Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 04:09 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #5

Good afternoon Magnolias. Well I got started on my exercise program this day. The mat came and is perfect to use on the carpet and large enough to do the WATP workout. Well, I did say I got started ~ I was able to do the warm up to the 1 mile Easy Walk session. I think I will do that for a week before I progress on to the rest of the walk. I am so very out of shape ~ but it is a start.

FAYE that Wienermobile toy sounds so cute and I am sure he will have fun with that whistle. I have no doubts that you are going to make your goal that you have set to be down by the wedding date. And very soon we will be welcoming you into Tooterville. Hope your hubby's back is doing better.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:12 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Smile Saturday in the morning

It is a bright sun shiney day here this day and I am going to make a pot of my crock pot one pot meal beans that Cowboy loves so much. In fact he went to the store and got what ingredients I needed before I got up this day. What a guy! They are really good for they have 3 kinds of meat in them and are a hearty meal. I will freeze some in serving size portions for him to have when I am on a real low point day. Life is good.

Since I don't want that exercise plastic sheet mat left in the center of the front room floor we make brackets in the hall way to stand it up on the wall. Works great.

Everyone have a nice day.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:56 PM   #3  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It has been snowing all day long and I'm beginning to think like an Eskimo! We already have a two hour late start in the morning which is good. DH is sitting in Des Moines where they are to get 9 - 12" of new snow. Our snow is fine and powdery so it doesn't look like much. If the wind comes up it will be a mess for sure. I will be able to get out if the plows don't fill in the driveway.

I was so tired last night that I went to bed before 10:00 and slept till 8:30 this morning. I can't remember the last time that happened. We had Madaline overnight Friday. She was so good and so happy but I'd forgotten how much work a can be! We are supposed to stay with Ian two weekends in March and I've already told DH he can be the entertainer! I know I will take a nap when he does!

Maggie -- Congratulations on the loss! Any loss is a great loss! It took me a while to figure out what WATP meant! DUH . . . I'm just a little slow tonight!

"Gma" -- Actually, I don't work much with the computers at school. We do electronic attendance and once in awhile I will do some typing for a teacher who doesn't know how and wants something done fast. Congrats on another 2#s that are gone forever!

Well, I see by the clock that Survivor should be starting shortly. I'm hoping the game is over and done with. I made it a point to watch the half time and thought is was bad, bad, bad!

Have a marvelous Monday!

Jean -- from snowy Iowa!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:58 AM   #4  

Maggie: I gave Thomas his "weiner" stuff and he was tooting that whistle all over the house so I am sure his mom is gonna love me for giving it to him. I also bought him 2 books and a giant floor puzzle of Scooby Doo. He wanted to open it and do it at my house before we went home. Well, his Granddad, who by the way is puzzle challenged, was going to help him. Kelly and I went upstairs so I could show her my dress. We came back down, he told me, "Nonny, why did you buy such a hard puzzle? I don't like it." His GRANDFATHER couldn't figure it out either though is was big pieces (about 45) and something his mom assured me he could easily do. I told him his mom said to buy it for him that he would like it and he said, "Don't ever listen to her, she is wrong. This is a stupid puzzle." I had given him a hug at his school when we went to pick him up and told him, "I missed you so much. I haven't seen you in three weeks." He promptly told his granddad when she brought me back home, "Granddad, mommy says I can't see you for 7 1/2 years!" I about died laughing because Kelly was stuttering and flubbering all around saying she didn't say that so I had to explain what I had said to him. He is a character that is for sure.

Jean: Spring will come sooner or later. I think we must be in the minority in this country with weather. Other than the temps going way up or down, our weather hasn't been bad. Our newest school mess is a high school prinicipal that got fired just a few days ago. He had been put on paid admin leave until they sorted everything out, but come to find out, he hid the fact his football coach had gotten a student pregnant, another teacher had a sexual harrassment lodged against them and he swept that under the table instead of following procedures, the I-cap I think they are called exams were botched because he removed monitors from the rooms so that they could fudge the results of the tests to make his school not look like it was failing. Brother! They wonder why 85% of memphis schools got a failing grade and 22 of them have until the end of the year to fix themselves or the state takes them over.

We had a little pig out day yesterday and I surely did pig out. Today it is back to normal and kick behind again!

Have a great day ladies!

Faye
Old 02-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #5  

Good Morning, Flowers!
Well, we are having another no school day again today. So we will lose Presidents' Day off; I don't know what the plan is if we have another snow day. I don't think they can take any spring break days away as that is part of the master contract and the school board can't mess with that.

I thought I could shovel my half of the driveway but it is too deep and too heavy. DH is due home tonight so he will just have to wade his way in to get the snowblower! I just hope he makes it home! I'm not a good sport at being inconvenienced by the weather . . . I can think of all kinds of places to go and I'm getting cabin fever!

"Gma" -- I'll bet Kelly wishes the whistle was at your house! It seems like all of the toys we have looked at have lights, bells, and music to entertain the kids. That principal sounds like a real gem -- makes you wonder what else he's been up to! It's too bad we can't go back to the old days where a person's word was honest and you didn't have to have background checks. New teachers are being fingerprinted in Iowa and some other states as well. I thought maybe they would be drug tested but so far that's not a requirement here at least. I can understand why some parents would want to have their children in private schools but I'm sure that things happen there too. Sad! I was planning a trip to the grocery store when the game started yesterday but the snow was so heavy decided not to. It's probably a good thing or I would have bought stuff that I sure don't need! Your pigout is over and done with, so you can forget it and move on! I thought the half time show was awful and Janet Jackson should be banned from TV forever! None of it was entertainment as far as I'm concerned; it was just noise!

I have laundry to fold so better keep moving. Have a great day today, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa where it is still snowing and the "blowing" is to start this afternoon!

Last edited by Jean; 02-02-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Smile Monday, Monday

It is raining and raining and I love it. I will definitely do inside stuff this morning and then in a bit we will take a drive to Mid Pines and I will have a sugar free fat free double cappuccino. LIFE IS GOOD. Well this was my second day with the WATP session and like I planned ~ just did the warm up session. It takes a bit to get this old body moving.

JEAN all that snow ~ think bumper crops for the farmers. We didn't watch the game ~ don't care for football ~ but did see on the news that Janet Jackson's boob was uncovered at one point of her performance. I imagine they won't have MT-V doing their half time anymore. Maybe Janet is trying to take some of the light off her brother.

FAYE Thomas will surely like that puzzle when he gives himself a chance to really give it a try. What a little character ~ never a dull moment with him around. Yep girlfriend ~ put that little ie behind you and have yourself a good day this day. The thing about little ie is that he comes and visits all of us on occasion but we kick him out and don't let him hang around very long. That is too bad about that principle. What happened to the morals in this country.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:59 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon Flowers!
It's a brrrry 5 degrees out but the sun is shining brightly and there is NO wind for a change!

After a 3 day weekend, the students were just plain brain dead today. I sort of felt the same way but at least I faked it! They acted like it was the first day of school on a new planet! I'm hoping tomorrow will be an "a-ha" day for some of them at least.

We are supposed to be getting more snow tomorrow. It's piled so high at intersections you can't see if another car is coming. In this town where there are so many driving that have never driven on ice and snow, nor have a driver's license nor insurance, that is scary!

I have WW in an hour and I'm a bit nervous; after being shut in for two days I know I ate way too much and it's been two weeks since WI. I will take my lumps and move on!

Maggie -- I emailed my opinion to the local TV station regarding the SB half time show. They asked for viewer input. I'd write to a few more if I had the addresses! I think MTV should be banned from TV period! Do you know if Leslie Sandsone has her own website? I get the "not available" message when I tried and haven't taken the time to play around with the address.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! I need to get moving or I will be standing in a long line!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Wink Titalatating Tuesday

What a beautiful day here in the Sierras. It is still raining but the sun peeks through at times. I sure hope the seeds of wild flowers do come up in the spring that we planted on our hill. My Cowboy has a touch of the flu that came upon him on Monday and I sure hope I don't catch it! He isn't real miserable but just has no energy. He is better today so it is probably the 48 hour something or outer.

JEAN I don't know if L. Sansone has a web site or not. Will bought her DVD's for me at Best Buy but you can also get them at Wal-Mart. I did my thrid session of WATP today and it is getting easier. Lo and behold it is actually getting easier. I'll do the warm up session again next week then see if I can progress on to the rest of the mile session ~ or at least part of it anyway. Those people don't have insurance is why our rates are higher to cover "non insured motorists." If you are going to live here in the USA folks at least follow the "rules." I hope no one gets seriously hurt during your no see days there.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:22 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Smile Back

JEAN You got me curious and I went in search of Sanson's web page and found this: http://www.newsandjava.com/lesliesan...ythepounds.htm You might find it interesting. Plus there are places on this web site that do sell her walking programs. She has many of them and I am including a picthre below of the set I have which you will find on that site if you scroll down the page where all the programs are listed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WATP.jpg (17.5 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Maggie; 02-03-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #10  

Thanks for the website and picture . . . . . I'm off to check them out!

Jean
Old 02-05-2004, 01:14 AM   #11  

Good Morning!
I snoozed in front of the TV tonight and now I'm wide awake! We had some serious snow showers late this afternoon and early evening. We are in a 36 hour "slow moving system" which is supposed to dump another 6 - 8" on us. The paper said we've had 21" in the past week. I don't know where they will pile the snow when they plow as it is pretty high along the streets now. I didn't get a "late start" call tonight so I suppose I should head off to bed. If it happens during the night, I'll be up and ready by the time they make the call in the morning.

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:50 AM   #12  

Sorry I have been absent, but I have done very little since Monday. I am having a lot of arthritic pain (weather related I am sure) and I basically don't feel like doing anything. I sat in a chair in a blanket and read all day yesterday. Good book, btw called Angry Housewives eating bon bons. My daughter gave it to me and said she thought I would like it. It is very very good. Boohooed through parts of it and laughed at others.

Maggie: So glad you like her videos. I haven't heard one bad thing said about them at all. A lot of the ladies I post with use them.

Jean: We are getting your snow equivalent in rain today and tomorrow. It is coming down in buckets here, can't even let Fortune outside. Good thing he is pad trained too!

I am gearing up for the shower the end of the month. I just hope the weather improves up there. I no longer have winter outer clothing to wear. My jackets are pretty much lightweight except for a wool dress coat that goes clear to my ankles and weighs about a bazillion lbs. I know they have at least a foot and a half of snow. UGH!

I bought some new pants at of all places, Target. Haven't been able to wear pants from Target ever and these are khakis and a dress rayon pair so I am pretty jazzed about that.

Well, I need to go and start getting morning chores done.

TTFN
Faye
Old 02-05-2004, 06:08 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Smile Thursday

The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day. The hills are bright green and the grazing s all have smiles on their faces. I am up a tad but not worried about it. Onward and downward I will still do my program.

JEAN it seems this winter is harder where you live than last year. I can't remember you having many snow days off from school then. Hope you don't have too many this year to make up.

FAYE sorry to hear old arthur is visiting you but you are right ~ could be the weather. I take meds for my knee and it still acts up in damp and humid weather. Isn't tha a neat feeling to be able to get glothes in Target. I was so jazzed when I was able to buy jeans in K-Mart. I was able to buy 4 pair for the price of one that I had been buying. Same brand too ~ go figure.

Have a great afternoon and evening ya'll

Last edited by Maggie; 02-05-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:42 AM   #14  

Good Evening, Flowers!
We have added another 6"+ of new snow to our current pile of snow! We didn't have a late start but we did get out at 1:30. The wind was beginning to blow pretty hard and the plows won't come out on the side streets until the snow stops so it was a little tricky getting home. My car is heavy so driving in snow is no problem but I always breathe a sigh of relief when I'm safely in the garage! We already have a two hour late start scheduled for tomorrow but I'm betting we won't have school at all. I could get used to 3 day weekends -- this will be our 3rd one in a row!

"Gma" -- I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this! It's no fun when the joints ache! Maybe the "January thaw" will happen and you won't need winter clothes for your trip up north. We can always dream! Sioux City has a new Target store; they moved it out of the mall and it stands by itself quite a driving distance away. I really miss it and don't shop there like I did when it was in the mall. I should go check out the clothes. Enjoy your new slacks!

Maggie -- Our and are not smiling around here! I feel sorry for them trying to navigate through the deep snow as well as being outside in the snow storms. The media has been giving statistics on how long it has been since we've had this many days of snow, record snow falls, days of below 0 temperatures, etc. It's been quite a few years. The last few snow days we've had have been because of the ice, not snow. If we have any more snow days, we will be going to school in June. When they made the announcement that we will be in school on Presidents' Day, the kids all booed loudly. They forget how much they enjoyed the first 3 snow days!

Well, it is time to head for bed. Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:29 AM   #15  

Morning girls!

Jean: Got your pm and e-mailed you my new address. Thanks for the info too. I know you are used to this kind of weather, but aren't you SICK of it? I mean usually people at least get some kind of lull between storms, but it seems this season has been one after another. As for Thomas playing in the snow, he has only seen snow once in his life, last year we got a sprinkling so he would probably be in heaven!

Maggie: I am so glad I can finally thumb my nose at the speciality stores. They really gouge the ole fat ladies, don't they? I mean, $35 for a t-shirt that I can pay $10 for at Target. It is ridiculous.

Ladies, I have a prayer request. One of the other ladies I post with has a best friend who's daughter got married just a few months ago, a week ago her and her dh found out she is pregnant and yesterday he dropped dead of a massive stroke at 32! Her name is Tanya and she just lost her grandmother at Christmas too. Thanks!

Have a good day and try and keep warm!

Faye
Closed Thread