Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #1  

Exclamation What to eat ????

I am still working on losing the baby weight (after over 1 year ) and I have about 10-15 lbs to go until I can fit into my old jeans.
However, I have found that whenever I try to limit my food comsumption, I end up feeling blah and without any energy.
I used to be pretty good about getting on the treadmill or going for hourlong strolls with the babe but lately, my courage has completely gone away, never to return.
I thought I was eating the right things, ya know, whole wheat things, protein, low fat dairy fruits and veggies etc etc but I guess I must be doing something wrong.
I also must admit to the late night sugary snacks and the 2 big morning coffee cups ...could that be it?
Coud any of you experts out there tell me what I should do to regain energy?
Thanks in advance .
ellasmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:29 PM   #2  

It seems to me, that if you are within 15 pounds of goal, and lacking energy, you probably should not be eating less food. But child care, in and of itself, takes an enormous amount of energy because it's 24/7/365. Plus the sleep deprivation, plus housework and possibly a job. It amazes me that women can do this at all. So of course you're frazzled and lack energy-- you're doing 2 or 3 jobs!

At this point, diet tricks are not going to do it for you, IMO. And for the sake of your long-term health, you really, really need to incorporate some exercise. But you need to allocate some time and energy for that, and make it a priority. Can you get some help around the house and help with the baby? Not necessarily day care, but maybe you could trade off with a friend who also has a baby, to get some time to exercise. Can you hire a local kid or relative to help with laundry, vacuuming, and dishes a few times a week? Could your SO help?

I know this all sounds almost radical, because women are trained to do everything for themselves, but let's face it, if guys had to do this job they'd have no trouble at all asking for help. Please consider what I've said and don't reject it out of hand-- asking for help doesn't make you a less able mother in any way-- in fact just the opposite. You need real exercise to keep up your stamina and fitness over the long run, and in the long run you'll be better able to care for your child if you're fit. So investing in yourself is investing for the child as well. Good luck.
SeekInnerThinChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #3  

Thanks for the input seekinnerthinchick (love your handle btw), I do beleive also that I should reintroduce exercice into my daily life .
It's only doable if I wake up at 6 am, which I really really am not too hot about or exercising after baby goes to bed...I'll try that tonight.
I guess I'd like to know what you guys eat also in order to be momre efficient and energetic during the day .I am aware that working out plays a big role into that but food has got to be major as well.
For instance, this morning I had one of those org. stonyfield yogurt shakes, for lunch, half a whole wheat pita with hummus (leftover from baby's lunch ) and a big salad w/ lettuce, tuna,tomatoes and full fat vinaigrette...whadya think?
ellasmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote