Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 07:25 AM   #31  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Momwannabe Praying for your Mom. Try to incorporate some extra movement into your regular routine. Maybe do marching in place for a minute, something like that.

ErinKeegan2 Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Steps from yesterday: 4,835

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 4

Proverbs 16:20
He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.

Ben couldn't believe all the people he was talking with. They all wanted to lose weight overnight! None of them seemed to be looking at any practical programs. They had all latched onto crash diets with pills and books and foolish promises of miraculous results. Ben sat down and worked out a practical diet that he could live with, so that once he lost weight (and he realized it would take some time), he could stick with the diet and avoid putting the weight back on. When he said his prayers that night, he put in a special request for some common sense for his friends.

Today's thought: Trust is a must for weight to abate!
Old 05-04-2022, 07:51 AM   #32  

Good morning again! Oops! Welcome Erinkeegan! Just did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. Will have breakfast in a few minutes. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #33  

Default MAY 2022

Good Morning!

Welcome Erin Keegan and Chiqui! Hope that you have lots of success here...

I did the efflexor and swam 50 laps yesterday. I also did a lot of steps. Diet was okay, but I did make/eat 2 servings of cherry crumble that I made in a cup in a microwave. I almost stopped for a frappe yesterday, but I did not because I had not eaten dinner.

I am back under last month's half-goal. It means that I have more than 3 weeks to achieve my next half-goal.

I have seedlings outside. I need to watch the weather so they don't get flooded by rain...
Old 05-04-2022, 10:24 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 202/202/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, wherever you all are!
Yesterday didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I had two dinners and seriously overate. I was up too late and waaaay tired this morning.
Still: I did go for a walk this morning.
I packed a lighter lunch. I may need a soda to help me wake up, but I'll keep it within my calorie goal (1700 today) and within my Intermittent fasting time frame. I also will take another walk before going to bed tonight.

Those of you keeping your goals: thanks for the inspiration.
Those of you struggling like me: We can do it - just take the next small step in the direction we want to go!
Old 05-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #35  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Hello!
Welcome all the new posters, can't wait to read more about you and watch your journey
WI down a bit today----story coming
WO - day 3 Iron series, glutes. Tomorrow day 4 Iron series, full body (suppose to do this Friday but I am moving it up a day)

So those of you who have been around awhile know I like to paint, usually acrylic on 12x12's or 14x14 canvas in a Mandala style. In March I did this 30 day FB painting challenge of still life. It was ****. Fast forward. I learned a lot and I am not good at it at all! So what do I do, I am tackling a portrait of my newest granddaughter LOL.....But that is not the story.

Story- I am watching tik-tok. Darn I get sucked in. I follow several people, mostly comic stuff. So this one gal went a bit off her script and was showing her Diamond Painting. So I had to google it. Wow it is really similar to mandala's in the fact it is small round dots together to form a picture. So wow this is like paint by numbers with plastic faceted domes! So I had to try it. I bought a kit (of course I can't do small I have to get a 16x20) of New York Skyline at night. So it has taken a bit to get it organized and figure out how to remove the plastic to uncover the sticky part to put the plastic domes down, then not have your arm stick to the exposed area.
So what does this have to do with weight loss? Well I was so absorbed in this last night I just put my headphones on to listen to my hulu shows and worked on this project. I did not snack! I sipped some flavored water but not eating....Result, a loss on the scale this morning. Was this why? dunno, could it have been my workout and walk yesterday, dunno. combo? dunno.

I will take it. So now I am going to restrict myself to only be able to work on this in the evening, the danger zone times I have complained about for what???? Years on here? LOL So I guess for me just finding a distraction from food in the evening is a plus plus plus. I only hope this lasts for a few weeks.

Oh my soon to be 13 yr old granddaughter may fly out to visit us for a week this summer.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:30 PM   #36  

Good afternoon! Great day at the thrift shop! Power walked there. Power walked and ran errands on the way home. Had lunch. Will go for another power walk in a few minutes. Will run errands. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-04-2022, 10:08 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Today I was out most of the day. My calories were higher than normal. I was able to get a short workout in. I went to play today. One of our church family home schools and I went to the daughter's play today. It was fun.

Calories approx 2000
Workout: JS Total Body timesavr

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 05-04-2022, 10:53 PM   #38  

Good night all! Did 2 more miles Leslie Sansone this evening. Went for a power walk and ran errands before supper tonight.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:45 AM   #39  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,540

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 5

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Denny looked at the enormous jigsaw puzzle with a gleam in his eye. 'This is my puzzle, and I'm going to do it all by myself. Nobody else can touch it!' Denny worked at the puzzle long and hard, but grew frustrated as he couldn't get the pieces to work. Finally, in despair, Denny ran to his father and asked him to come make some of the pieces fit. We cannot afford to enter into our diets with the attitude that we don't need help. Like Denny, we will find that we just can't do it by ourselves. Praise God that He is there for us when we come seeking His help!

Today's thought: I don't have to face my diet by myself.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:17 PM   #40  

Good morning: accountability check in:
I went for multiple walks yesterday.
I missed my calorie goal by 300 cals, but lower than I usually eat, so still kind of a win!

For today:
I've already been for a walk and did chair exercises at work (sedentary role). I am aiming at 1700 calories again today.

Additional goal: interact with others on this thread to martial the power of community for accountability!
Old 05-05-2022, 12:21 PM   #41  

I've definitely had my best success when I've approached a diet with a buddy. I've done both Whole 30 and Keto and didn't find them sustainable once the initial 30 days (or whatever) was over. I had too many emotional connections to foods.

Does anyone have any insights on how to break up the emotional connection to food?
Old 05-05-2022, 07:33 PM   #42  
Stay Committed & Believe

S/C/G: 152/152/122

Height: 5’8”

Default My Activity For Thursday/5May

Hi, I am happy to have found this thread and would like to join it, so I am jumping right in here. I look forward to helping each other reach our lifestyle goals.

Breakfast: cup of nutty cereal
Lunch: lettuce and pesto cheese sandwich
Snack: multigrain chips, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and mixed fruit drink
Water-6 cups

Exercises:
15 minutes stretching
45 minutes elliptical
3 miles walking

Good Points: walked a bit quicker today.

Bad Points: Need to eat more vegetables and drink more water.

Maybe I will go for a bike ride tomorrow as long as it doesn’t rain on me.

I am also an emotional eater at times. I haven’t discovered a good way to break that habit yet.

Last edited by SinaRose; 05-05-2022 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #43  

Good evening! Welcome SinaRose! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. Power walked and ran errands before I punched in. Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:58 PM   #44  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good evening to everyone
Welcome all the new posters! so gald to see you
WI down some today, this working on things in the evening keeping my hands free. I like it. It is keeping me from nibbling my way to bed each night from 6-10 pm
WO I was sore from yesterday and today was suppose to be 'active/rest' day. So I drove to the gym and did 30 min on the treadmill since it is pouring rain today.

Took my DH his lunch this am then got my hair cut, met DH for late lunch/dinner then I took a nap (mistake) slept 2 hard hours. I am going to be wide awake tonight LOL

chicks I will be back hahaha
Old 05-05-2022, 11:07 PM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

I need to start getting to bed earlier.

Nancy Great job figuring out a solution to the snacking!

Total Approx 1360 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (250 Calories)
protein bar 250 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
taco salad 700 calories (too much sodium)
watermelon 100 calories

Exercise:
2 hours swimming and paddling around, 50 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Closed Thread