Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 04:36 PM   #1  

Talking Ta Da.....i Have A Date!!!!!

I just had to share that I NOW have a surgery date!!!!! I'm sooo excited I could bust!!

I have waited for months for something to happen for me. My hubby is in the Air Force and we're stationed here in England. I have been waiting for the docs on base to sort things out and finally had to resort to an off base referral. I met a british surgeon last night, did all the consultation stuff, and now have a date of December 17th!!!! However, this surgeon pretty much assured me that I'll be bumped up and have surgery before December!! So, yes, I have to continue to wait.....but, in the worst case scenerio, I'll have surgery in December!!

Now, to think I might be smaller by next summer finally seems like it might become reality! I thank you all for your support, it means the world to me. God Bless...

Just me...Robin
Pre-290
Surgery date: Dec. 17th, but probably sooner!!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:09 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh robin.. that's just fabulous... now, the biggest, most important question; what kind of after care/support group does this surgeon have??? does he have a post op handbook??
Old 08-29-2002, 05:17 AM   #3  

Hi Jiff....

This surgeon has already given me his post-op handbook which I've read cover to cover!! There is also a local support group in his area, but I live about 175 miles from this part of the UK, so I have been attending a monthly support group on base, so I can learn as much about being a post-op even now, while I'm still waiting.

I'm so excited and am trying not to get my hopes up for an earlier date just in case it doesn't work out. I feel really positive I won't have to wait until Dec, but you never know. At least I know it's going to happen. Thanks for your chipper words! God Bless...

Robin
Old 08-29-2002, 07:09 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Robin I'm so glad for you!!

Good luck on getting bumped to a quicker date, but even if you don't December is just around the corner.

Debbie
Old 08-29-2002, 07:53 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

Default one more word of advice

GET YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DONE NOW

even if you're bumped up, the recovery is still several weeks, and it's actually a couple of months before you're buzzing around. common wisdom is that it really takes about 3 months before you're completely healed and have your energy back.

debkay was unconscious for most of that time, so she missed it.

i'm so excited for you. what a fabulous christmas present you're giving yourself!!!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:55 AM   #6  
Hang In There

ROBIN That's great news. And December will be here before you know it. Keep us informed of your progress!!!

Talking about surgery dates, One of our suppliers that is in California, but talks to Alvin a couple of times a week, told Alvin yesterday that he is scheduled for surgery on Sept 10th. His name is Mike, so keep him in your prayers.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:13 PM   #7  

Robin,
Congratulations on your surgery date!! I know that it will seem like every day crawls until then but just think about your new life and all that you will be able to do. If you are like me... shallow ... I spent my time pre-op thinking about all the hot clothing I was going to wear. LOL.

Debbie
295/182/160
Closed Thread