Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 03:42 PM   #16  
hangin' in there...

I had a little time to get back here before the bus delivers the children.

So, I had my physical this morning. It went fine. I liked the new doc. She set me up to see a new endocrinoligist next month (I have had thyroid issues since I was 18 years old), and she booked a mammogram for me in February. I also had bloodwork done, and a PAP. Everything else looks good.

Julie, don't worry, the exercise will come when you are ready. I was like you, but now I am working out at least 5 times/week, and love it. Sorry about your money woes, but I am glad your dh is working now.

Sandy, wlecome! I am Jen, SAHM to three, ages 8, 6 and almost 3. Stick around....... this is a great group.

Karen, WTG to you, too!!! You da woman!!!

Leeann, Iam a sucker for those mashed potatos, too!!!! Just remember, all things in moderation. I am eating light today and saving poiunts for a slice of pumpkin cheesecake tonight. A coworker requested it from me, and I refuse to bake it and not eat it!!!! I will enjoy every single heavenly bite!

Well, I think that gets me caught up.... hope everyone else is well..... bye.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Welcome Sandy! I am Spryng, mother of 3 (Ava is 3, Joseph is 2 and Tanner is 3 months old) wife to a wonderful man of 5 years who just became an OTR truck driver so I am alone alot now. I see him about every two weeks. I hope you find this thread home and I hope to get to know you better!!
Jen and Karen, you big LOSERS!! What great losses this week! Motivating to us all.
Well I don't have time to get personal to everyone but I did want to check in. My internet has been down all afternoon for some reason but it's working again now. I'll chat more with everyone later!
Old 10-06-2003, 07:30 PM   #18  
I Can and I Will

Hello again everyone.... Thank you for the wonderful welcome! I would like it very much to get to know each of you better myself! I went a bit crazy today with the exercise... i did my yoga, then did some pilates(half of the tape) then worked out on my iron horse machine... did 10 reps of 15. I am already feeling it...lol hopefully i wont be too sore tomorrow... a little sore is ok... cuz its a good sore. Alot sore is not ok...lol! I am following a 1800 calorie a day diet... i usually am under but the nights are the hardest for me. I am trying NOT to eat after 7pm. Well... guess i will check back here later this evening. Thanks again for the nice welcome!!

Sandy
Old 10-06-2003, 07:37 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!
This is gonna be short, as I am squeaking a minute in from Ds who has hogged the puter.

Kare- congrats on the new van and being a big loser!!!! 4# is awesome!

Sandy- WELCOME!!!!!!!! Nice for you that you are getting some time to yourself..... (someone please tell me what that is though).
I hope you like it here. The frienship and support is great, and this is such a great bunch of ladies.

Leanne- I know that you are not on WW, but it is best to stay off the scale during the week. (oh, it is tempting, I know!) or at least do weigh ins every 3 or 4 days. The body just fluctuates too much otherwise. Enjoy that cake......and smile cause you are never going to weigh 182.2 # again, right ?! Have a great day!

Spryng- your dinner sounds yummy.......how nice that you got to see Dh too!! Don't worry- we all need a day or so off training- and any AP's that you can get are better than none. Get your rest and start again another day!

Jen- how much are the tapes at BJ's- and which ones are included? It is so sweet of you to offer......I found a web site that has them, but I might take you up on your offer. Big congrats on getting Dh on WW!!!!!! (I envy the 30 points too) But so nice for you as you can share the experience.

My eating is a bit off.......but I am getting the walks in. Got most of my kids home today (teachers conference).
Sorry to be short........lots to do today.See ya later!
Ginny
Old 10-06-2003, 07:45 PM   #20  
burned out bus driver

Sorry for being so lazy-this web site gave me a ton of trouble before leaving a post- so I actually did something brilliant and saved my post to patch back in later. So that is what I did.

Jen- so glad that you got that Dr appt in and scheduled the mammo. We do have to take care of ourselves!!!! And WW will be great for your cholesterol (should that be a problem area).

Sandy- 1800 cals and with all the excercise should be great for you, at least it is not too restrictive. Hope you are not too sore tomorrow!!!!!

Today ended up being so busy. I scheduled 2 college campus visits for Dd this weekend.......problem is that she wants to go to the same school as her Bf!!!! Bf's mom and I have discussed the issue and are on the same page- as much as we like our kids dating and they seem happy, attending a small school together is probably a disaster in the making. Gonna have to spend a lot of knee mail on this one! (prayer). I have finished up my day in points range......hopefully I can keep this up before I get to bed. Sandy- I too am a night snacker......a lot of times I make diet jello for that reason so that I have a safe snack for late in the day.
Well, I have babbled enough......see ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 10-06-2003, 09:27 PM   #21  
hangin' in there...

Ginny, I think the tapes were $27.99. The set included a 1 mile, a 2 mile, and a 3 mile tape, plus the resistance bands.

I'm off to work....... g'nite everyone.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:15 AM   #22  

Good evening all!
I need to keep this short because I HAVE to get in bed. I am so tired.
Sandy your plan sounds good. And about late night eating.. well I used to be tempted into the kitchen after dinner and what works for me is to exercise after I put the kids down at 9pm. That way I am busy and by the time I am done and had my shower I'm not hungry and just want to sleep. I hope you can fine something that works for you too.
Ginny, i think you are right about your dd and her bf. She doesn't realize how much she will change in the next 4 years and will probably out grow him or vice versa. But then again this is coming from a girl who fell in love at 16 and married him at 18 and am still madly in love with my Dh!! lol. But I hope you can find a solution that everyone is happy with.
Well, I went over my points today by 2 so I did my Firm Cardio Sculpt and earned 2 Ap's so I evened it out, lol. I still have 25 FP's to use and wanted to use some of them today but I didn't even get close. I just couldn't bring myself to put something in my mouth when I wasn't hungry. And 22 pts a day really satisfies me. Weird huh? But I made turkey burgers for dinner tonight with baked french fries (yum!) and it was really good. The kids loved it too.
Oh I have a question about that meatloaf recipe... it called for 1/4 cup of eggbeaters but I don't have any... can I use a regular egg without changing the pt value?? And does anyone know a good way to make whole shrimp?? I have some frozen that I want to eat but beside stir fried, I really don't have a clue how to make them.
Ok, I'm off to bed now. I hope everyone is having a great night and getting peaceful sleep. G'nite!
Old 10-07-2003, 01:14 AM   #23  
Domestic Engineer

Just wanted to let you know that I'm back from our trip- we drove to Utah to spend my sister's birthday with her. We drove all night Thursday and came back this afternoon so it was fast. My eating was NOT good. I feel gross and bloated, but I refuse to give in to the pity party and stay off plan until next Monday- New Years or whatever. The only way I can reverse the damage is to get back OP tomorrow!

I will check back tomorrow- I still haven't caught up on my sleep and I'm pretty tired.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:18 AM   #24  
I Can and I Will

Hello again Ladies!! As far as the late night eating... the longer i am going without eating after 7 the better... and with all the exercises i am now doing i am too tired and am usually in bed by 10 or 10:30!! So, its getting alot better....the major problem is when hubby decides to make popcorn after dinner... like 9 pm... but i have NOT had any so far... and i plan on keeping it that way! LOL If i have a craving for popcorn i will have it in the afternoon. I am a bit sore today but its a good sore!! I even went for a walk after dinnner last night!! Indian summer is here and its my favorite time of the year... i just love October!! The only sad note is that its both of my brothers birthdays and my older brother Scott passed away this August... he would be 43 on the 9th... just writing this is making me cry. Oh well.. i know time heals all but wouldnt it be nice if sometimes you could just speed it up some? Okay.. i'm off for now
take care of u

Sandy
Old 10-07-2003, 08:49 AM   #25  
hangin' in there...

Hey gang.... don't have time for a long post, as I'm going on 29 hours without sleep, and the couch is calling my name!!!! BTW, anyone wanna come pick up my two-year-old so I can get some REAL sleep???? I just hope dh doesn't want to celebrate our anniversary tonight!

Spryng, I think if you use two egg whites instead of the egg beaters, you'll be fine. I think a whole egg would increase the points, but the egg whites won't. Hope you enjoy it.

k, I'm off to crash...... talk later.....
Old 10-07-2003, 09:49 AM   #26  

Good morning all!
Jen thanks for that info on the mearloaf. I'm going shopping today so I am just going to pick up some egg beaters. Then I won't have to worry about anything changing the taste or point value. I hope you get some sleep! Is there a relative that can babysit for a few hours while you sleep? But I hope you are rested for your anniversary and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I'm keeping you in my thoughts today. And good for you to beat that late night snacking! I buy healthy choice popcorn.. it's only 2 pts for 6 cups fulls!! So if I need to snack on something I go for it. But staying out of the kitchen after 7 pm is a good idea. I was thinking about it and I pretty much so do that also. We have dinner by 5 pm and it's usually my bigeest meal of the day so after that I only hit the fridge for water. I haven't snacked at night in quite a while. Before you know it it will be a habit and you won't even think about it.
Emily, welcome back from your trip! And you have a great attitude about the bad eating you did, to just pick yourself back up and continue where you left off!! It's an attitude like that that will get you to your goal. But even if you ate really bad a few days OP and you will be back where you were before you left. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just drink some extra water to flush your system and maybe get a little more exercise in and you'll be just fine.
Well my day just started here... I am about to get all 3 kiddos ready to go run some errands so that will keep me out of the house for a little while. I hope everyone is having a good day so far and i will talk to you later!!
BTW, anyone have Misty's email address?? I'm really starting to worry about her. She is so close to her due date and hasn't checked in once in quite a while. I think I may browse past threads to find her and then pm her.
Ok, TTYL!
Old 10-07-2003, 10:30 AM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Just wanted to stop in and say hello....and get the chicken meatloaf recipe (I am going to make it now to reheat for dinner later.). Great minds think alike, Spryng!
Sandy- I was so saddened hearing about your brother. I have been thru the loss of a parent, which I am sure is not the same as loss of a sibling. Time does take the edge away from the hurt, but never removes it. I hope that you have some wonderful memories of your brother, and that those will comfort you and sustain you. My prayers go out for you....

Jen- get some well deserved rest, girl!!!!!! And a big happy anniversary.

Emily-don't be hard on yourself. This is life here, and we all have good days and bad. Regroup- drink lots and lots of water to help flush out all the salt and that yucky feeling after eating poorly.
Then do your best to do what you know works for you toward getting back OP. You'll be feeling better soon!!!!

Gotta go make a meatloaf and stir the grape juice (getting to make jelly....) See ya in a little bit!
Ginny
Old 10-07-2003, 02:11 PM   #28  
hangin' in there...

I'm back, after a little rest. Of course, now that I'm off the couch, ds has fallen asleep!!!! Ahhhhhhhh, well... at least I get to enjoy a peaceful lunch.

Ginny and Spryng, I am so excited you both are trying the meatloaf! Now, I hope you like it! If you don't, you can only blame me, since I made up the recipe. Spryng, thanks for the tip on the Healthy Choice popcorn..... is that plain, or with salt and butter flavoring? I will have to give it a try. And unfortunately, no, I don't have a realative close by to watch ds for me to nap. If I get desperate, I have a friend who I think would be willing to help out. But, it's really not as bad as I make it out to be...... he is a good boy. And thanks to you both for the anniversary wishes.... can't believe it's been 9 years!!!!

Emily, glad you had a good trip. I will just echo what the others said about the off-plan eating. Today is a new day.

Sandy, I love this time of year, too! Although, we are well past the Indian Summer stage. But, at least winter seems to be holding off and we aree enjoying some lovely fall weather. And, I am sorry, too, about your sadness surrounding the death of your brother. He was very young. My father was about the same age, 42, when he died. Hugs to you.......

Well, gang, gotta hit the shower..... this is my busy afternoon/evening, with dance classes and street hockey for the kids. Bye......
Old 10-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #29  
Domestic Engineer

Help!!!
I'm having a hard time focusing...still have my "road trip mentality" -- I feel like the PMS cravings are starting, then we have Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, I have Connor's birthday next Thursday, my DH's birthday and our anniversary and Halloween all the last week of the month. AAHHHHH. I know I just need to dig for some resolve and get it together. Why does it seem so hard sometimes?!

I know I want to be thin more than I want to be this inflated version of my real self-- sorry, guess I just needed to vent for a minute. I really do know what I have to do.

I'll need to try that meatloaf recipe this week! I think tonight I'm going to do Honey-Mustard chicken over rice. You mix 1/3 cup honey and 3 Tbsp. mustard (and 3 tbsp melted butter, but it's omitable)- pour over chicken pieces or a whole chicken (I just do breasts) and bake for 45 minutes at 350- or until chicken is done.

Well, I have tons to do. Hope you are all enjoying the day!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #30  

Good afternoon all!
Ginny that is a good idea to make it in advance! I was going to make it today but then I decided to have a treat day and I bought a DiGiornio (sp?) pizza and some TGIF mozzarella sticks and TGIF steak quesadillas to munch on for lunch. Yes I know all this is high pt stuff but I wanted to use some of my flexpoints today because I keep reading that those who use all their flexpoints lose better. So I splurged. I still have 10 pts left for today. (lunch was 32 pts!!! But I had 25 FP's to use. But now that I am so full I will probably only have a very light dinner. Like a salad or maybe a pita. We'll see. But it was all very good and worth every point! And the best part is that I am still OP! I love WW!!!!
Jen, my healthy choice popcorn is butter flavored. I don't know about the salt but I'm sure it's not too much salt if any. I'd have to look. But I love it because I can have ALOT for very little points. I have only had it once so far. My Dh is a popcorn eater and when he is home and pops in a movie he has to have some, so I bought me some too so that I don't feel left out.
Well, I think I may snag a nap since everyone is out here. I've been running all morning and now I'm tired. TTYL!
Closed Thread