Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 12:35 PM   #46  
Meg

Default The All-Clad Bra

Sadly, it would have to be the "All-Gone" in my case.

Meg
Old 05-07-2003, 01:08 PM   #47  

Good Afternoon Ladies,

JC, so sorry to hear about your father. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Meg, that quote is a portion of an answer that Keith Ryan, author of a book entitled “ Found Money: How to Consciously Win the Lottery” gave to someone on his website. www.keithryan.com/homepage.html See Q&A below:

I wrote this book that I have been trying to get published. But it has been a long road for me and a hard one too. Everybody here says forget it. I was wondering if you think I should give it up too?

If getting this book published is what you really want to do, and you commit to actions that are constantly furthering this goal, then it doesn't matter what I say. Or what anybody else says either. It doesn't matter how long it takes. And it doesn't matter whether it's hard or easy. All that matters is that you find a way to do it. And you continue to try until you create the desired results. Millions of people have published, so there are millions of ways to do it. Start where your brain and intuition tell you to start, and finish at achieving your goal. If you believe you can do it, you will. If you believe you can't, you won't. What are you telling yourself?

I felt that the answer Keith gave was very insightful and could really apply to any worthwhile pursuit in life, including physique transformation. Keith believes that one can utilize visualization techniques to accomplish anything in life, including winning the lottery. I have ordered the book and will let you know how it all turns out. If it works, there is definitely an entire set of All-Clad pots, a trip to the Napa Valley and a wine cellar (refrigerator) in my future.

Adriana, My mother agrees with you, she always says “either you can cook or you can’t . It’s not the pot that seasons the food”. Yea, but mom is also addicted to QVC, so I discount her answer.

Karen, I too love towels. Is there anything better than 100% Egyptian Cotton Towels? Hmmm…maybe, All-Clad pots or 250 thread count Eqyptian cotton sheets. It's like sleeping on a cloud.

Deb, I have never worn contacts in my life. My glasses became my friends in second grade and we haven't parted since. If only human friends were so faithful. My eyes are just too sensitive for contacts or I am just too much of a whimp. It's a big production to just put drops in my eyes.

Life is well life, but my workouts are going well.

Hello to everyone else.

Later

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 05-07-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:58 PM   #48  
Mel

Default Eyes

Ilene- I think you got my name mixed up with Meg's, but aside from her eloquence, I think we must be twins separated at birth. I cannot see my hand in front of my face! I went thru glasses from second grade on, then hard lenses for 10 years, then gas permeables, now (on the infrequent occaisions that I bother), disposables. But since I really need bifocals and my lenses are already expesive astigmatic ones, I hardly wear them and just take my glasses off when I need to see close. Hard to keep plucking your contacts out when you need to read something.

Did a gruesome leg workout this afternoon and have already eaten dinner I was sooo hungry! Think I may need to up my calories today- I just hope I can keep them clean.

Gotta go collect ds from soccer practice, hope to post more later!

mel
Old 05-07-2003, 06:35 PM   #49  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking Well shoot, just call me Stevie Wonder!

I'm as blind as you guys are!!!

Started wearing glasses at 7...bifocals ick...then after much begging and cajoling...hard contacts at 12...went to gas perms about 12 years ago. Hard lenses are a big pain in the butt - so I just don't bother. Once in awhile, I'll take 'em out of the case, disinfect and re-wet them just so they don't go stale on me. The last time I wore them was in Miami in January, just so I could wear my sunglasses - I went to look at prescription sunglasses in November - and the frames alone cost $425!!! owwiee! (yup I know there are cheaper ones out there...but if I'm gonna wear 'em I want to look good...not like Urkel!)

Meg...just be glad you don't have to wear a Manzierre...or the "Bro" depending on whether you agree with Mr. Costanza or Kramer...(don't know if you remember that episode or if you even WATCH Seinfeld...)

Gotta run...more later (promise!)
Old 05-07-2003, 06:58 PM   #50  

just posted rather depressing non-progress pics on Lean and Strong *sigh*

******pages wouldnt load, will post tomorrow! sorry to lead you on heh************

trying to figure out if its:
a) bloat
b) end of day fatness
c) crooked bathing suit

or if by some sick twist of fate I have actually managed to GAIN weight! Ive been eating about 80% clean and giving my whole *** in my workouts *sigh* Thats all the convincing I need! Back on the clean eating wagon as of NOW.

*kicks self in the bum*

Tidey

Last edited by Tideypoo; 05-07-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:01 PM   #51  

make that TRYING to post pics.. the transformation gallery wont load for me

*SIGH*

Tidey
Old 05-07-2003, 07:08 PM   #52  

Hello Ladies,

JC -- I am so sorry about your father!!! I'll add him to my prayers if you don't mind.

You all are so welcoming and wonderful. I was feeling VERY unmotivated to work out today -- but then I came here earlier and read all your lovely and informative posts...and 1 hour of lifting, 26 minutes of cycling outside and some yoga later, I feel pretty good.

Thanks for the inspiration!! I needed it. Yesterday was our daughter's 3rd b-day. She was 14 months when we chose to adopt her. Our son, who is now 19 months, was 4 months when we chose him. Our church held a prayer service for the children this morning. It was comforting, but, needless to say, this has been a tough week (I won't even bring up this coming Sunday). It is a tough wait getting them home.

I attempted to attach their photos. We'll see how it works.

Thanks again for your motivation!

Peace,
Paula (a die-hard Calphalon fan, but I certainly appreciate the All-Clad discussions
Old 05-07-2003, 07:10 PM   #53  

Okay -- that was our son, Severin. He is now 19 months old. This is our daughter, Adia Odeline.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:26 PM   #54  

Paula,

Your children are really beautiful. Hope the needless delays are soon over and you can finally bring them home. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tidey, Your pictures did load at L&S and your waist definitely looks smaller to me. So, there has been progress.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 05-07-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #55  

Welcome, Paula! And what cuties your kids are!

MEG--My spaghetti sauce is to die for. It's my 100% Italian grandmother's sauce. I have a hard time eating other sauces.
It's very basic:

2-3 cans Hunts tomato sauce (none of that flavored crap)
1 can of Hunts diced tomatoes (ditto on the flavor)
1 small can of Hunts tomato paste (no flavor added)
Garlic (I don't measure it, the more the better!)
Olive oil (again, don't measure, but probably around 1/3 cup)
basil (fresh or dried)
salt and pepper to taste.

Let it cook for at least an hour. I usually will cook hot Italian sausage and add it to the sauce at the beginning. Gives it a wonderful flavor.

This is a secret recipie, so don't tell anyone!

Re: contact lenses. I have been wearing Accuvue disposible lenses since they first came out. I also end up sleeping in them a lot, although I know I shouldn't (but you can). I tried wearing Accuvue2, but for some reason they caused me to see halos. But they were more comfortable

JC--Sorry to hear about your dad. Sending vibes from Texas.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:28 PM   #56  
Ilene the Bean

Paula -- Glad we motivated you to work out today.... What cutie-patooties your babies are!!! Hope all goes well on Sunday for you...
Shelby -- Your recipe looks delicious and simple
OMG girls is this forum "Ladies Who Lift" becoming "Lifting for the Visually Impaired"????

Later all...

Last edited by Lanaii1; 05-07-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:38 PM   #57  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Mindi,

My Dad had liver cancer 2 years ago but got it cut out. This time he has lymph cancer, stomach cancer and now has developed lukemia. Unfortunately it's not looking good at this stage. I will be flying home next week sometime to see him. I would have gone yesterday but I am still getting over bronchitus so I am not allowed to go near him for fear of infection. I have to 100% healthy to visit. It's driving me nuts to be honest....

Anyways life goes on....

Thanks for all of your support guys.

JC
Old 05-07-2003, 09:52 PM   #58  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default :)

Wow…. Such a busy thread!!

I had no idea what All-clad was…. I am not an expensive cookware kinda girl. In Canada I was paying off my student loans AND a mortgage and drove a beater that always needed repairs so I was CRONICALLY broke. I must admit, I live on stir fry so our most expensive piece of cookware is our wok!!! Like Karen, I also asked for towels for wedding gifts, I had left all mine in Canada packed up in my brother’s basement, there is only so much you can take overseas and the shipping costs were outrageous. My hubby owned like 3 towels when I moved in…. now there is a whole linen closet full!!!

Contacts/glasses are foreign to me. I have never worn them. In college, my roomie was so blind she needed her glasses to put in her contacts….. I used to play tricks on her and move her glasses…. She used to get so angry with me (but we are still friends!! I only did that about once a month!!)

Karen – loved the horse photo!! I had horses growing up but sold them when I moved away and went to college (not my choice, my dad got sick of feeding them when I only came home to the farm once a month for a ride and it was not fair to the horses when there was a good home down the road with kids who wanted to ride). I occasionally ride with a friend here that has 2 horses that are boarded about 20 min drive from our house. I either rode bareback or western, but had taken some English lessons…. Good thing, because I am ‘forced’ to ride that way here!! Not a stock saddle anywhere in the metro area, guess I would have to head to the outback!!

Goddess Jessica – shame on the VIP stealing your lunch…. Who cares if it was ‘for a client’. Good on you for standing your ground!!!

JC – best wishes for your Dad. I am sending some local prayers right now from the Melbourne CBD!!!

Tik – I LOVE skullcrushers. Hubby helps me out with these cause I tend to wobble my arms too much. He lightly holds them in place and tells me off when I move them in the wrong direction. I tend to dislike him at 6:30 am when he does this!! Ha ha ha

Trinidad – loved the quote, I saved it in a word document so that I can read it again!!

Tidey – keep at it!!! You have come so far!! And yes, I also see results, you are still making progress!! Ps. How long have you been in Sweden, I seem to remember that you are Canadian originally??? I am a transplanted Maple Leaf too!!

Paula – What beautiful children!! I sure hope they physically join your family pretty darn soon!! I am in awe of your generosity and perseverance through the whole process. You are so amazing.

Shelby – it is lunch time over here, and I am just drooling over that recipe!! I will have to experiment on the weekend to see if I can get it to work. I worked with an Italian family for a couple of years and her secret ingredient was Vodka. Not to get the guests so drunk they couldn’t taste the food…. But in the sauce!!! I never tried it tho!!

Well… Day 5 of week 2. Workout completed, meals packed and planned. I need to stay on track!!!! Quick question, for some reason, the salad for my lunch (also having rice & chicken… needed my 90% veggies and 10% lettuce) did not make it into my bag…. I must have been asleep when I put all the containers into the bag in the fridge last night??? How would a Subway veggie only salad be? The cafés around work are shocking and it would be an adventure to find a naked salad within 30 mins walk??

Have a great day everyone!!
Nola.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:43 PM   #59  

Hi Everyone!

I am checking in because I just received permission to start back to the gym on June 1!!!! Yeah! I'm supposed to start with swimming and work into very light weights (because of my clavical injury and knee injury). I'm also supposed to be seeing a chiropracter and massage therapist for the whiplash type injuries and see if that helps with aches and pains.

In other news I am officially done with law school CLASSES. I have 3 finals in the next 2 weeks and graduate on the 24th. My goal is to walk from the law school to the greek theater where we have commencement in the commencement processional WITHOUT my cane. Right now I can walk indoors without it but outdoors is kinda tricky.

I miss you guys and just wanted to check in and say I am coming back SOON!!!

Susan
Old 05-08-2003, 12:56 AM   #60  

Susan you are just awesome !!!!! i'm sooo happy for you, in many, many ways

keep up your wonderfully uplifting spirits

adriana
Closed Thread