Old 03-26-2004, 02:10 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Arrow Steel Magnolias #12

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It rained and rained hard through last evening and last night. Now the sun is out and it is a lovely spring type day. My wisteria is blooming as is the lilac bush ~ just starting to look real good. The daffodils have finished but were a pleasant sight when they were around.

I am rather excited being back to square one in my program. This has got to work for me like it did before so I just have to get geared up to do it. I am so tired of being fat. We plan on going to Yellowstone for our anniversary in December of 2005 and since it is Christmas eve we will be spending Christmas there. You can't drive into the park in the winter so they transport you in on those huge snow cats. I am so looking forward to being much thinner for that ride in the night under the full moon to see the big animals feeding and take some pictures. So right now I am making great plans to stay OP for the rest of this year and 2005 and be at goal or there abouts.

Take care flowers and have a safe and happy weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: gif stars-2.gif (13.4 KB, 73 views)
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:46 PM   #2  

Maggie: I know the feeling! It is tough when you feel like your weight is holding you back in whatever way. When we get back from Vegas we are booking our cruise for Oct 2005 and I want to be at goal by then too, but I seem to be stuck in the teens and can't get past them to get below 300. I am going to have to renew my strength when we get back from vacation and really work hard to get this next 100 lbs off and then the remaining 50 or so.

I am so miffed at Jack right now. We went out to the mall to pick up a brochure for our cruise and he wanted to eat at the food court so we did. I got something that was totally inedible, burnt and gross and didn't want to eat anything there. He got a chili dog (though he didn't want to get anything that would make his heart burn worse, like a chili dog isn't going to do that) Well now I am hungry and he has indigestion and doesn't want anything to eat so I guess I am going to go without, which doesn't hurt me, but I am hungry. Secondly, he started talking about the trip and ask me if I was as anxious as he and I said yes because then I wouldn't be alone all the time (he is notoriously bad about coming upstairs and plugging into the computer for the whole evening leaving me alone) He said, "I promise, I will stay downstairs with you tonight." Well, he did, he is watching the basketball tournament and doesn't even know I am upstairs. Why are men such insensitive jerks sometimes????? The man knows I spend everyday alone here in the house and then most evenings alone too. Oh well, after I yell at him about it I will feel better and I guarantee I am going to because I don't keep stuff in anymore and the dope has no defense against it!

You ladies have a nice weekend!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #3  

Talking

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is a "warm" 59 degrees here tonight. It is very humid -- there is a haze hanging in the air and the pavement looks wet. It is weird!

I went to my favorite (NOT) store tonight to make copies of some pictures. Of course the machine wouldn't cooperate and the dunce working behind the counter just couldn't figure out what the problem might be. I'd still be standing there waiting if I had listened to her. I hate it when machines don't work right!

I have laundry going tonight as we are going to be gone a good part of tomorrow. DH is doing farm chores for his friend and I have cat chores to do. Then we are heading over to DH's hometown to attend a 100th birthday party celebration. Tonight the lady at the grocery store was handing out samples of ham loaf made into patties and grilled. Hmm, hmm, good! So I bought some and we are going to grill at Ian's house tomorrow night for supper. Beth and Madaline will also come over so we will have a mini family reunion.

Maggie -- Thanks for starting the new thread. The plants in the school courtyard are pushing through and hopefully we will have some flowers before too long. We have lots of robins too. I didn't know that you could get into Yellowstone during the winter months. Is the lodge by Old Faithful open or do you just get a ride to look at the sights? Sounds like fun! You will get yourself back on the weight loss track in no time . . . you are so determined.

"Gma" -- Where are you going to cruise to? We've never been on one and I would like to go on one. I think it would be more fun to go with someone that you know. Let us know if Jack figures out that he is sitting "alone" tonight. I am the one who comes upstairs and gets on the computer. It drives me nuts when DH starts to channel surf.

I don't know much else newsy or otherwise. Hope you have a nice weekend; it is supposed to rain here tomorrow.

Jean -- from Iowa
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:51 AM   #4  
Thin Within

Arrow Friday Night

GOOD NIGHT MAGNOLIAS

I have finally gotten my FOCUS and will do better this go round because I will do it till I reach goal. I start my week with Thursday because it is my weigh day and we do our shopping that day and eat out at noon. With my schedule I have 13 Flex Points available to bring my average day to 25 Points. If I don't use the Flex Points and eat all my alloted points in my schedule that makes my daily average 23 Points.

JEAN yes the Inn we will stay at is the one near Old Faithful. It is a beautiful place and they also have outlying cabins that you can rent. Sounds like Spring is trying to peek through in your neighborhood.

FAYE you know we have about the same amount of weight to lose so lets make a pact to get going and walk this road to thin together. I don't mean to start a race because your system lets loose of pounds faster than mine but we both need to get there by the end of 2005.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-27-2004 at 02:53 AM.
                Old 03-27-2004, 06:48 AM   #5  
                Maggi

I am new and was nosing around and saw the Steel Magnolia group and thought I just might fit in. I was just dedicated myself to losing my weight and getting healthy. I'm a southern Magnolia, originally from Mobile, AL living in Florida. I understand what you were saying about feeling good about yourself on your trip to Yellowstone. When I got married we went to Jamica and I was about 30 pounds overweight and felt it. I then lost it all a couple of years later, then gained it back 4 years ago and gave up! Now I'm not giving up on me or my health. Diabetes run wild in my family and I would personally like to avoid having that and I know one of the ways is to watch what I eat and get my weight on track. I've been dieting for a week now, using a low calorie diet and exercise. I've tried other diets, adkins, weight watchers, they are all good but not for everyone. I liked the old weight watchers plan (before points) because it gave me help in portion control and cutting out my trigger foods, the point system is good but not for me because that gave me too much leeway to cheat, and I was only cheating myself. Adkins is great for some, and I believe in it but not for me, I need the balance of a diet to lose and I crave fruits and vegtables. I really believe that there is something to that body type diet or personality type diet stuff. I have several friends on Adkins and they are doing great and they feel energized.

I want to lose my weight for no specific event but just overall physical and emotional health. But, ya'll really set my mind to thinking about a great reward for myself and my hubby by us planning a trip. He has been wanting to go to either Cancum or Hawaii and I think it would be great to go to one of those places and feel good about myself and not feel so fat.
                magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
                Old 03-27-2004, 07:18 AM   #6  

Good Saturday Morning and welcome to the new flower!

Jean: We WANTED to go to the eastern Carribean because Jack has been to St Thomas and wanted to take me there, but we decided on Mexico because we want my ds and dbil to join us and they live in S Calf and we leave from Long Beach. They are more financially strapped than us so that would cut out airline tickets for them. The ports of call are Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. It will cost about $2200 or there abouts. We plan on booking a balcony room (I typed bolony room first! ) and that cost a bit more. Romance still lives in these old hearts!!!!

Maggie: You got it kiddo! I am trying to just stay even right now and while I am in Vegas, but I make a commitment to you to work hard with you to lose this weight!

Magnolia: It is nice to meet you. We are a tiny group but these ladies are great!

Have a great weekend!

Faye
                Old 03-27-2004, 08:53 AM   #7  
                Maggi

Default thanks and I will hang with ya'll

I'm here to help ya'll to and I just did my yahoo instant messenger so if any of ya'll have yahoo my name is same as here magnoliamouth.
                Old 03-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #8  

Happy Saturday, Flowers!
                It is pouring rain in my corner of the world this morning. We need it and the grass is turning green as I look out the window.

My washer and dryer are humming away, the dishwasher is loaded, a pan of brownies has been baked, and I'm going to put some baked beans together when I finish here. We plan to grill ham loaf patties with the kids tonight; it was my idea to do it at their house so figured I'd better bring the food! I'm assuming that we will have birthday cake at the party this afternoon so I can pass up the brownies later.

Maggie -- Congratulations on being back on track! You can do it, I know you can . . . we all can if we'd just do it!

Magnolia -- Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! We may be small but we are mighty! I live in Iowa with my DH and work with special ed. students in our local high school. Post often so that you will get to know us and we you. I belong to WW mainly to be accountable at the scale each week. I'm not crazy about their current plan as it is too lenient for me. I've been yoyoing up and down for quite awhile now and I need to buckle down again.

"Gma" -- The cruise sounds like so much fun. I've seen pictures of the food that others have taken. It is awesome how they can display it so beautifully. You will have a wonderful time!

I need to keep moving as I have cat chores to go attend to before we leave for the afternoon. Have a great day, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
                Old 03-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #9  
                Thin Within

Arrow Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

What a beautiful morning it is. Will is gone to a Men's Breakfast and won't be home till around noon so I am just easing into the world. Got my tall stainless class of coffee which I sip through two tiny straws and and just think I am happy as can be. After I get a bite of breakfast in me then I plan on doing a short session with my WATP program. I am still working at it and will get through the whole DVD one day.

JEAN you can tighten down the current WW program to be more restrictive for you if that would work better. Just remember that each Point equals 60 calories. You can taylor it to what ever amount of calories it is that you find you can lose weight while consuming them.

FAYE Mexico is os pretty at those places you will be going! What fun you will have ~ a slimmer you in the surf. I can see it now. Send pictures. Vegas has some wonderful places to eat that cost hardly anything and you can stay OP pretty easily there.

MAGI Two of us! WELCOME to the group. We are small in number but a mighty bunch and are jazzed that you will be one of us. Losing weight is such a personal thing in that our systems are all a bit different and what works for me doesn't exactly work for everyone. You have to find what works for you and go with it. While you are going down the road to thin also loearn to eat the foods that you can eat the rest of your life to keep off those hard to get off pounds. It is all about a learning process and we have all lost some and gained some and now are losing some more. Glad to have you join us.

OK folks ~ this is the last weekend in March and April is knocking on our door. Let's not be an April Fool but make April work for us.
                Old 03-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #10  
                Maggi

Talking Love to Post

I love to post to you guys, your minds are quick and you are on target and that will help us all on target. Right now I'm sitting here after eating a piece of veggie cheese toast on diet breat and a salad for lunch. The whole meal is under 250 but so far I've had trouble eating the 1300 per day that I'm sticking to. I will adjust it later if I stop losing. The day is beautiful here in North Florida. DH....does that mean dear huband or darn husband or can it work both way?
                Old 03-27-2004, 03:16 PM   #11  

Maggie: Sounds like you are having a nice quiet morning to yourself. I got up at 5 am and cleaned the whole house and did all the laundry so I would have the rest of the day. We have about 95% of our stuff packed for the trip so now we just have last minute stuff. I am a true list maker so we rarely forget anything. I just add it to the list as I think of it and cross it off as it is packed. I also make the "what to do before we leave" list, like shut down the computer, set up the lights to go on and off, stop the mail etc.

Jean: Have fun at the family's this evening. We are just going to relax I think and oh btw, Jack came upstairs and asked if I was mad at him Friday night and I let loose, he took offense and took his bed pillow downstairs and I asked him why and he said he was going to lay downstairs. I asked him if he was going to sleep down there too and he said, "Maybe." I told him he better stick his thumb in his mouth while he was laying down because he was acting like a baby! Didn't take but about 20 minutes and up he comes. I asked him what he was doing and he said he didn't want to sleep downstairs, and I told him he didn't have to. I said I would and have never asked him to do that. Later on, I went downstairs and folded some laundry and put the last load in the dryer and he came downstairs and told me he loved me and he was sorry and that he was going to go out and get me something to eat! The man is putty in my hands!

Mag: If you don't mind a lady that has been doing this awhile butt in. Try and keep as close to your calorie allotment as possible. Eating less does not mean losing more quickly. Your body will start thinking it needs less food and slow your metabolism down and you will actually start to gain! Ugly, I know but that is what happens!

Everyone have a great afternoon!

Faye
                Old 03-27-2004, 05:58 PM   #12  
                Maggi

Default Butting in can be beautiful, lol

No butting in is good. Yeah, I knew that about the calories and I keep eating, but sticking to healthy things apples etc. I have 1300 calories and that sounds like a lot and a little at the same time, but now I'm not eating cookies or candy and watching my portions and what I eat and some days its a bit harder to get to the 1300, I have some fat free, sugar free ice creams sandwiches (130 c) and I will have one of those if I'm too under.

I bought a program called Weight by Date Pro, its diet tracking software, journal, calendar. I track my food by that and it also lets you add food to the food list if it is not already in its data base. I found it own the internet and it was $40 and I didn't think that was too bad and it seems to be a pretty good program so far.

When do you leave on your trip? and what did he do to get in the dog house. I have another favorite quote "men can't live with them, can't play mind games without them" I love my hunny bunny, but he is German descent and they are tough and stubborn and always right, and now I got to say how can he be, if I am, ha ha ha ha
                Old 03-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #13  

Mag: Good, I am glad you realize too little can be bad too! As for Jack, we have been married 31 years so it is never anything too serious with us and NEVER EVER lasts more than a few hours even the worst ones! He had just told me he would stay downstairs with me on Friday evening (he usually goes upstairs to the computer right after dinner and stays plugged in most of the evening) and he did stay downstairs, but turned on the NCAA basketball games then didn't understand why I came upstairs mad at him! He is so clueless most of the time! I really thing it is a genetic defect most men have!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. It's going to be quiet around here today. We are going to the gym when it opens at one, but that is about it.

Have a great day!

Faye
                Old 03-28-2004, 12:57 PM   #14  

Talking

Good Morning, Flowers!
                It is misting again, cold, and gloomy in my corner of the world. I finally turned the furnace up to take away the damp feeling in the house.

I'm waiting for the dryer to quit so I can leave to do my cat chores. The
                "parents" will be home tonight so this is my last time.

Maggie -- I always thought that 1 point was 50 calories. Did that change with the latest new program? Since I don't stay for the meetings, I could very well be wrong.

Magnolia -- DH mean Dear Husband in my case. I have a gem (as do Maggie and "Gma") and I wouldn't trade him for anything. I have not heard of your diet program but if it is working for you that is great!

"Gma" -- Enjoy your trek to the gym. You are so faithful to your exercise routine! I was planning on a walk this afternoon but can't get fired up unless it quits raining.

I need to check the dryer and see if the clothes are damp/dry enough to hang on the line. Hope you all have a nice day!

Jean -- in Iowa!
                Old 03-28-2004, 03:28 PM   #15  
                Web Nana

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

First I must say another welcome to Magnoliamouth (Maggie)! I guess we will have to call you Mag to distinguish you from Maggie from CA. Anyway, it's always nice to add someone new to our little group. As you can see I am from MA and am retired! Been on this weight loss road for a while and have been on hold for about six months. DH & I have 4 children and 9 grandkids which keep us busy.

It is sort of gloomy today and very cold. Had on a spring jacket yesterday but need the winter coat today. Actually yesterday and Friday were so nice the DH and the next door neighbor put up our flagpole (again). We lost it twice this winter with high winds. It is bolted into a piece of ledge in our front lawn and has been their for 35 years. The first time the bolts were just lifted from the rock and the second time they were sheered off!!!! The plate that has been in use for all those years also rusted and DH had a new one welded to accept the pole. It took a lot of tinkering but between the two of them it is now standing and the flag is waving again. DH, being retired AF, is very patriotic and loves to fly the flag.

FAYE
                I know what you mean, men can be obtuse at times. After almost 47 yrs. you would think they would know what upsets us. Oh, well, we have such a good marriage that I really can't complain and as I tell him I really don't want to break in someone new.

JEAN Funny how the computer is what I turn to when waiting for the laundry to finish, too! At least my puter is just around the corner from the kitchen where I have my laundry....so I can keep an eye on things.

MAGGIE We definitely don't want to be April Fools! Much rather be an April Shower waiting for those May flowers.

Gloria in MA....off the fold the last of today's load of towels. Have a great week ahead Magnolias.

Last edited by nanacas; 03-28-2004 at 03:31 PM.
                nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote