Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #1  

Default CARDIO Am or Pm ??

I am going to be starting BFL program. I usually do all my workouts in the evening after work. Is it really better to do cardio in the mornings or as long as I am getting it in does it really matter????
Let me know what you all think, please!
Thanks, Amy
AMYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

IMO it doesn't matter, Amy, except cardio at night might keep you awake.

Personally, I vary the times I work out to fit my everchanging schedule.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #3  

I can not do cardio at night or i am off the wall it is like partytime
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I do cardio at nite bc my small children have needs in the mornings that would not get me uninterrupted time unless I got up at like 5:30 am (not happening). So I work out in the evening. I would say do whichever you are the most likely to STICK with! If you have both as options, try the morning and see if that makes for a great start to your day. If you are a sleepy head and more of a nite person like me, you might like evenings better. I try to work out from 7-8 pm after having dinner at 6 pm and it doesn't seem to affect my sleep, other than to make me sleep better!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #5  

Default Re: Cardio

Thanks for all the replys!
I was actually stressing about this! My husband has done BFL before and he would get up early go running no matter what the weather. On weight training days he would also do that before going to work.
Me, well I cherish those last mintues in my warm bed in the am.

Amy
AMYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I also prefer to do my workout after work too. i already have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to take a shower, get myself dressed, get the kids up, feed them, dress them, get them to school, and then off to work I go. There is no way I could fit excersize in in the morning. And it does not affect my sleep at all except that I fall asleep without any problems. Staying awake is more of my problem.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #7  

The best time to do any exercise is when you can! Pick the time that suits you and stick with it.

I don't think there is any significant difference in the calories burned, no matter when you do it.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #8  

i agree with everyone else. since i have a weird work schedule, i do it at 3 or 4 for many reasons, 1) that's when i have the most energy 2) i like to sleep in 3) that's when i'm most likely to snack 4) if it's a cardio day, i can watch those celebrity shows on tv while i run/do the elliptical 5) i'm home in time to miss the after work crowds and in time to make dinner and unwind.

i think it's just whatever works for you. in theory i would love to work out in the morning, but to be honest on days my schedule permits it, i just wouldn't be at peak energy to get in as an effective work out as later in the afternoon.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote