Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default Move That Butt!!!!!

OK folks - here's our brand new exercise tracking thread. we're doing this for several reasons - like

1. we all talk about it, but never tell anyone exactly what we're doing
2. this is about the only forum that DOESN'T have a regular exercise tracking thread
3. whenever we've had one, it keeps sinking lower and lower and lower until it disappears!!!
4. we're all much better at tracking our food than our exercise.

SO - here are the rules:

1. I'm purposely NOT making this a sticky - we have to keep this thread close to the top of the page BY POSTING IN IT!!!!

2. Post your exercise - and ANY MOVEMENT counts , except for Kier's scooter racing down the hallway! [when you start seeing that i walked around the block or made it through the grocery store, that's a BIG DEAL for me these days]

3. OR, post the reasons you DIDN'T exercise - and that's not so we can criticize you, but so that YOU can see the truth. [the exception: when i post that my asthma is acting up, the correct response is NOT 'oh poor jiff.' it's JIFF: did you take your meds!!!!!]

4. if you're having an issue with organising yourself to exercise, please post your dilemma - someone somewhere may have an idea that'll help you work around it.

READY EVERYONE???? OK - the whip is officially cracked - the starting gun has gone off -
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #2  
There is always hope.

S/C/G: 383/250/160

Height: 5'5

As if I would miss this party. I got my hair did and everythang! (OK-kidding about the hair-it is currently unspeakable).

I plan on walking for 20 mins tomorrow. I do not know if that will be via treadmill, outside, or just sort of doing my "holding the stair railing and stair-stepping" thing.

I agree-everything counts-and it all matters. I remember VERY well the first month after my weight loss surgery. Of course-I was still a rather big girl and I was TIRED and I was in PAIN and I was HORMONAL too!

I was sitting on the couch crying and looked up and saw the treadmill in my kitchen. Yes-I said kitchen. That is where it lived before I moved to the UK.

I stared at the treadmill and did that snuffle huff snuffle thing. I got up and got some tissues and my water bottle and remembered what I had been told "nothing changes if nothing changes". I got on the treadmill and I walked and I cried and I walked. I walked all of 4 minutes. That was all I could humanly do.

But it was that day that I realized that I can walk on the treadmill even if I am crying, even if I had a bad day, even if I lost my job, even if the world was falling down around me-I could walk on that thing.

And I did. And it is that memory that will get me back on it tomorrow.

One foot-then the next. It counts-it all counts.

YAY on you for this thread!!! Thanks billions!!

T
Worth the Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I will try to make the effort to move somehow, whether it be hoola hooping, walking, or just moving. I don't like to commit to doing one thing for so many minutes as I cannot stick with it and feel guilty about it. I refuse to feel guilty about it. I will try to report in what it is I did to move.

Will this work?
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

annie - that's exactly what we're trying to do here! seriously - i count going to the grocery store [which is BIG] as a major accomplishment!!!]

baby steps, darlin!!!!

and today, i'm planning to do some pushups against the wall, and to walk a bit. if it's 5 minutes at a time, and i do it three times today, i'll be happy.

and, oh by the way, i have a freelance deadline this week, and i tend to sit and sit and sit until i'm done. and there's NO REASON at all that i can't take breaks. but i don't usually. and that's a big problem. i'll see how it goes - maybe i'll set a timer. i dunno. i'll figure something out.

Last edited by jiffypop; 08-03-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

YAY!

Ok, yesterday I walked around the lake and made every effort not to sit in my chair reading my book to much. I got up, walked around, took pictures, etc.

Also... when everyone else had ice cream at the end of the day, I didn't... sort of. I took one taste of my daughters and thats it. I am proud of that I also ate well yesterday, turkey and yogurt and watermellon.

I will let you know tomorrow how I did today

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 08-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #6  
There is always hope.

Ok-today was stairs day. I did NOT do 20 mins and I agree with everyone else-that we don't need to measure. ANY movement is a win for REAL!

I also went to the physical therapist-which I count as doing something good for my body. This is the first time I am having any sort of touch therapy (like massage or chiropractic) since losing weight.

I have a hard time with body image (probably a totally different post for a totally different thread!)-but this is helping not only heal some owies (I fell down 14 stairs on my BUM-June 28th. I hurt my tailbone and my shoulder.

So-I moved and I took care of me today too!

Peace,
T
Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I did nothing yesterday dang it !

I am putting on my sneakers and going for a 15 minute walk right now.. this crap has to stop.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

yesterday. i did a little shopping - and climbed two extra flights of stairs. hey - at least it's something!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #9  
There is always hope.

Hiya!

OK-Hubby took me for a ride today through the lush Lancashire hills. We got to have somewhat of a walk-about..but nothing "challenging"-but you know..it was GREAT to get the heck outta the house. Did you know STRESS is bad? Hmph!!

Cheers to all!!

T
Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

wasn't the best exercise day BUT, i got out of the house for several hours!!! TWICE!!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #11  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

this last two weeks have been exercise ****, we had soooo much going on we only made it to the pool maybe 3 or 4 times in 14 days.
BUT.... this weekend I worked at a convention (anime, gaming, comics, nerd stuff) and even though I sat a lot I was walking all 4 days (thursday - sunday) more than I ever thought I could. we were in a mid sized civic center in Nampa Idaho and I walked all over the hotel (we were about 2oo ft from our car and about 150 to the front lobby area) and I was up and down the halls at the hotel and the civic center all those days, I probably got at least a mile of bits and pieces walking in each day.
I also ate pretty healthy concidering how hectic and crazy everything was, though I did get horribly dehydrated a few times.

NOTE: Monday is a forced day of rest, I am simply too wiped out from two 14hr days (fri & sat) and one 20 hour day (sun) to do anything but tuesday we ARE going to the pool even if I can only do 30 mins

NOTE #2: (tuesday morning) So Alex the BF is exhausted, he did alot more at the convention than I did walking the entire time and working two 16 hour days and one 20 hour day ( I was able to nap a tiny bit those first two days) and we have a game tonight so only a limited amount of time between him getting off work and the game. To make up for the fact that he only got 5 hours sleep on sunday and went to work at 3pm instead of 6am he worked last night til midnight and only got 3 hours sleep again.
Alex takes the LONGEST showers, but then he has 2 ft of hair and that takes forever to wash, he said all he wants to do after work is shower for an hour so I said OK lets go to the gym and you can use their shower while I work out in the pool and do my 45 mins then by the time I am done showering (10 mins since it is hard for me to stand much longer in one spot) we will both be done and can head home.
I hate working out alone but I know how exhausted my sweetie is so this works out for both of us

Last edited by SpookyXXL; 08-10-2010 at 09:07 AM.
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

My exercise is hit miss!!!!! But....yesterday I biked 3 miles and then came back and swam for about 15 minutes. Than I did my type of running toward the house because the horse flies and mosquitoes were trying to kill me. Oh, got in extra protein yesterday because I swallowed some kind of bug on my bike ride. Gagging and riding just don't go together! LOL!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Rode 8 miles last night and then swam before I was off to work. Today.....the humidity is so heavy, I feel like it is weighing me down. I like it hot, but hate that HUMIDITY! Around seven, I'm going to bike up to my GS and we are going on another route tonight, it we don't get rained out. I've been soaking wet for two days now and with this extra blob of skin hanging down.....YIKES!!!! I'm trying to pick up speed during my rides, but am afraid by pooch will fly up and hit me in the face and knock me off of the bike!!!! LOL!!! Thank goodness my evening job is air-conditioned.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #14  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

I have learned my lesson, no more "I am going to..." posts, they jinx you.
Yesterday we never made it to the pool one thing after another and I got sick.
Wednesday we made it to the pool and i got at least 30 mins of harder workout and stretching in and then more stretching in the hot tub but very gentle there.

I have got to get my exercise up to 50 mins but man i am just fading out so bad at 35 it is an uphill battle, if I could just get a little better at walking as the weather gets better I could do 2 ten minute walks a day to add to my 40 mins in the pool, oh well it will happen someday
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies!
Great idea Jiff! I've been MIA b/c I couldn't remember my password and was too stubborn to change it. I've since changed it!
I haven't done anything yet today
I have 40 min chair boxing and 15 WATP on the agenda

When I say I'm too ouchie to workout the correct response is Kier have you been to PT (probably not)
I've got 20 lbs of snugglage to burn off this body and I aim to do it!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote