Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:40 AM   #61  

Wow Mel the most I have been able to do it 185 8 times. You are awesome. I wouldn't mind having that man behind me either.

I had a good workout yesterday but the 3 min. rests are killing me. I have to walk around the whole time b/c I get bored. I am so used to waiting only 30 sec. so this is like an eternity.

I was going to try one of the CC recipes yesterday but Joe and I ended up going to eat boiled shrimp out. Boy were they good. These things were huge. I was good and didn't eat all of the potatos and corn that came with it. I am proud of me.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:17 PM   #62  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Mel- You are totally impressive.

Kempyd - Thanks for the CC recipes. I needed a kick in my cottage cheese butt!

I've been doing really bad lately. Overwhelmed with getting the house ready for a party and my dog has been sick. Luckily, nothing too serious but enough to drive me into mothering mode. In my sailing class on Monday, the centerboard of our boat went out and we couldn't control the boat. ACK! We had to paddle as close as possible to shore and then our instructor used a kayak to tow us in!!! How funny is that!
Old 07-11-2003, 12:18 PM   #63  
Uber-Moderator!!

Good morning everyone!

Almost the weekend YAY!!

Mel...have you recovered yet from the BIG SQUATS?? (I still think you deserve a full-body, deeeeeeep tissue massage...)

Jessica - I grew up in one of those California communities that has lagoons and canals running through it, so we did have a sailboat - a Manta. My dad was a total fanatic about sailing for awhile...we took the Coast Guard courses and I'm proud to say that I still know how to wrap a rope around a cleat...but that's about it Dad would never let us do anything else other than put the centerboard up and down when he felt it necessary, but at least he wasn't a MANIAC like some of the boys who lived near us and had those little Sunfish and Catamarans...they LOVED to tip those things...if the water wasn't so ICKY it might have been fun!

Kempy...Shrimp...yummmy...

As for me this morning, I think I might have pushed myself a wee bit too hard...today was LEG DAY which would have been well and good by itself, but also Curt teaches Spinning on Fridays...so after doing legs for over an hour I hit the spinning class...lasted about 25 minutes before knowing that I WAS KILLING MYSELF. (gad, should've known this would happen when I hit 40!) To my credit, I stopped, stretched, went home and took a nice hot shower... we'll see what happens tomorrow because I'm leaving a bit early from work today to do a little riding - exercising one or two of the horses since most of the stable and gals are in Reno until Saturday...AND I have a lesson tomorrow. I suspect I'll be doin' the Gabby Hayes walk this weekend...hm. Maybe I need that deep tissue massage more than Mel!

Gotta run chickies!
Old 07-11-2003, 12:48 PM   #64  

Mel!!! I find that INCREDIBLE!!! WOWEE. You go girl!

As for me, I'll be ducking out til after the bar. I really must shut off the computer and work my tail off for 12 hours a day from here on in.

I bought myself present this past week. I usually buy my bras from Title 9 because to me they make the best sports bras. Every now and again they offer this cute tee shirt. It's the international symbol for female (the one found on bathroom doors) but her arm is up with the biceps flexed. Underneath it says "Hard Body" . I love it! Mine came today so I hafta go strut around in the gym with it.

But after that it's crunch time (mental crunch time). See you all in August!!!

Susan
Old 07-11-2003, 01:00 PM   #65  
Ilene the Bean

Susan that t-shirt sounds so cool I've never seen that... I'll search it on-line...

Good Luck in your studies... YOU of all ppl certainly deserve it...

Take care... and see you in August....

Last edited by Lanaii1; 07-11-2003 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:41 PM   #66  
cookies are for browsers

Mel, you are amazing!!! Keep up the good work.

And Mrs. Jim - you rock. But then I know you knew that! Speaking of rocks, have you tried hot stone massage? Really awesome, totally worth the extra $10.

Just checking in, went to get huge last night and tried the seated leg press for the first time since high school! I have to say I am pleased with the 190 I was able to get in while keeping safe and proper form. (I had forgotten how much I love the sound of weight plates!) Also made appointment (7am, what was I thinking) with personal trainer so I will be safe while I am getting huge..... there are some machines I know and some new ones that I don't. YET.

How do you know how much weight you should be lifting? I am doing the sets of 5 that BFL recommends, but I am wondering where to start. I don't think the stuff I have at home is heavy enough.

You ladies rock! Thanks again for letting me join you! I feel so much better now, I know I am on the right track to getting my bod back. I wasted too much time on WW and now I mean business. Goodbye ugly fat, hello Wonder Woman!

Jennifa

PS to Susan - break a leg on that bar exam!!! We're rooting for you!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:23 PM   #67  

I am still having a hard time understanding the whole carb thing on BRx.

According to the chart I should have 320G. Does that me I have to eat that much? I was looking through the book into the next cycles and I saw that the carbs get lowered with each. I am already only getting around 125g a day. I am worried that when I do have to lower my intake it wont really matter b/c I am not eating lots of them right now. Could someone please clear this up for me?
Old 07-11-2003, 05:22 PM   #68  
Mel

Default Carbs for Kempyd

Kempyd: It's been a while since I read the brx book, but the yellow carb amounts allowed are a limit, not necessarily a goal. When you say you are eating 125g a day, is that YELLOW carbs, or all your carbs when you look at your fitday profile? If that is your total carb intake including green carbs (vegetables which are allowed in unlimitted quantities), that's considered low (I don't know your body weight, tho) and you should probably eat more yellow carbs so you have something to cut down in the next cycle. If that is your yellow carb count, and does not include vegies, I think you are fine.

OK you BrXperts, feel free to revise this if I remembered it wrong and gave Kempyd totally screwy advice!

mel

Last edited by meliris; 07-11-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:00 PM   #69  
Peace with body and soul

well done Mel! Kempy, according to the chart on yellow carbs, you have a LIMIT of what you may eat, based on body weight for EACH cycle. It is a LIMIT, not a Target.

The "green" carbs are free and you may eat as much of those as you wish, they will count towards your fiber intake as well.

remember: YELLOW = CAUTION = LIMITS, GREEN = GO = NO LIMITS.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:04 AM   #70  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Mel - I made your choc shannycakes last night but cooked them in a muffin tin - they were very yummy and handy to carry around. Thanks for giving me another staple to my diet!

JC
Closed Thread