Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:28 AM   #16  
hangin' in there...

GEESH!!! I feel like I've been away for a month!!! Sorry I was MIA...... worked all weekend....

Welcome to the newbies, Makaau, Deb, and Leanne! I am Jen, 31yo mother of 3.... Eryn is 8yo, T.J. is 6yo, and Tyler will be 3 in November. I am a SAHM, but do work part-time, nights, as a student nurse, and attend nursing school, going for my RN. Stick around. this is a great place.

Ginny, Hope you got that walk in this morning. They say we will be getting that brisk, fall weather in this week, also. I love it! I am pulling out the sweaters and fleece! And maybe now I can get some much-needed yardwork done since I don't have the heat to contend with. Oh, and to answer a few questions that I didn't get to last week....... yes, my 3-mile WATP tape uses the weights. It came in a 3-pack that I bought, but it is probably the same one you have. And, no, my cats don't sit on the computer, but do occasionally crawl into my lap while I'm trying to type. Now, my dogs.... they always come up and lie on the bed while I'm at the computer (which is in the BR), and they know that as soon as the "AOL Guy" says "Goodbye!" it means Mom is done and they jump right off the bed and run downstairs! It cracks me up!

Spryng, first, CONGRATS on that awesome loss!!! You almost have me convinced to join WW myself. Actually, I think my plan is not far off the WW plan, and maybe it would be a little easier for me to count the points. I am thinking about it. I'm so glad you got an extra visit in with dh... sounds like you had a great time. How scary about those noises at night! Glad dd was there to comfort you. Oh, and the CEC we frequent has no ball pitt... I share your opinion. Hope you got that deep freezer cleaned out.... what a mess! And as for Slimfast snack bars, can I just say.... PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!

Mel, good for you for getting back on track with WW. I didn't realize you had lost so much before your pregnancy. I'm sure you'll be back down before long. I'm glad Myra is better, and sounds lilke you had a nice outting at the lake.

Emily, I'm with you..... I really feel, lately, that an "off" day is not worth it.... it really just makes me feel like garbage. However, an "off" hour can work wonders! Good luck with your WI.

Well, I am hanging in there. My eating for the weekend was pretty good. And, my exercising has been great... I worked out 5 out of 7 days last week...... that is great, as far as I'm concerned! I finally got the WATP for Abs tapes yesterday. Ginny, if you have not tried them, you should! I skipped the 1-mile and went right to the 2-mile this morn. It is very intense!!! Much more intense than the 2-mile one with the weights. The pace is much quicker, and she gets you right into it after a very quick warm-up. And, a few new moves, too. These tapes use a resistance band that goes around your waist. I've never had a flat tummy, and after 3 c-sections, well, you can just imagine the work I need! I think these tapes will really help. My muscles had a slight "quiver" after this 30 minute work out, so you know it was good.

And, for my big news......... WI this morning revealed I am down 2lbs. I am happy. I have almost 4 weeks to reach my anniversary goal...... I think if I really buckle-down with my eating, and keep up the exercise, I will get very close.

Well, I have TONS to do today. Gotta hit the grocery store, and I want to take advantage of this beautiful weather and get some yardwork in. Hope everyone is well........ talk soon......
Old 09-29-2003, 10:32 AM   #17  
hangin' in there...

Spryng, you snuck in on me! Glad you are loving your Firm workouts!
Old 09-29-2003, 11:06 AM   #18  
Domestic Engineer

Just a quickie to report on my WI- down 0.8!! I consider that *great* considering the week. Now to try for a big loss this week!! I also have to report that I did NOT get up early to work out Ian was even up at 5:15...but I fell asleep nursing him back to sleep. The day is still young though and I will get a WATP video in!!!

BBL~
Old 09-29-2003, 11:43 AM   #19  
hangin' in there...

Just reporting that I have hopped on the bandwagon and joined WW online.......... off to the grocery store.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Jen, that is great news!!! Do you need a food points slider or calculator? I know where you can print off a slider if you are interested. Email me and let me know and I'll send you the site ( [email protected] ) But I am so happy for you!! And to think I might have had some little effect on you to help you go for it makes my heart swell!! I can't wait to be counting points with you. And I think you will really enjoy the new Flexpoint program. It's so adaptable to our lifestyles. I personally use all my flexpoints in a day (at least so far) and am still losing fine. But if you have any questions or anything you know that all of us here will help you out! And congrats on getting that 2#s off! You are doing great already.
Emily, congrats to you also for your loss this week! I think that .8 is great too. It's almost a lb gone and that is something!
Well I was just popping on here to see how everyone is doing and it seems everyone is haveing a great OP day so far! I'm doing well too.
Well, guess I'll talk to you later!
Old 09-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #21  
hangin' in there...

Spryng, thanks for the tip on the points slider....... I sent you an email.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:52 PM   #22  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Boy, I am gone for a weekend an look at all the new people!

Welcome everyone!!

I am Karen, SAHM of 2 DS age 7 and DD age 5. I am 36 and TODAY is my 13th Anniversary!! DH and I celebrated this weekend since he couldnt get today off! I am on Atkins at my doctor's request. I am insulin Resistant and since Diabetes runs in my family, this has been the best thing for me!

I dont have time to get to personal now, but I had to report:

WI today gals! I am down another 2 pounds and since this is my 8 week mark, I got to measure again! 7.5 more inches gone forever! SO my totals for 2 months are 14 pounds and 17 inches goe! WOO HOO! Talk about Woo HOO!

Ok.. I am off for now.. Gotta do homework with DD Yep even kindergarteners get homework at our school! Talk to you all later!
Old 09-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #23  

Karen! That is so great! 14 lbs and 17 inches gone! Did you finally break down and buy some new jeans? You deserve it! I wouldn't buy many though because at this rate you will be needing the next size down in just a couple of weeks!!! I'm so proud of you! And happy anniversary! Glad you are DH got to celebrate together. So, has anyone commented on your weight loss? I'm sure it's becoming evident to all. You'll have to take some before and after pictures to share with us when you hit your goal.
Well I am a little frustrated. I know what that noise was the other night for sure now.. a cat was stuck under our house! I saw it last week and thought it came out... well when DH was home and mowed the lawn he covered the hole up that the cat could get under there in. I never told him that a cat was living under our house. He left last wednesday so that poor cat has been under there for almost a week!! Today I heard the most pitiful crying and went out there and moved the covering from the hole and sure enough... there the cat is. But I'm frustrated because I can't get the cat to come out. It's very skittish and starving I'm assumming. So I warmed up some hamburger meat and have it laying out there and it still won't come out! I need it out so I can cover that hole back up so the kids won't climb under there. Ugh... cats. I'm not a big fan.
I'm also getting ready to take Tanner to get his first shots. I'm not looking forward to that either. And I also am moving him out of his bassinet today. He is getting so big that his feet touch one end of the bassinet and his head the other so it's time to put him in the play pen I have set up in my room for him. I hope he likes it. I'm sure he will. He likes to stretch out and he'll be able to do that in there better. But not having him right next to my bed will be a little weird for me. But I can still see him through the mesh of the playpen too so it's not that big of a deal.
Well, I've blabbed enough, lol. TTYL!
Old 09-29-2003, 04:52 PM   #24  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Spryng - I happened to catch you just now.. About the cat.. Call your local SPCA or animal control. They would be able to either help you get the cat out or at least give you some tips on how to get it out! I hope you get that taken care of!

Shots! I remember well! I am sure it will be fine! Just remember to give him either Tylenol or Ibuprofin before you go! IT helps!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:07 PM   #25  
Domestic Engineer

Karen!!!! You are doing awesome!!! Whoo-hoo! I agree- go buy some new jeans, girl! And Happy Anniversary! Our is the 26th- don't you love this time of year? It is so beautiful.

Spryng- Poor little kitty! Hope it find it's way out- I'm sure it will in time. If not I agree w/ Karen to call your SPCA...

Well, I am happy to report that I did the 2-mile WATP video! It was great and I felt like I really worked out. If I have time later I would like to go on another outside this evening. The reason I may not have time is that I'm buying 25 lbs of pears (only .59/lb!) and if they are ripe I'm going to can them tonight.

Better get dinner on for the family! ttfn
Old 09-30-2003, 07:56 AM   #26  
Made my Goal weight!

Angry DOing well??

Wow,

Sounds like every one is doing pretty well here...I am wokring my BUTT off, literally to lose the weight i put on while I was pregnant.
I am actually doing a program that I did after I had my first son. Basically, it involves low calories, low carbs....I have modified it slightly to allow me to eat more, but initally it is REALLY strict and SO hard. But, I am totally motivated.

Congrats to you all for doing so well this week......

Leanne
Old 09-30-2003, 09:25 AM   #27  
hangin' in there...

good morning...........

I have not had any snooze-time yet, so I am very tired, but I have a question for all the WW girls. I need to get your opinions on if I'm tracking my points correctly. My target points per day is 22. I am figuring that those 22 points are good for a 24 hour period. Remember that I work overnites, so there are several times during the week that I actually eat 24hours around the clock, and don't get that "down time" from eating while most people sleep. I worked last night, so here's what I did.......

By 10pm last night, I had eaten 13.5 points. I had not had dinner yet, since I eat late, at work. So, I had 8.5 points left for the day. Before midnight, I ate a 4 point Smart Ones meal, and a 3 point "snack" (hot cocoa). So, that left me with a surplus of 1.5 points for the day.

Once it turned midnight, I figured I should start right back at 22 points, which would be good until tonight at midnight. (I don't work tonight). After midnight, I had some apple crisp that I brought for my co-workers (4pts), then oatmeal for breakfast at about 5:30am (3pts), and a 2.5 point snack once I got home. So, that leaves me with 12.5 points for the rest of the day. It doesn't sound like much, but I truly won't eat much the rest of the day. This is sort of my "down time" for eating, since I will rest until after noontime. I know I will probably just have a 4 point Smart Ones dinner tonight since it will be a busy evening, so that gives me 8.5 points to play with during the afternoon. I doubt I will use them all, and I will try to get a light work-out in also, probably just good for 1 point.

So, does this sound right? It really sounds like I am eating constantly, but I think I am staying within points range. Opinions, please.

off to the couch...... be back later.........
Old 09-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #28  

Jen that does sound right. If you start your points at midnight and end at midnight it will be just fine. Just remember that you want to get as close to your target points as possible. It was hard for me at first but now I end the day every day at 22 pts. I've been reading the message boards over there at WW.com and it seems most are losing the best by hitting their target points every day and eating some flexpoints. So I'm trying to do the same and so far it's working. But I think you will have it down it no time. Alot of people have a hard time eating all their points but it seems to change after a couple of weeks and then they eat it all plus FP! So you'll adapt!
Leanne, what program are you on? Sounds resrtictive but I hope it works for you. Are you working out?
Well I need to get off here and get my day going. BTW, I ended my day yesterday on target and got in my workout. I did lower body again and boy was it hard! But so far today I'm not sore so maybe I did all the stretches right TTYL!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:55 AM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Well, I left a nice long post last night.......and then I had some ISP problems and it got lost!!!!!!! So here I am again, with a very busy day ahead of me. One of the schools has an early closure today, so I am on the road in 30 minutes. Did get up early and get that all important walk in though. Ah, cool weather.....felt great!!

Jen- congrats on joining WW!!!!! Spryng and I love it......for that matter Melissa too. I agree with what Spryng told you about the points.......but also to remind that you are getting points for the week- that is the way the new journal works. You do not have to eat perfectly balanced each day, as long as your weekly totals are good you are fine. And what was mentioned in my meeting last week echoed the above, most members are using their flex points......and those who are not are not losing any faster, no matter what the WW literature says! Use the flex points and enjoy them! And remember, you will lose weight at your own pace. You're off to a great start!!!!

Spryng-good for you staying OP. And getting those workouts in.
Guess you are not babysitting anymore, right? Kind of nice having just your own kids (even though the extra cash was nice I'm sure). I used to do some sitting and found that to be the truth.

Leanne- glad that you are so motivated!!!! It's got to show up on the scale!

Emily- you can also??? (I'll be up to my eyeballs in grape jelly and applesauce soon!). WTG getting the workouts in. I think I'm going to have to get another tape for the winter.
Gotta go back to work! See ya later!! (sorry if I missed anyone)
Ginny
Old 09-30-2003, 11:02 AM   #30  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
Wow. I don't get on here for a couple days, and the thread is already long, and there are new people! Welcome Deb,Leanne adn Maaku. I am Ricci, mom of 2 boys, 5 and 3. I have lost 40 lbs in the last two yrs, but need to lose about 30 more. I am just doing portion control, and exercising. You all will definately find the support you need here.
It is cold and rainy here today. Its only suppossed to be 55 all day. Today I got up at 6:30 and did my aerobics, and when dh gets home I will go walk at the track for an hour or so. I am procrastinating today. I need to go work on my jewelery for a craft fair this weekend, but am so tired of it I am putting it off.
Last night before we went to sleep, dh was brushing his teeth and heard water dripping. He thought I was doing something in my bathroom, but he listened more, and it was coming from our water heater closet. He opened the door and water was dripping quite heavily from the from a part of the water heater that was near the ceiling. We thought something was wrong with the water heater pipes, and said we will call the maintence guy in the morning. Well, as was closing the door, water started dripping from the crack between the ceiling and the door frame. Then I looked up and water was coming out of the exhaust fan. Come to find out our upstairs neighbor's toilet had backed up and overflowed and was now leaking into our hallway bathroom. It was a mess, and totally gross after we found out it was toilet water. Well the maintenece guy came and fixed the problem , and now its back to normal. Luckily we didn't have any water damage, and it stayed in the bathroom. Well, that was my excitement for the week. Sounds like everyone is doing well and staying OP. I will try to pop back in here later.
Ricci
Closed Thread