Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-14-2023, 10:18 AM   #91  

Good morning again! Welcome back Nancylmrn! We missed you! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🍁😷🦃
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:16 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! Still here. Still kicking. I have been very sick with my boys and am still coughing but just did a workout to Colton Dixons Miracles and used gatorade bottles for weights...

I have not been doing very well at all. Im at 205.6.

I'm just coming off TOM.. so hopefully will go down some but I dont think my eating has been great for losing weight though...so its going to take some work...

I'm determined not to give up.

Nancy, IF fits me the best too. Im praying your knee pain goes away.

Girl, great job. Got any favorite verses yet?

Diana, what is Haitian rice???

ladyB, salmon pinwheels?? Sounds lish

Ciecie, awesome what a treat to get kitchen redone.

Last edited by jendiet; 11-14-2023 at 12:22 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 01:34 PM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Hello everyone
I wil continue to read your post...they so make me smile
Hi Nancy! What a wonderful surprise! It is so good to see you check-in. Get started by stopping in daily to tell us Hi!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 01:35 PM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Jen Our Pastor's wife is from Haiti. She makes black rice. My understanding is that it is made with mushrooms. Half the time I don't really know what I'm eating. I just eat a small amount. So far, everything has tasted really good. https://www.savorythoughts.com/haiti...iri-djon-djon/

Steps from yesterday: 7,898

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 14

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Mary took comfort from the gospels. Whenever she felt sorry for herself, she looked at the Bible. She couldn't believe all that Jesus had done and suffered. He had so much, and He emptied Himself to give to others. In the end, He received eternal glory. What a wonderful lesson. Dieting is a temporary and comparatively minor sacrifice, compared with Christs sacrifice. And yet, as Christ triumphed over His situation, so shall we triumph over ours. Christ is our example in all things. The Author and Finisher of our faith has shown us the way to victory, and we share in His joy when we triumph in our own lives.

Today's thought: What I suffer today is worth the victory tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2023, 04:17 PM   #95  

Good afternoon! Power walked to and home from lunch. Ran errands on the way home. 😁🦃😷🍁
Old 11-15-2023, 10:07 AM   #96  

[QUOTE=Diana3271;5467890]Hi Everyone!

Jen Our Pastor's wife is from Haiti. She makes black rice. My understanding is that it is made with mushrooms. Half the time I don't really know what I'm eating. I just eat a small amount. So far, everything has tasted really good. https://www.savorythoughts.com/haiti...iri-djon-djon/

Wow! I like brown rice with wild rice and that looks like ALL wild rice. I might like it though.

Dieting is a form of denying ourselves. Gluttony is a sin. I remind myself when I feel too overindulgent.

I have to work all day today and i felt really bad after the workout yesterday...extra achey and fatigue...I might just hold off on formal workout today but i have lots to do.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:54 AM   #97  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Jen The rice is soft. I think they use an aromatic rice like jasmine. The black comes from mushrooms. She makes a stew that is one of the best things I have ever tasted. She makes something called Lalo. It looks similar to spinach but not as tender and uses jute leaves. Her sister lives here and grows the jute. They put a bit of seafood in the Lalo for seasoning. I have noticed that they season their food with meat. The meat is not the main focus it's used in the dishes.

Steps from yesterday: 5,329

November 15

Luke 1:49

'For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.'

Al sat in his chair, looking around the living room at all the people he loved so much. Six months ago, he had almost died of a heart attack. Today he was forty pounds trimmer and a whole lot healthier. He had so much to be thankful for. God had been so good to him. He never realized how much life meant to him until he almost lost it. Now he found it wasn't that hard to watch his diet and his blood pressure. It was worth it. God had done great things for Al. The least he could do was take good care of himself. After all, he had a great family that he planned to enjoy into his old, old age.

Today's thought: Life is a gift from God that I have no right to abuse!
Old 11-15-2023, 11:51 AM   #98  

Back again. I switched to a different pcp yesterday. She did great listening to my concerns. She's sending me to a pulmonary doctor to find out why I'm still having shortness of breath.
will be going to the gym again this morning and to the grocery store. Made vegetable soup for dinner last night, and will have left overs for lunch.
nettnett73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 01:25 PM   #99  

Good afternoon! Nettnett, hope your new pcp works out for you. It does sound like she’s on top of things. I power walked and ran errands this morning. I dropped some donations off at the thrift shop. Will have lunch in a few minutes. 😁🦃😷🍁
Old 11-15-2023, 09:17 PM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1630 calories

Breakfast 480 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar
yogurt, protein granola bar, prunes 480 calories

Lunch 350 calories
1 protein bar 250 calories
apple 100 calories

Dinner 800 calories
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories
siggis fro-yo 100 calories

Exercise:
JS Upper Body circuit walk, JS Lower Body Circuit Walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 11-15-2023, 09:30 PM   #101  

Good evening! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🍁😷🦃
Old 11-16-2023, 08:30 AM   #102  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morniIng
Well I am getting back to my ole routine here (don't hold your breaths hehe)
WO nope not until I get checked out in December for my knee
WI nope ditched the scale June-2023 for my mental health. Using more how do my clothes fit, can I bend down without discomfort (no lol) at the tummy area....Do my pants at the waist feel tighter/looser/ about the same as the day before.

We flew back to the west coast for a 4 day visit and the old anxieties came rushing back about weight/culture in my old home area. It was more of a vibe. Being now in rural OH there are so many foods I was use to eating that just are not sold here. Yes I can drive 1-1.5 hours to a bigger cities i.e. Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati for my hard to find items that most of you would go WHAT??? example. Pearl Barley? Wheat Berry, Whole Oats, Cake/bread flour. There have been times we go to Wally's and they are out of carrots, celery..parsley etc.

So Amazon is helpful. Before coming back from the west coast I had gone shopping at my fav grocery store that sell items in bulk. I loaded up with grains I can't get in OH. LOL of course we were stopped at TSA...picture 15lbs of different grains. In bags at the bottom of a carry on duffel.

have a great day
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:39 AM   #103  

Lol Nancy, my mom is like that with supplements and oils.
I hope you get used to your new environment in a good way.
Diana, I think im going to make my official calorie goal 1600. You seem to be doing well there. Although I won't be eating the same foods. Yes I know wild rice is actually mushrooms. I like the rice/mushroom ratio in that but I dont know about the whole dish? Id love to try it and the lalo. I like greens. Thats interesting.

Nett, I hope you get to the bottom of it. Anemia causes shortness of breath and low blood volume does too.

Do donations pick up around Christmas Ciecie?

I logged every lick, bite and i seem to be eating more because of finishing my youngest foods.. he is tiny and barely eats 3/4 of a meal..

I was on the go all day yesterday and barely sat down.. cleaning, vacuuming, doing laundry, dishes, etc, carrying supplies BUT I also ate alot during my meal time

Logged 2194 calories and according to APP should have burned 2167. So a TINY bit over BUT ...woke up to 207.8 TOTAL SHOCK.😲

What in the world????? 205.2 to 207.8 in one day??? My muscle weight is higher but still I am getting tired of seeing higher weights!

Last edited by jendiet; 11-16-2023 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:26 AM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 7,100

November 16

Psalm 146:1, 8
Praise ye the Lord, Praise the Lord, O my soul. The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous.

Dick couldn't believe everyone was against him. First, his wife started making comments about his weight. Next, it was his doctor. Now, his friends at the office. He looked the same as he always did. Why was everyone picking on him all of the sudden? Maybe he had gained a little, but that was just normal spread for a middle-aged man. He'd never worried about weight before, and he sure wasn't planning to start worrying now. Sometimes we are too blind to see when we need to lose weight. Pride gets in the way, and we aren't honest with ourselves. Ask God to help keep ego out of the way, and He will open your eyes to see what needs to be done.

Today's thought: When it comes to weight, I won't kid myself!
Old 11-16-2023, 11:08 AM   #105  

Good morning! Jendiet, the donations vary from week to week. I had breakfast and did 2 miles Leslie Sansone this morning. I’m waiting for Home Depot to get here. They called last week and said they’ll be here between 11:00 and 3:00 to deliver things for the upcoming kitchen remodel. 😁🦃😷🍁