELIE - If I don't get a chance later, have a wonderful trip.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:50 PM   #20  
Mel

Nelie- If I were leaving for China next week, I'd be feeling a LOT stressed!

Rabbit- Congratulations on the new coat. Sounds like it's time to shed the "old you"!

Today is a slow one for me, so I did an endless shoulder workout. About an hour and a half, then 40 minutes of cardio. I'm starving

Time to feed-
Mel
Old 04-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #21  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Afternoon LWL,

I’ve been feeling a bit stressed out lately, it’s the 9 to 5’in and the commute I guess. At least some work things are starting to move forward and maybe I’ll actually be able to get some things done by week’s end instead of feeling like I’m bashing my head against a brick wall.

Had a decent if short-ish lifting session last night. I had to rush a bit because the boyfriend wanted to take advantage of the Ben & Jerry’s free scoop day and we needed to get there by 8. Other than that my eating has been close to saintly since Monday so I’m not gonna feel too bad about it. Plus how often do I get a chance to go on an ice cream date with my best fella. I got chocolate peanut butter swirl and it was divine.

I’m gonna try to go to water aerobics tonight, hopefully the instructor will show up.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #22  

I've been so lazy this week it's just not like me ... Just one of those weeks I guess... Tomorrow is a run day and I sure hope it's nice because I passsed on it on Tuesday... I also passed on swimming tonight, MY BAD ... It's cold, damp and very dreary here... Apparently it'll get better tomorrow

4rabbit -- I love green....

Nelie -- China, how cool is that?! Is it a vacation or business?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ilene - I caught your lazy week full on! BAM! Straight in the chest! Ouch!

Hoping to start back on the right foot on Saturday, I'm going to arrange a kickboxing lesson and a gym session, or maybe just gym depends on where we can go for my kb lesson.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 150.6/123/120

WOW you all I think I am back in the swing of things! I have done the Walk away the weight "walk strong" video 2x this week so far (not bad since I never do cardio so its a great start) have eaten great, and finally FINALLY after 8 days forced myself to get back to lifting, I feel so great today, my muscles are screaming "thanks for using us" my eating was great till I had half of my sons ice cream sandwhich, but suprise for me I did ONLY the half not his half and then a whole one for me.

Congrats to all those doing so great and hey I want to see a pic of the green coat too
Old 04-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I got my heart rate monitor! I'm sooo excited!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #26  

Hi LWL,

Anotherday from h*ll as far as i am concerned. Very difficult discussions with DS school - the teachers agree that he has the ability but he lacks motivation to pursue the educational track that he wants. And they see no evidence that the home situation is having any influence on him. Sure, his grades have dropped and his attention is shot, but hey, why would that have anything to do with being in the middle of a fairly dirty divorce?? Brick wall all the way.

Furthermore some issues at work, (another brick wall)

And last, my lawyer spoke to XHs lawyer on the phone, about the fact that so far they have not reacted for 3 weeks while they wanted me to react within 2 or else XH would sue because he was paying to much & wanted that money back. Sure. So I said let them agree that the points in their proposal that are Ok with us will be followed, and that we will discuss the points that we do not agree on. And guess what??? XH brings the whole child issue in again, wants me to go into counseling with him to agree in what time the children want to see his newlove. At one point my lawyer yelled into the phone "are you DEAF? my client is not going to do this". So I think we are in for a long long battle, and I do not find this linking the financial issues to the question of when the children want to saccept NL in good taste.

Thank god tomorrow is another day. I plan to go to yoga and power class. And I still need to get a punching bag. maybe I can improvise something, but I really need to kick and hit and scream bigtime. I used to do karate in university, and I liked that part of it.

Nelie-have a good trip in China!
Ilene- is this the "day after' from doing DD's maths class??
SusanB - have fun with the heart rate monitor!

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 04-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #27