Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 09:12 PM   #1  

Default Reintroducing myself

If anyone remembers me, I used to post here sporadically around the beginning of the year. I got done with about 10 weeks of C1 and then quit due to my own laziness. A horrid decision.

After about a month of eating whatever I wanted, I switched to low-carb. I lost a bit of weight with seemingly low effort. However, eating that way was killing me. It was too high in fat for my tastebuds and I felt sooo sluggish all the time.
Also, while the weight came off, I was still as "jiggly" as ever.

It got me started thinking about "Was there ever a time where I actually felt good, when I actually felt healthy?"

The answer to that question was when I was doing BFL. I felt so vibrant and alive, and like I was accomplishing something when I would bust out those last couple of reps. Seeing my muscles get firmer and the inches come off was great too.

So, I've come back home to BFL. I've stocked the house with the right foods(spinach, chicken, oatmeal, tuna, apples, *cottage cheese*, Myo-Lite shake mix). You all are so supportive and I'm glad to have this board. I learned(the hard way) that this is the plan for me and I'm starting again full-force.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:13 PM   #2  
JEC
Aussie and proud

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

JC
Old 09-13-2002, 08:17 AM   #3  

Welcome Back Parakeet!!

I know what you mean about that BFL feeling. There's nothing like it. You start getting all kinds of energy and alertness. MrsJim added a recipes thread to our Board - check it out!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:28 AM   #4  

Welcome back!!! After my C1 I did low carb at the suggestion of my ob/gyn who thought that perimenopausal women need to severely restrict carbs. Now, I tend to agree with restricting certain types of carbs (bread/cereals) but after several weeks of low carbing (and unlike you I didn't lose a great deal of weight) I didn't have the energy for my workouts and I wasn't feeling too good.

I believe that BFLs healthy balance of proteins/carbs and emphasis on working out does make you feel very good. At least I find it to be so.
Old 09-13-2002, 11:15 AM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Parakeet! I remember you. So glad you're back! The more the merrier I always say

Feel free to join us on the main thread - we're doing a six week sprint (camp 3FC!) We're in week 2 right now but DO JOIN IN!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 12:44 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Default WELCOME BACK!!

I post sporadically lately too because time seems to be taken all the time... but once again I will come for at least 15 mins every lunch hour to POST... It's extremely important...

Lana..
Closed Thread