Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 05:47 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #353

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It has been another nice day although not as warm as the last few days. It's a "no jacket" day and I love it!

Not much newsy from my corner of the world today. It seems like I spent most of the day writing make-up sheets for the yahoos who are either in in-school suspension or out-of-school suspension. . .our numbers are now up to 4.

"Gma" -- Congrats on the loss! I've never had the nerve to dye my own hair although I did try it at a salon once. It was much too dark and by the time I liked the color, it was time to do it again. Good luck with the job hunt! I'll bet you find one when you least expect it.

I have WW tonight and dreading the iron monster. It was a bad, bad week in the eating department.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- in Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 10-21-2003 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:58 AM   #2  

Hello Magnolias!

Early up again as the dog woke me up gagging and he was buried under our covers somewhere. It is like a Chinese fire drill hunting him and trying to get him off the bed before he upchucks! I had to roust poor Jack from a solid sleep to help me. Dopey dog licks the sheets or blankets sometimes and gets fuzz in his throat and gags and just vomits like saliva and bile. So now I am up until Jack gets up so I don't disturb him then I am going back to bed for awhile.

I started my Dr Phil I think it is #3 rule, no fail environment and that means for me going through my clothes and getting rid of the too big stuff once and for all. What saddens me is that some of these clothes are really really nice. I did find a Plus size consignment here in town and am going to go over there and find out how decent it is and maybe check around other places. I have a favorite "sweater" suit that is a winter white skirt and V-neck cardigan with a wide pink and narrow navy strip on the sweater. I LOVE this outfit, but put on the skirt and it is HUGE! I did find a LOT of clothing that was shoved down to the left side of my closet that I haven't worn in a long long time and now it fits, which is great. If I would ever get called for an interview at least I still have dress clothes that fit.

Well it is almost time for him to get up so I am going to go back to bed!

Faye
Old 10-22-2003, 06:25 PM   #3  

Angry

Just peeking in to say "hello" before I head out to walk. It's been another beautiful day here. I have bell practice tonight; I miss having it on Thursday because then the next day was Friday!

"Gma" -- Isn't it fun to find clothes that fit once again? I also have a couple of favorite outfits that are "waiting" in the closet. I lost .8# last night which really surprised me since I was expecting a gain. I will take it and run with it. I sure know "that sound" and I hate waking up to it! At least the cat(s) are usually on the floor so I don't have to worry about that part.

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 10-22-2003, 06:39 PM   #4  

Jean: One of my friends on another thread lives in Maine and said it was SNOWING there today. It is mid-80's here today and just gorgeous.

I walked 3.2 today so I am on track for Saturday. I think Thomas is going to walk/ride with us so that ought to be fun. I just hope he doesn't want me to carry him because that is out of the question!!!!

I was just looking for Friday date night movie times. Jack and I are going out to dinner and then to see Runaway Jury but the times for Friday aren't posted yet.

I guess I should get back downstairs because I only came up here for a minute and I have been up here 45!

Faye
Old 10-23-2003, 01:20 AM   #5  
Thin Within

It has been a nice top down day here in the Sierras. We went up to Mid Pines and had a nice cup of cappuccino enjoying the quiet in the trees. Tomorrow is weigh day and I did not have my focus this past week. So hard to get a grip after being on vacation but I am starting again to try to FOCUS. I think Cowboy wants to lose a few so that will be a big help to me.

JEAN We are really planning on being out your way sometime next spring.. really.

FAYE I am so proud of you and your success with weight loss and exercise. You go girl!

Have a lovely everyone......
Old 10-23-2003, 04:23 AM   #6  

Yawn Yawn, early morning hello! I woke up and decided to see if Jack's paycheck had been posted so of course here I am yakking!

Today is going to be a busy day. It is errand day and my friend is having her gall bladder/hysterectomy surgery today and I promised to go to the hospital and wait with her husband. I am going to be late because I have an appt first. It is either all or nothing with me!!!

I have 35 names on my breast cancer list with ll having pasted away. Boy that is some percentage, huh? Of course, it is possible that some of the ladies died years ago when agressive treatment like now was not available.

It should be a lovely day again today, but no exercise for me other than running around all day. Poochy has to be taken in for his heartworm shot first thing this morning.

Well, I am rambling so I am going to go back to bed for awhile until Jack gets up and I take him to work.

Faye
Old 10-23-2003, 05:31 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Cool Weigh Day Report

It is a wonderful lovely day here once again ~ endless summer it seems. It will stop eventually but beleive me I will totally enjoy it while it lasts. I showed a 0.4 gain this day and I am really happy about that knowing how I didn't follow my program last week. I have gotten my FOCUS back once again and am hoping to keep it now. Write what I bite and that is a fact.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:56 PM   #8  

Angry

Good Afternoon/Evening, Flowers!
I'm waiting for DH to get home to eat. If he doesn't get here soon, I'm going to eat without him! My lunch has been "gone" for quite some time now!

"Gma" -- It sounds like your day was a busy one! I hope your friend's surgery went ok and she is on the mend. It's not much fun for the first few days. I hope you have nice weather for your race; it's supposed to rain and get colder here.

Maggie -- You will have that small gain gone in no time now that you have your FOCUS back. It will help if Will is watching what he eats along with you.

I need to get supper started so that it is ready when DH does get home. I'll be glad when the harvest is over and we are back to a normal routine.

Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 10-24-2003, 02:58 AM   #9  
Thin Within

Just checking in before I hit the hay tonight. Hope all goes well with each of you tomorrow.

While I am here let me tell you about what planned tonight.

We have decided to put a luggage rack on the trunk of my car. We really found we needed one during our last trip. We have found a neat piece of luggage that is covered with aluminum and edges are bound with black. We are going to have the silver part painted to match the car and leave the edges that are black alone since the car has a black top. I have found a metal emblem ~ running horse from a 60's Mustang that is going to be attached to that piece of luggage which will make it look great I think. Will can make black leather straps to buckle and lock it down.

Catch ya'll later.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #10  

Maggie: Wow style even with your luggage!

Jean: Mary is doing great. Her husband, God Bless Him called me last night. I explained what happened and he said she is doing well. DRUGS! Today and Tomorrow are going to be tough. I know they were for my friend after the drugs wore off and she had to get up and move. I am going to try and get over today with some flowers and then I am going either Sat or Sunday and take my homemade chicken and noodles and some homemade rolls over so they don't have to have take out or something. I am going to cut corners and make those premade cookies though. Maybe I will take some Halloween ones just for fun!

I put in two miles this morning already. It is cool this morning so it was nice to walk. I hope the rain holds off long enough to get the race started tomorrow. I had to of course start my period so my bad day will be tomorrow, but like I told my friends, I am going to do this if I have to wear a blanket between my legs!

You ladies have a spectacular weekend.

BUBS AND GLORIA WE MISS YOU!

Faye
Old 10-24-2003, 01:51 PM   #11  
Web Nana

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Although there was snow in the area we only got a few flakes in the air yesterday AM. Did see pictures of cars covered in snow about 30 miles West of here...better them than us! Right now it is overcast and cool but we are looking at rain for the next few days. Just back from a short grocery trip and DH has gone out to walk the two poodles on his list of 'dogs to be walked'. Have to get ready to go to a wake at 5PM. One of the ushers at church lost his 47 yr old daughter in a car accident a few days ago. She leaves an 11 yr old daughter. Parked at the side of the highway where there was no breakdown lane, she was broken down, and a large truck plowed into her car. Illegal substances found in the truck. It is so sad.

You all sound like you are on the right track...if not down then only ounces up. Those will be gone in a minute.

MAGGIE....Your new luggage sounds wonderful. I can just picture it on the back of your little car. Actually I don't know how you can get away traveling in such a small car. When we travel the Avalon is so packed there is hardly room for us.

JEAN: It must be hard to have to prepare meals around DH farming schedule. Especially when you are a working gal. It sure is tougher to teach when you have to deal with kids who don't care to learn.

FAYE: Good luck on your run. You are doing great in the exercise department. I haven't been walking outside but try to Mall Walk two or three times a week for at least 1 hour.

Saw my girlfriend on the Cape last week and she is doing better though she is still struggling to get her blood meds straight. Sometimes her blood gets so thin that if she were to cut herself she could not stop the bleeding. She also has ostioporisis (sp?) of the neck and that is giving here some pain. The good news is that she saw her oncologist and he gave her the news that she was a go for another 6 months. It has been 3 years since her mastectomy and only 2 to go for the 5 yr goal.

Nice 'talking' to you all....have a great weekend.

Gloria in Ma....wishing the sun would come out.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:11 PM   #12  

Good Evening, Flowers!
Another week is over and November will soon be here. It seems like I just wrote Christmas cards a week or so ago.

Maggie -- The luggage rack sounds like a good idea. We always pack way too much stuff whenever we go anywhere. When DH was a kid there was a rather eccentric man in his hometown. Whenever he went a trip, he packed nothing and bought whatever he needed as he went along. I'd be afraid of being in the shower and realizing I forgot to buy pjs or underwear, not to mention toothpaste, makeup, etc.

"Gma" -- Glad to hear that Mary's surgery is over. The waiting is the worst part, I think. It's nice of you to take food over to them. Good luck on the race tomorrow!

Gloria -- Nice to see your post tonight! We have snow "showers" in our forecast for the weekend. I'm hoping the weatherman is WRONG . . . it's too early! We had another student drop out yesterday; he hadn't done anything all semester so I would imagine he will be back next semester. We are getting a new student on Monday . . . very low level and speaks very little English. Joy! I guess that is job security for the time being. The locals keep hoping that someone will come and bomb the packing plants but no such luck so far. I was sorry to read about the death in your church family. That is so sad.

Bubbles -- Where are you???????

I need to get groceries in the morning and run a couple errands. I also need to get some cleaning finished that I have been putting off all week. I just don't feel like doing much in the evenings; I guess I just feel lazy. I hate it being dark at 6:00 and with standard time on Sunday it will be 5:00.

Have a relaxing weekend, Flowers! Do something nice for yourselves!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 10-25-2003, 01:49 AM   #13  
Thin Within

Good evening folks. We just got back from playing games at a friends hous and had a blast. I was able to stay away from the snacks she had all over the place. She did have an interesting drink that was calorie free though that was real good. Her dear husband even offered to show me the label on the bottle.

As far as my luggage rack ~ it will allow us to have the back seat free of anything. We like to make use of having the top down and enjoy the good weather and having a locking case on the rack plus the inside the trunk that is plenty of room for our stuff. Hope we get it all done by Thanksgiving when we are going south for that celebration. It is 68 degrees here and it is 10:45 pm. Was a warm one ~ good ole endless summer in California.

GLORIA good to see you! Hope your computer woes are soon to be over.

JEAN if all our work got done then what would we do?

Every one have a good weekend.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:51 AM   #14  

Good Morning and Happy Saturday, Flowers!
I was looking for an email and just had to check in here while I was online.

Hope you have a super day . . . the sun is out here and it's only 35 degrees outside; the "high" is supposed to be 48. BRRR!

Maggie -- What kind of drink did you have last night? Time spent with friends is always fun! I have to take a snack of some sort tonight as we are getting together with some other teachers. It seems like we never have time to just sit, relax, and visit during the school day.

I'm off to the grocery store! Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight.

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 10-25-2003 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:11 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Good morning every one. It is going to be a lovely top down day here in sunny California. Don't have anything planned so far so I might just suggest we take a ride up to Mid Pines.

JEAN the drink was made of natural items like red clover and loaded with vitimin C and sweetened with Splenda and I chose the lemon lime flavor. I don't know the name of it but they bought them at Cost Co. They had several different flavors.
Closed Thread