Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #1  
Gym'll fix it!!

Default #166 Ten Pounds At a Time..Looking forward to Easter.

Time for a new thread..now that Valentine's has gone
Old 02-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

I must have had time on my hands the other day because i was looking at websites and found one for daily horoscopes i checked mine for fun and then scrolled down the page to where it asks if you are 'skeptical' i clicked on this and then you play a card game..well..for the life of me it 'wins' everytime..i must have tried it a dozen times i even got hubby to give it a whirl this morning and 'it' guessed his cards too..spooky check it out:
www.alysia.com/wizard.html
Old 02-18-2003, 02:19 PM   #3  
Woman on a Mission

Good Afternoon all,

Cathy you are so adorable. I just loved watching "our" show and when she put that vodka in her drink I just cracked up laughing. She's got such a good heart but man oh man she really speaks what's on her mind! Our holiday yesterday was an Alberta holiday called "Family Day". I'm not sure why it was even created but hey a long weekend is a long weekend. Spent the day doing laundry and putzing, capped off with a treadmill workout and then asleep by 9:00. I am so exciting!

Hope you all have a great day.

Pam
Old 02-18-2003, 03:43 PM   #4  
Connecticut

Default Yo!

I'm here, I'm here -- just shoveling out from under all the snow we got. Love winter! Did horribly yesterday WW-wise -- ate everything and anything. Must be something about being snowbound. Back on track today though because I want to be a babe again

Rented "Banger Sisters" and watched that last night -- cute but I am not a big fan of Goldie Hawn -- jealous of her body. Susan Sarandon wasn't bad either -- I am never going to eat again ! How many times have I said that before????!

Dahlia, what a scare you had over the dogs -- glad that tale had a happy ending as I was almost afraid to read to the end. I have two dogs, three cats and two hamsters -- you do get attached.

Cathy and Pam -- great job on staying on plan -- keep kicking me in the butt because I really want to do this this time. Why, oh why, do I love to eat and hate to exercise?? Actually, I like to exercise most of the time -- it's just getting in the mood.

I have some filing to do today that Russ brought me home from the store. But I'll procrastinate a bit more by checking out Cathy's web site -- sounds like a good plan to me!

Hey, that blouse sounds "hot to trot" there, Cat -- I admire you for buying a size a wee bit too small. And, I'll be clapping for ya when you fit into it too -- and jealous!! Nah, maybe just a little but it's good motivation for me!

Ok, back to the trenches -- later gators!

Terry
Old 02-18-2003, 03:55 PM   #5  
Connecticut

Ok, what was I suppossed to see in the circle?? Sometimes -- OK, all the time -- I get brain dead on those things. Katie (22 yr old DD) once did a project for one of her art classes in college and I was suppossed to see the leopard amidst a maze of spots -- never saw it (she got a great grade so I knew it was me!). The card game has to tied into the computer somehow -- don't know how, but it has to be. But I love the Wizard because he said I was "irresistable"

Thanks Cathy!!
Old 02-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #6  
Ginny

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to report both dogs are fine..Whew!! she had us worried there for a bit.

CAt90.. its an old card trick.. but when you do it, watch the other cards suits... they all change.. you only notice the colors are the same but they are all different.. you are busy concentrating on the one card you picked so you don't pay attention to the others.. but try it again and pick a couple of them and watch when they faze out yours,, they change all the suits... is a nifty trick...

Have my grandbabies here, so can't be on long.. just took a break while the youngest is napping. Doing good so far with eating... hard to eat when you are chasing a one yr. old and a two yr. old around..

Dahlia
Old 02-18-2003, 04:32 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

thanks Dahlia for the explanation..think i'll keep it to myself and not tell hubby what a trick you can tell i don't play cards can't ya?
Terry..i don't know what you're supposed to see i tried it twice and i did see the 'circle' and thought for a minute that i saw Jesus
Pam..you can say that again..Cathy certainly speaks her mind i think that's what i love about her and that smile of her's is just infectious she said she was glad that she was wearing jeans again and that she had a plan wonder what it is? watch this space
Ooooh, 1.30pm and i'm still in mi' dressing gown been pricing flights to Manchester..but don't think i'll go until it gets a bit warmer. Hubby asked me this morning what i was going to do today..i said i was going to clean..decide what to make for dinner and walk 3 miles on my treadmill..he replied "is that all?" cheeky bug i should at least get the treadmill in..so i'm off
Old 02-19-2003, 08:36 AM   #8  
Connecticut

Default Top of the Morning to Y'all!

Yo!

OK, stayed OP with food yesterday and it feels good after a day of binging. Even got in some activity by shoveling -- we ended up with 23" of snow from the storm. Even though I do like to shovel, thank God for snowblowers!

Dahlia, I would say chasing a two year old around is plenty of activity points if you're doing WW. Is the one year old walking yet? Katie was just starting to walk but was holding on to furniture in the process at that age. Christopher, on the other hand, was zipping around at 9 months. Still a terror at 17 years!

I can't wait for grandbabies! My neice just had a little girl and I had so much fun shopping. They have so many neat things out now compared to when my kids were babies. BTW, Cathy, when was Olivia born? I can't wait to see a picture of her!

OK, fill me in, what is this TV show you guys are laughing about??

I have a bunch of things to get done on today's agenda -- package to send out from an eBay sale, filing to do for work, tons of laundry, a house to declutter. I can probably think of a zillion other things too but I'll start with those first.

Actually, priorities first -- my first cup of coffee which I can smell brewing upstairs -- Green Mountain Breakfast Blend -- -- that should get me and my day off to a good start.

Enjoy, ladies, and I will check back in later!
Old 02-19-2003, 03:38 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

OMG i just wrote a really really long post and put in too many smileys and the damn thing was lost!!
Well..i'll see what i can remember after a really good day OP yesterday i went and spoiled it by going down to the workshop (my ride on mower would'nt start and i'd just put a new battery on it) to get hubby to look at it..i packed a snack for hubby and some beers..seeing as the workshop is downhill it was quite a feat rolling down there trying to steer..hold a torch (it was almost dark) and packing a tote full of cold ones..once i'd cleaned up the plug and got 'her' going we drank some beer..on top of the lowfat brownies i baked and ate a few of i completely ruined my plan..i've had two this morning..they are so yummy wish i was one of those people that can eat just one of something but i'm not..i'm a
Terry..Olivia was born on 11th December..i tried to ring Jacqui this morning and again a few minutes ago but there is no answer so i'll have to write..i tried to look at that baby site that you mentioned..i put in Amelia's name to take a peek at her and it came up 'not found'
The program we are talking about is a Canadian one following a group of people on various weightloss programs..Shawna is on Jenny Craig and goes out on a bender regularly and say's the program..another guy is doing really really well on body for life..a really overweight guy is doing well..can't remember the program..a gay guy is doing o.k. too..one girl is on a high protein low fat program and has just found out that she is pregnant and she's just split from her partner Cathy is using a trainer and a nutritionist i think..she likes beer, vodka in health drinks..smoking and flirting with men! she is hilarious..these people are weirder than the Osbournes and funnier too.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:28 PM   #10  
Connecticut

Afternoon!

Poor Cathy -- I can just envision you riding down the hill -- I hope DH appreciates you! I see brownies are your nemesis -- cheese curls and licorice are mine. I just cannot stop with a few pieces. In fact, I am doomed even if I make eye contact in the grocery store. Serious!

Did you see how they have a new beer out -- it's light in calories and carbs and it's from Michelob -- I just cannot remember the name right now. I wonder how many WW points it would be?? If I was smart I'd look it up on their web site. I did see it in the store -- $6 for a six pack which I thought was on the expensive side.

Here's Amelia's website :

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ameliablake/

Olivia is about 3 weeks older -- I bet you can't wait to hold her! Speaking of babies, Pam, how's Mackenzie doing? I bet she's into all kinds of tricks now!

I figured it was a canadian show -- sounds interesting! Wish I had satellite tv at times like this ....

Well, I have been doing OK today with food. So far so good! Making a roast beef for dinner with mashed potatoes so I really have to behave. Portions are my downfall. Big time.

Got my filing done and wrapped my EBay package -- looks like a giant grinder. Why is everything food-related when you are hungry??!!!

My FIL makes oak things (paper towel holders, wall racks, toilet paper holders, lazy susans, etc) and I sell them on EBay for him. He's so funny though -- I sell one thing and he immediately makes ten more! He's 83 years old and it keeps him busy. He's a sweetie and has been very good to us. I also sell some fur animals when I get some in. It is so addictive but a lot of work.

OK, time to put the roast in the oven. Chris has a friend over (no school this week) and more kids are on the way over. Time for me to get out of Dodge.

Later gators!
Old 02-19-2003, 04:39 PM   #11  
Woman on a Mission

Hi all,

Oy vey what a night last night! Got a migraine at work, came home, my best friend calls in tears as her and DH had a huge row and the baby was crying so I went over right away. It just breaks my heart. DH is being very pig headed and mean. Keep your fingers crossed.

Then after I got home there was a note on the door from DH to say he'd gone to the hospital because his Dad had been admitted again. This time it was fluid on the lungs but they've drained it and he's back home now this afternoon. Needless to say my headache hasn't gone away.

Terry, Makenzie will be one on Saturday already and is walking now and totally into everything. She's such a cutie! She's got the bluest eyes and this mop of gorgeous dark brown hair that is curling up now in ringlets in the back. I know she'll hate it growing up and thank her lucky starts for it when she's older. Isn't that always the way? When I get her birthday pics back I'll try and scan one in.

Well I guess I better go do something today that's productive. Am hoping this headache will bugger off soon.

Take care and hi to Grandma G, Dahlia, Karie (where are you?), Meg (How'd the interview go?) and everyone else.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:29 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Forgot to say..at the end of the show they all march out like they are in a police line up and the music goes Daaaaaa...da.da..da (it's the music from a cop show, dragnet or something)
Don't know if its this site or my connection but its been terrible posting on here today..when i click on something it's like waiting for a bus to come
Pam..glad that FIL is O.K. and hope the headache has finally buggered off i had one all night in bed it could'nt have anything to do with the beer..could it?
I just looked at the pic's Terry..she is lovely my mower is still at the workshop so i'd better walk down there and see if 'she' can make it up the hill
Old 02-19-2003, 07:52 PM   #13  
Connecticut

A quickie (as in post ) -- Pam, TLC tonight and I am also glad your FIL is home and better. What a day you had -- tomorrow's got to be better. And, Cat, thanks for the compliments on Amelia -- the bear is a gift from Russ (sheared beaver -- her first "fur!"). Hope the 'patient' is on the mend! Grandma, where art thou?! Hope you are having a great day Dahlia -- bet you spent the day resting after running after those grand babies. Off to Walmart to get some of their flavored "Clear America" water -- no calories, no carbs, no sugar, no fat, no sodium and it's good. Miracles!

Good night everyone and see y'all in the AM!

Always, T
Old 02-19-2003, 07:54 PM   #14  
Connecticut

oops -- forgot to say my computer was slower than normal today too. Cyberghosts~
Old 02-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #15  
Ginny

Good evening Ladies,

Well, I survived the attack of grandbabies.. and Yes Cool Mom, the one year walks.. he has been walking since 9 months.. he also climbs on everything,, over anything and has no fear.... he never stops..

That sounds neat what you do on Ebay,, do you have a site you can direct us too. I'd love to see the items your fil makes.. I just won 4 auctions in 2 days on ebay.. filled in a collection of mine. Now I am all set for awhile..

I did good with my eating today,, to busy chasing babies around..and I am really pooped tonight,, going to go have a tall glass of water and go to bed...

Will check in before work if I have time in the morning.. have a good night everyone..

Dahlia

Last edited by Dahlia; 02-19-2003 at 09:45 PM.
Closed Thread