Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #31  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Swimgirl. Yeah it is easier said than done. I don't know why but i'm in a diet slump AND an exercise slump ever since my trip. It's really making me fear my next trip over Christmas for two reasons:

1. I'm getting married while we are down south over Christmas and I want to lose that weight.

And

2. I'm afraid even if i lose it that I'll gain 1/2 of it back because I'll be gone 2 weeks!

Man, i'm glad I have you girls though. Maybe stress over the wedding has something to do with it? All I know is I have to DRAG myself (and my man helps drag me there with him )to the gym but once I'm done I'm glad I did it because I do feel better and more relaxed.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

kierr - Areyou using cardio machine at the gym? Maybe switch them up? That might be the easiest thing, that stairclimber really works the butt! If you are doing a weight routine, maybe do it in reverse, that might even make a difference. You've got 12 weeks until Christmas, you can definitely get some of that weight off! As for gaining it on vacation? You will gain something, but with smarter choices you might be able to gain 5 pounds instead of 10.

I'm considering getting on my scale this morning, it's been quite a few days since I last did it.. probably a week now. TOM arrives soon tho.. so I'm not expecting to see any kind of loss. Although it would be nice.. Anyways. I am off to do that and then get ready for work.. have a good one ladies!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #33  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Amiee... how did the scale go?

I seem to be doing okay even after my huge pig out on the weekend. No more of those this week I sware! haha
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #34  

Courtnie - NOT good! With TOM arriving tomorrow, it's saying I'm up from 233 to 236! I feel super bloated, so I guess I expected it. No weighing for a week now tho!

-Aimee
Old 09-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #35  
Starting Fresh

at least it is bloat gain and not fat gain! I hope my tom holds off until Sunday so I can weigh on Saturday!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #36  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Ugh, you and me both Aimee, and I probably won't get a good scale read until Friday or Saturday when I can pee it all out (sorry for being graphic! ).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #37  
Fat-be-gone

aimee-during phase 1 all you eat is veggies, fruit, brown rice, yogurt, skim milk, beans, lentils.....no sweets, bread, pasta, white flour, soda, sugar.... you get the picture. It has really worked for me. I have gone 2 pounds in the last 3 days!!! It's probably all water weight..but hey, it's still a loss. Plus, I feel good!! (but sometimes I do miss my junk food....)

kierr--hang in there. do whatever excercise you can. even if its just for a little walk. I hop eyou get over your slump soon.

I am still trying to push for my x-mas goal. Im acing the food part but slacking on the excercise part. I guess cause I can feel the fall days coming. its already gotten colder and it starting to get darker sooner....ah, I love fall and winter but they have got to be the laziest seasons ever!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #38  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I love fall too but it's bittersweet because I hate winter. fall reminds me of trick or treating as a kid, it's my favorite time of the year.... maybe!

I do about 3 hours of cardio a week. usually at least one aerobics class and the other days elliptical or treadmill, sometimes some bike. I also swim once a week but haven't much lately, been too lazy. I use lift weights about twice a week, sometimes 3. I agree, I have to have variety or I'll never stick with it. I think I may have pinpointed one thing I'm missing. MUSIC. I need to get some on my XM again and bring it to the gym and dance it out. I haven't done that in awhile!
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #39  

I braved my scale again this morning.. I was feeling MUCH less like a big round ball of bloatedness! Holding steading at 233. I will be SO happy to get under that silly number.

In my attempts to get motivated and STAY on track with exercise I went out and asked a couple people to do this 5KM run on Dec 2nd (the Santa Shuffle!) and we also have to raise money for it. That way I can't NOT show up on the day to do it. 9 weeks until the run, and the training program I'm doing is 9 weeks long. It's a nearly perfect plan!!

Winter where I live can be HORRIBLE! It only snows maybe 2-5 times, and it's usually melted within a couple days as well. But I live up a mountain, where no one buys winter tires (who would for a few days a year!).. it's just scarey to be driving down a hill that was NOT meant to have snow on it and the person coming towards you can't control their car. We have an indian summer going on these days, it's around 24-27 (73-81F) degrees every day. I do love summer tho so it's all good

-Aimee
Old 09-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #40  
Fat-be-gone

kierr--you call yourself being lazy?!?! doing cardio for 3 hours a week?!?! your crazy!! lol yes, do get into the music again, it helps lots with workouts.

aimee-ive alwasy wanted to do one of those walk/run things. but have no one to do them with me. Ihop eyou get into the training and do great at the marathon. 9 weeks to go!!!

I am slipping!!!! I had a bad dinner last night and I had some french fries and a piece of hamburger for lunch. oh no!! what am I doing? I am sabotaging my diet. Yikes!! I know I will work out tonite no matter what. I hope the rest of theday is a breeze.

see ya later
Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #41  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

I'm doing fantastic on my short term goals. But my long term isn't up until late April... so hopefully, I'll do good all through Christmas!

But, I have to say, I cannot believe it's only 13 weeks until christmas! Yay!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:18 AM   #42  

Rosario - thats 2 not so great meals... totally recoverable. Don't dwell, just get back on that diet! I am training all by myself for this 5k, I'm going to follow the Couch 2 5K program, it's exactly 9 weeks long. Totally perfect for me. You can also do a running program on your own.. just get some good music!

I downloaded some new music for my ipod today And I also went for a walk! I walked to pick up my car from work (Josh drove himself this morning), which was 25 minutes, and then I drove to the little lake and walked around that twice. I am pretty proud of myself Especially since earlier in the week when I went to go for a walk I felt horrible.. everything hurt, and I barely made 15 minutes! I'll start the actual running next week.

-Aimee
Old 09-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #43  
Fat-be-gone

aimee--good job on your excercise. you should be proud of yourself. good luck to you when you start the running. remember, baby steps. btw--are you still watching Laguna Beach?? I am actually starting to like this season. Those girls are so ridiculous its funny

I am starting Day 1 all over again. I wasn't getting excercise in and I was slipping up pretty bad on my meals. Since I want to use the detox phase to my advantage, I am going to follow the plan perfectly. Excercise included!! Easier said than done, but I just have to ask myself "How bad do I really want it??" I want it soooo bad!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #44  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

*********! TOM came this morning! I've been doing so well! I'm going to gain because of him.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #45  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
*********! TOM came this morning! I've been doing so well! I'm going to gain because of him.
but it will go away, mine should be coming tomorrow am.

I am down 1.2 again this week tho, .2 pounds away from 40 lost!