Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-23-2004, 08:02 AM   #16  
Mel

Good morning 4rabbit Nice to see you out of lurkdom

I haven't tried a rowing machine in years...not sure why, there are 2 sitting right next to the ellipticals at the gym. I think I'll give it a try next cardio. Uh, that would be today. Thanks for the idea

Today is shoulders and above mentioned cardio for me, clean eats, and some last minute racing around.

Have a good day, LWL!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #17  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good morning everyone! Been very busy lately with some travel and getting ready for the holidays. Hanging in there, trying to keep my eating on track and some workouts going when I can, but it's an uphill battle right now.

At this point I'm just trying to maintain or not gain too much - headed home to Michigan tomorrow, and won't be back until the 29th. Then I'll buckle down again and get back on track.

Hope you all have a very happy holiday season, and happy new year!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 12-23-2004 at 11:03 AM.
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:02 AM   #18  
Ilene the Bean

Today for me it's LEGS!!! A little late in the week for legs for me, but better late than never... I will also try to do some cardio after legs!! Should be interesting ... I don't do the rowing because it give me sore knees, of all things....

Today is the Eve of Christmas Eve with DH's side of the family... the only thing to do is vacuum and wash the kitchen floor... and I think DH will take care of that because he's a nice guy......

TTFN.... Let's be careful out there, specially today, and the rest of the week...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Legs for me today. Worked out at gym with trainer, was drenched by the end. Forgot to bring a dry shirt with me so ran into the thrift shop near the office and bought a gap shirt for $2.50, only realized afterwards I had lost an earring trying on shirts. Darn! Turned out to be an expensive shirt.

Thought I had escaped holiday goodies, but the one consultant in the office today brought in baked goodies his wife had made...stayed away from all but the pecans....nuts and I have a love affair. I've packed everything up and gave the baggies to my fellow office mate...she has a family she can take them home to, and this way they are out of my sight.

Took a pilates class last night at the gym but the woman was not at all good or professional. Guess you get what you pay for, which was nothing (included in my membership). The instructor couldn't do some of the exercises herself, and her form was awful, she kept losing count, and she did all the exercises herself which meant she couldn't watch our form. Never take that one again.

I love the rowing machine. It gives such a great workout to back, abs and triceps, as well as for cardio. Our gym has two on order...can't wait till they come in. Want to get in shape for my spring kayaking.

Have a great holiday everyone. Stay safe. Ilene, hope your evening tonight goes well.

Last edited by artmaker; 12-23-2004 at 10:47 AM.
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

My machine is all up and I'm so thrilled It's awesome!

This morning I did military press, lat pull downs, butterflies, ab crunches and pull-ups. I feel good!

Now ... to housework! Have a wonderful day everyone!

ps .... I'm in trouble with my men because I didn't mention that they put it together for me. I got up at noon because the carpet people were coming, so by evening I was dead on my feet. I went to bed and they spent three hours building my gym. They're awesome too!

Last edited by srmb60; 12-23-2004 at 11:28 AM. Reason: family pressure ;)
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:54 PM   #21  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning all. Our men are awesome aren't they? Mine did bring me my gym bag yesterday, so I was able to go right from work - and he was there running his little heart out. He's up to running 5K on the treadmill which is a feat in itself due to the boredom factor!

I had planned to do legs yesterday, and I did. Was able to up the leg press to 135 lbs! But my arms felt recovered from Monday, so I did them too. Over the weekend I made myself a new program, switching to mostly free weights for arms, but keeping machines for my legs. My knees will not stand squats and lunges until I lose some more weight. I'm experimenting with how much weight to use on my arms. I can do 2 sets of 12 reps of bicep curls with a 20# bar, but haven't tried with DBs yet. I read (here?) about a shoulder exercise I like using DBs (lateral raise, move arms out to side, then down) and so I looked at what weights I'd done Monday, then started. Well, I thought I'd read one set at 8# and one at 12#. After the 8# set I said to myself, I can't believe I did 12# on Monday, and did another set with 8. Sure enough when I looked again, on Monday I'd done one set at 5# and the second at 8#. Felt much better! My DH also showed me how to use the assisted dip machine, so I've been having fun with that. I moved the counterweight up one level yesterday, and probably another tomorrow trying to find where I can just manage the sets. Finished up with a 14 min mile on the elliptical, then wiped myself off the floor and into the shower! Feel great this morning though, just enough sore to know I worked out.

I am stronger than the sugar that's rampant here!!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote