Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #1  
Meg

Default LWL #159 -- June 21 - 27

First week of summer! We need Jack to come along and rhaposodize about peach juice running down our chins and planting beans and walking the dog through the morning dew ... all that summertime and the living is easy stuff.

Back later! Hope to be hearing from Dip soon -- I know we've all been thinking about her and her hand surgery last Friday.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:00 AM   #2  
Meg

LUMPY???
Old 06-21-2004, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all!! Lumpy? Meg, is he saying you look like oatmeal? Or did you have an unfortunate accident at the gym....
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:51 AM   #4  

okay Jack you are out of order. First you call Meg lumpy and now you callin me an A**. I thought we were cool

Tiki.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:01 PM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Okay Jack - causin' trouble again? Must be some post-Father's Day euphoria or something...

Hey you guys - I'm still alive...been busier than all get out though. My horse show 'debut' (the one I did in 2001 was just a schooling show...) has been moved from the 27th of June (next Sunday) to mid-September. Still spending a lot of time working on my riding skills though - I need to WORK on that. Also been busy at work of course - was in a class on Thursday and Friday and meetings the three days before! Whew!

I just had a chance to skim the last week's thread and saw Jennifer's post on that nasty thing that invaded her computer. We had the same thing happen to us on Saturday...right when I was going to sit down and check out 3FC. Took 3 hours of going through my hard drive, deleting those nasty things, restarting, etc. etc. until I got them all out (how I finally did it: I went into the "Restore" on my PC and took the 'memory' back to the day before and that got most of the nasties out...then I installed some free spybot software (recommended by Dell - do a Google for "Spybot" to find it) and that did the job! It drove me nuts though.

We had a great Father's day at my sister's house - my other sis came up from Orange County with her family and they'll be here all week - then the whole bunch of them are off to Telluride for a week or so We were invited to come to, but between work and the horse thing and not having someone to watch the cats, we had to decline. Oh well...

Except for a few bites of chocolate cake yesterday eating has been great, as has been exercise...

See ya guys later!!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:08 PM   #6  

Hello all
I need to meet you Jack...you sound crazy! Just my kind of people!
I am sooo happy summer is here!! WooHoo! I got a lil' bit of tan on me this weekend and I'm lookin' just a bit more defined with some extra color on me. I am finding it easier to eat clean with the sun out and knowing I gotta put those shorts on. I rarely work out on the weekend but I missed Legs last week so I went in Saturday morning and trashed them. Now I'm a good kinda sore...
Happy Summer guys
XOXO
L2L
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Jack, you better be careful or you might get belted at your next gym session. Meg's arms look pretty strong from here!

If anybody happens to think about it, on your next workout, can you notice if you are doing something that doesn't pull on the abs? I think everything I do connects to my abs. I'm looking for any kind of weight routine that might be independent of ab muscles. I'm not sure if there will be anything because even if the exercise doesn't pull, picking up the weights will require some stress.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

Oh I didn't read Draper yet! I read your PM while I was surfing for BFL recipes and I got attacked yet AGAIN. No trojans this time, but I did get some nasty spyware that altered my toolbar on Internet Explorer, and then my computer wouldn't boot back up. (SCARY, it even made noises trying to boot up) Finally in safe mode we got some things done and then it was working. We rolled back to a few days ago but still wouldn't come clean. The rest of the afternoon was spent running about 3 spyware programs.

So now this has happened to me TWICE in 3 days looking at BFL pages. That's it for me. No more personal pages. I'll read recipes here and on the main pages but no more small stuff. Those companies must pay good money for people to install that crap on their sites to infect everybody else. I'm 99 percent sure it was geocities.com/jgrrl2 - so if you have that in bookmarks, don't go back!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:32 AM   #9  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Default Hey guys

Well I am not sure what I have gotten myself into with work? This place is a total mess and I have to clean it up! I have been working 10-11 hour days and 6 days a week and I barely feel like I am having an impact....

So sorry that I haven't been able to check in much. I am sort of working, then going home and acting like a vegetable at night, then I get up and run in the morning to recharge myself for the rest of the day. The same routine monday to saturday and then sunday I cook and clean for the week. Not much of a life but the new job is a massive learning curve for me so I have to deal with it for a while. I am learning so much though - I really needed this kind of challange to push me to the next level.

Well I had better get back to deleting one of the 8000 obsolete stock items in my database. geez......... I will pop in when I can.

I miss you guys....

JC
JEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 06:48 AM   #10  

hi all,

quickie post here-will be at an offsite the next two days. JC, sorry about the mess at work but if anyone can fix it, you can.

Saw Prince LIVE last night. The man is beautiful AND on the last set, he wore a Pistons jersey. Gotta love the man!

Please send me stay awake vibes today. I am one tired puppy already and its only 6:40 AM. I gotta keep going til 8:30 tonight.

Tiki.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:30 PM   #11  
Mel

Hi everyone

Jack, your treading on thin ice- now you've called Tiki and Meg names. Can't wait to hear mine

JC! You're still with us...sort of. Hang in there, it's got to get easier. Is Ray back yet or are you acting like a vegetable all by yourself?

Seems almost as slow around here as it is at the gym these days. Amazing that the same people who can afford personal trainers all can afford beach houses, too. About half of my regular clients have disappeared to the Jersey shore for the next 10 weeks and none of them invited me It's certainly easier to fit in my own workouts now. I've gone back to a BFL'ish split until I get stronger. Right now I just can't do a whole workout of 1 or 2 muscle groups. So I'm alternating legs and shoulders with back, chest and arms. I do a very feeble attempt at abs each time.

Jennifer- I discovered that virtually everything uses abs, too. Duh. What I did find that I could do initially were ball squats, step-ups, standing ham curls (tho I had to really lighten up), and most seated dumbell work if I really pressed my back into the bench. Also seated machines, where your midsection is supported either front or back. The exercises that I couldn't do at any weight were lat pull downs, tricep pushdowns (still can't), the big leg press with the sled, or any non-machine ab work. I still can't do that. Hope this helps. Sometimes you just have to try it with a very light weight and see if it's going to hurt. Stick to true isolation exercises like preacher curls, machine rows, etc. until you feel stronger. Are you cleared by your doc to lift anything? (note disclaimer in my siggie!)

Tiki- OK, you can go to bed...NOW

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #12  
WW Moderator

Thanks Mel! I will copy those down and hang on to them to try when the big day comes. My doctor was out sick today so I saw the Nurse Practitioner. I didn't bother asking because she was fairly concerned about my little infected spot on my incision. Well, I thought it was small, but she did some disgusting work on it and then put me on 1000 mg of Keflex a day and said to come back Friday so they could see it. I'll hope to get a round about answer on Friday!

And I did notice your nice disclaimer. I need to put one on tonight. Something like "I am not a professional anything, nor do I act it. Ask my boss!"
Old 06-23-2004, 02:56 AM   #13  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Ray is in Hawaii and the surrounding ocean until late august so it's a cold winter for me in bed!

JC
JEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:39 AM   #14  
Meg

Good morning, LWL! I’m going to lace up my new running shoes in a few minutes and do some early morning cardio. If you haven’t seen it yet, Jack wrote an Ode to Cardio in the Men’s Forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...201#post610201 Once you read through that, you’ll be exhausted. Speaking of Jack, I think I’d rather be Biscuit than Lumpy any day. Yeah, I did tell him that Mel’s the World’s Strongest Woman but we need to shorten that for a good nickname –

L2L – you’d definitely like our boy Jack if you met him but you’re even farther away than Karen! But you’ll be able to see him -- Jack brought his camera to the gym yesterday and had me do a few pictures, so we’ll get those posted in the LWL album in the next few days. He’s got some “befores” that will blow your mind!

JC! It’s so great to see you back again and it sounds like things are . I'm trying to remember -- are you still going to be making a trip to Hawaii? Or have you?

Tiki – how did it go yesterday? Did you make it until 8:30? What are your little cheerleaders up to now?

Oh Mel, you’re making me nostalgic for the Jersey shore! We spent probably fifteen summers in Avalon … mini golf, NJ sticky buns, hermit crabs, bike rides, digging giant holes in the sand, and we even have a kitty (now 13) that we found as a three week old kitten on the dunes. I don’t think we’ll make it this summer though – how about you?

Hey Dip – if you’re reading, we’re thinking about you and your hand surgery and hope you’ll be back posting soon.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:37 AM   #15  
WW Moderator

Jack, while you're waiting to get in, you can post them here in the member gallery. I'd love to up the ratio on member pics to dog and child pics!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gallery/index.php