Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/221/160

Cool ** Britt's Daily Accountability & Random Jots **

Hi everybody! My name is Brittainy and although I'm new to this forum I'm very familiar with weightloss and dieting.

10 years ago I was introduced to Curves for women and religiously, I began attending 3x (MWF) a week. I absolutely LOVED it. My starting and heaviest weight was 220.5 and 7 months later I dropped down to 140. I found myself at my most comfortable weight here; a size 8 jean, slim but still had a little meat on my bones. I was content! -- Now, aside from Curves, how did I manage to reach my goal so quickly? Low carb, cardio on my non-Curves days (mostly Leslie Sansone) and drinking half my body weight in oz. of water. Sunday was and still remains as my rest day.

I married my husband in late November 2013, and became way WAY too comfortable. I'm back up to 214 and SO ready to get back to where I once was, or at the very least, content with myself again! Some things have changed with the way I'm going to be approaching my weightloss this time around, but I know if I stay positive and look to the things that motivate me most I can get this done.

I'm really excited to have a new place to post the ups and downs of the journey ahead. Thanks for having me!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

January Accountability!

Workout Calendar
Week 1:
Week 2:

Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:

= Weight Training (resistance band, weights, etc)
= WATP w/ Leslie Sansone and/or other Cardio
= Other heavy/brisk activity that helped me reach my daily goals
= Rest day!

Water Calendar
Week 1:

Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:

= Drank all my water for the day
= Didn't

Eating Plan Calendar
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:

= Stuck to calories!
= Didn't completely, but could've made better choices
= You did what?!

Vitamin/Thyroid Medicine Calendar
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:

= Remembered
= Forgot, d'oh!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 01-09-2022 at 03:51 PM.
spnfullasgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #2  

So now that I've introduced myself, a little more on what's been happening these last several weeks...

I revamped my journey on the 2nd of this month (I MUST start on a Monday, I'm a little OCD sometimes!). Instead of doing (only, yet still mostly tracking) low carb, I've decided to take a step back and look at everything: carbohydrates, calories, fat and most importantly sugar.

I'm not going to Curves anymore because I have more than enough fitness equipment here at home to work with.
I figure why spend the extra bucks, ya know? So here's what my workout regimen looks like:

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays - Early morning HIIT workout involving 20 minutes of my home gym and an assortment of weight resistance exercises + 10 mins. on the treadmill at the highest incline @ 2.5 (I have short legs, I can't go too fast!) and then another 30 min. HIIT (afternoon) workout that usually consists of Leslie Sansone (Love her!!!)

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays - Early morning and afternoon cardio workouts featuring the awesome Leslie Sansone.

Sunday - Rest!

I've been trying to get in 107 oz. of water throughout the day, and so far so good! Although I'm getting so sick of plain old water, maybe I'll incorporate some Crystal light in my second month? We'll see!
I'll be keeping a food journal here so that I can look back on the end of my day and see what needs to be changed if anything.

Soooo... Here we go!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-04-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #3  

Breakfast - A baked apple (small, green) w/ a packet of 100 calorie maple and brown sugar oatmeal, cinnamon and nutmeg - 18 carbs

**note - I do NOT count apples as long as they're small and green.

Baked Apple How-to:

Take 1 small, green apple and cut off the top.
Scoop out the seeds (discard) and then scoop out the rest until you have about 1/4" around the edges (save this!).
Make sure not to cut through the bottom.
Set on a foil-covered pan and pre-heat your oven to 350. Set aside.

Chop the scooped apple until fine and mix in oats (I use a Better Oats 100 calorie packet of oatmeal),
cinnamon, a bit of nutmeg and a teensy bit of melted coconut oil.

Stuff the yumminess inside your apple and bake for 30-35 mins. It's amazing!!

Snack - A Laughing Cow Cheese Dipper pack - 8

Lunch - PB and sugar-free J on Sara Lee Multi-grain bread - 24

Dinner - A wrap (I use a Flatout Flatbread) w/ homemade Pork Carnitas, fresh tomato, avocado, cilantro and a sprinkle of medium cheddar + Roasted baby carrots - 20

Carbohydrates - 70
Vitamins/Thyroid Medicine - Yes!
Water intake (in oz.) - 107 oz.
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and 30 min. Leslie Sansone HIIT DVD

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-05-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #4  

Breakfast - A packet of Better Oats Cinnamon Roll 100 Calorie Oatmeal w/ Flaxseed + 1 tsp PB and Cinnamon - 19 carbs

Dinner - A grilled chicken romaine salad w/ fresh cucumber, tomato, a small sprinkle of cheese and light Ranch - 5

Carbohydrates - 56
Exercise - 60 mins.cardio w/ Leslie Sansone

Old 01-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #5  

Breakfast - A packet of Better Oats Cinnamon Roll 100 Calorie Oatmeal w/ Flaxseed + diced small, green apple and chopped almonds - 22 carbs

Dinner - A big romaine salad w/ fresh cucumber, 2beer brats, a sprinkle of cheese, and light ranch dressing - 12

Carbohydrates - 66
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and 30 min. Leslie Sansone HIIT DVD

Old 01-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #6  

Default Rewarding Healthy Behavior!

Guess what I just did! ..Lol, not sure if anyone even looks at this thing.

Thank you, your order has been placed.

An email confirmation has been sent to you.

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-04-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

I look! And I follow your journey Keep posting, and good luck with your walking party
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
I look! And I follow your journey Keep posting, and good luck with your walking party
Thanks, Ronja and to my journal..thingy.
I definitely will continue to post, it really helps to look back on what I did throughout the day and decide if anything needs tweaking.
Right now everything's a little repetitive, but tomorrow is grocery day and I have a few new ideas!

Glad ya stepped in!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-04-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #9  

Breakfast - A packet of Better Oats Cinnamon Roll 100 Calorie Oatmeal w/ Flaxseed + Cinnamon and chopped almonds - 19 carbs

Snack - A small, green apple, diced and softened int he microwave w/ a couple tsp. of sugar-free maple syrup - 2

Dinner -A large romaine salad w/ spicy chicken, fresh cucumber, homemade multi-grain croutons and light ranch dressing - 12

Crouton How-to (embarrassingly easy):

I LOVE Sara Lee's Delightful Healthy Multi-Grain bread. It's high in fiber, lowlowlow in sugar and only 45 calories per slice.
When I'm wanting a little extra oomph in my salad I will take a slice of the bread, cut it into small cubes, toss them with a teensy bit of grapeseed oil (you could really use any kind of healthy oil you have on hand, I'm sure), sprinkle with a very small amount of salt, garlic powder and dried parsley flakes. I toss it all together and bake them in the oven at 450 for about 8 minutes until there's a little bit of crunch to them. Like I said, embarrassingly simple, but way better for you than your average bagged croutons you can get at the grocery store.

Carbohydrates - 65
Exercise - 60 mins. cardio w/ Leslie Sansone

By the way, Leslie Sansone has a 15 minute mile on YouTube
here that I do on many of my cardio days. It's a piece of one of her new workouts and it's SO much fun. I usually double it up twice a day and do 4 miles for my cardio sessions.

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-04-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #10  

Default My first day here, hi Brittney

Walk aerobics is my very favorite. It seems when all else fails I can always try that 1 mile again.
Good luck in your quest, I hope to loose 40+ lbs and try getting my exercise on a daily.
selene797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #11  

I figured it would be a good idea to track my measurements somewhere, so why not here? Here goes!

Starting weight/measurements (1/2/2017) --
Weight - 214.6
Arms - 14"
Bust - 44"
Waist -39.5"
Abdomen - 45"
Hips - 49"
Thighs - 30.5"

I cannot wait to see these numbers plummet!!!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-04-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by selene797 View Post
Walk aerobics is my very favorite. It seems when all else fails I can always try that 1 mile again.
Good luck in your quest, I hope to loose 40+ lbs and try getting my exercise on a daily.
Hi, Selene! Thanks for stopping in. I really enjoy the walking workouts also. I've been using her DVDs for so long and swear by them completely. Good luck to you as well, you can do it!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-04-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #13  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gang!

I saw your posts about Leslie Sansone and I have to say that I am intrigued! I have horrible knees right now and I'm wondering if her workouts would be a good place to start. What do you guys think?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #14  

So as I mentioned before, tomorrow is grocery day! I'm kind of excited because I'm running out of all of my staples and my meals have become extremely repetitive. I'm ready for some new stuff!
I just finished making up my weekly grocery list and this is what I came up with:

Breakfast --
Healthy Egg McMuffins
* Thomas Light Multi-Grain English Muffins
* Jennie-O Breakfast Turkey Sausage (or canadian bacon, whichever is on sale)
* Swiss cheese
* 1 Egg

I think I'll make them, wrap them in foil and freeze them for my mornings.

Snacks --
Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes
Peanut Butter (I'm a fiend for this stuff!)
Small, green apples or small oranges, kinda growing tired of apples but they're so good for you!

Lunch --
Grilled chicken wraps
* Flatout's Light Italian Herb flatbread
* Light dressing
* Grilled chicken breast
* Romaine
* Fresh cucumber

Dinner --
Stuffed bellpeppers w/ Spanish rice (for the hubby) and mock spanish rice (cauliflower) for me
Turkey meatloaf w/ Homemade mashed potatoes (for the hubby) and a small side salad for myself

Turkey Meatloaf How-to -
This meatloaf is flippin' awesome. I dice onion, green pepper, make homemade bread crumbs from my multi-grain bread, add dried minced onion, salt, LOTS of fresh, cracked black pepper and an egg as a binder. Mix together and shape on an oiled (olive oil) foil-covered pan and cook at 375 for 40 minutes. It's really good alongside sugar-free ketchup.

Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs (Thank you Pinterest!!!) w/ Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes (for the hubby, of course)
Smoked Paprika Chicken (Thank you again, Pinterest!!!) w/ Green beans
Tacos w/ fresh cilantro, tomato, red onion and cheddar
Black bean and beef Burritos

Also thinking about picking up some Crystal Light. Need to change up my water just a tad. I always make sure to get a flavor that has 0 sodium, calories, etc.

Anyways, goodnight y'all!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-04-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Hi Gang!

I saw your posts about Leslie Sansone and I have to say that I am intrigued! I have horrible knees right now and I'm wondering if her workouts would be a good place to start. What do you guys think?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Hi, Vixsin! Actually, I believe some of her earlier stuff is a lot more tame. I've been hooked on the recent DVDs she's been releasing which includes a lot of HIIT activity and higher intensity stuff. I'd do some research on Amazon to see what would best fit your needs. Good to meet ya!