Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #151  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps for yesterday: 7,388

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 15

Zechariah 4:6
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, 'This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit,' saith the Lord of hosts.'

Curtis liked to think he could do everything on his own. He often told friends that he didn't need anybody else; he was fine all by himself. On those rare occasions when Curt was feeling down and in need of a friend's support, he usually found himself alone. Everyone figured he really didn't need anyone else, and so he was lonely. No matter how strong or powerful or talented we might be, we all need the support of friends. Our greatest friend is, of course, Jesus Christ. We need never feel alone when we have the Spirit of the Lord with us. Accept the helping hand of the Lord, and find out what real strength is all about.

Today's thought: Let me lose not only weight, but also false pride!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:27 AM   #152  

Default October 2021

Good Morning!

Rachel: Those adult trikes look kind of fun. Have you tried biking your dad's?//There's all this stuff you have to do to keep yourself healthy as you age...It's some effort to get a habit going...

CieCie: I am amazed how many different tv shows have been done about murder... I am reading another book by the author who wrote "News of the World".

Well, it's "boot" camp for me...or should I say "bootie" camp. Diet is just okay I had a cookie and some special popcorn. ...I think I need to consume more salad... I have no ice cream in the house...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #153  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!
WI same I just seem to be stuck but now I am not feeling ok about it, it has been almost 3 weeks hovering around the same weight. Maybe my body is adjusting? dunno
WO nothing today or yesterday.
Tuesday my Dr. prescribed a new medication and I took it starting Wednesday morning. Driving home from the gym I got super dizzy, almost to the point of scary. The Dr. had told me of some of the side effects but this was not one that he mentioned so I need to go to the web site. Since this medication I have to build up from 10mg 2x per day to 30mg 2x per day. So I am going to hold off on the gym until I can determine if this dizziness is drug related or dehydrated, or something else. I feel like this is the never ending saga of at the world turns.

Teri I just finished reading "News of the World" I liked the story but thought he could have done more at the last of the book when it was more with 'family' you know get to know those people too.
Rachel I am so glad you dad is doing so much better, as well as your own progress. You and your dad have your own club now. LOL

Oh the art 'class' was a hoot really. The gals were talking about getting together in a few weeks. I will see what happens. This time they can do the planing and I will just show up for support.

ok back later enjoy your day!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:26 PM   #154  

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands before I punched in at work. Went to Ollie’s Bargain Outlet. NICE STORE! Was honored for my 20 years at Old Navy. There were treats on the break table. I got many lovely gifts. Will power walk and run errands on my way to supper tonight. 😁🍀😷❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:43 PM   #155  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

My calories were too high today. They add up so quickly.

Calories: Approx 2000
Workout: Jessica Smith Tread & Shred w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-15-2021, 11:29 PM   #156  

Good night all! Power walked to and home from supper tonight. Ran errands both ways. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 10-16-2021, 07:54 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Ciecie, Congrats on your 20 years at work!!. That's really great!!

Teri, yeah my Dad is an inspiration. He's 87, has a bad knee and arthritis in his joints, yet is still diligent and consistent with exercise. Not to mention still recovering from pelvic fracture. I truly admire him and wish I'd inherited some of that physical and mental toughness. My brothers are like him too. I'm more like my Mom, which is a good thing, but I am missing the drive to be really physically active, like Dad and my brothers. I have a 58 year old brother who has the physique of a 25 year old. The other brother(53) is pretty close to that too. Alas, I keep trying........

I took in 1460 calories yesterday. Met the rest of my goals. Did some cleaning at church so that felt good. Walked a bit at the track.

Today's Plan: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies if I get them cut up today, vit/min/cal supp., walk at track.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:58 AM   #158  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀
Old 10-16-2021, 08:00 AM   #159  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am up a smidge on the scale but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Last night I hadn't planned on eating out for dinner but that's what happened. It was also difficult because I didn't have my salad dressing, so I made a choice that I would enjoy as well as try to keep the calories under control the best I could. Sometimes when I am in these situations and I know I am going to have a gain, my mind goes in overdrive and I decide to eat extra because I know I will see a gain anyways. These are not productive thoughts and something I need to get away from because they are sabotaging me. So I am happy to say that I didn't do that last night and I am comfortable with doing the best I could. It's all a process for me. I am still working through all this mental stuff that goes along with trying to do things in moderation like "normal" people do.

Steps for yesterday: 10,586

October 16

John 19:11
Jesus answered, 'Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.'

How much easier our lives would be if we could quit fighting the fact that all power comes from God. We want control of our own lives, and we like to think we can stand on our own two feet. The reality of the matter is that we have received everything we have from the Lord. He has given us our abilities and talents, He has given us our resources, and He gives us our opportunities. The truly strong person is she who understands that God is the source of all power. If we want the power to diet, it can come to us only through the Lord God Almighty, who loves His children and offers them everything they need.

Today's thought: God is greater than my desire to eat!
Old 10-16-2021, 08:08 AM   #160  

Diana! Love today’s devotional! 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 10-16-2021, 09:55 PM   #161  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciecie View Post
Diana! Love today’s devotional! 😁🍀😷❤️
Me too!
Old 10-16-2021, 10:02 PM   #162  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Ciecie Congrats on the 20 years!

Nancy That sounds so fun. You may have made friends for life.

Total Approx 1470 calories +

Breakfast ( 320 calories & )
2 Siggi's yogurtS 220 calories
banana 100 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (550 Calories)
Grilled chicken sandwich w/honey mustard 350 calories
later pumpkin seeds 200 calories

Dinner ( 600 Calories)
soup made with canned chicken noodle soup & extra veggies 250 calories
pumpkin seeds 200 calories
vanilla yogurt & blueberries 150 calories

Exercise:
30 minute outdoor walk and JS 15 minute standing abs add on

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-16-2021, 11:40 PM   #163  

Good night all! Went for three power walks today. My sister and brother-in-law had to have one of their dogs, Rudy, to sleep.😭🙏💔
Old 10-17-2021, 04:05 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Ciecie,, that's so sad about Rudy . Always so hard.....

Diana, you did a great job at your eating-out meal in staying with moderation. That's a victory! I, too, especially liked yesterday's devotional.

I got into the M&M's so took in 1690 calories yesterday. If I want to lose my 10 extra pounds, I need to get more serious. Having trouble getting motivated. Playing scrabble this afternoon with cousin and mother-in-law. Will plan for diet-wise.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, vit/min/cal supp.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:40 AM   #165  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Ciecie I'm sorry to hear about Rudy. I remember you talking about him.

Rachel Have fun with the scrabble.

Steps for yesterday: 12,203

October 17

Ephesians 4:15-16
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Peak efficiency: That is what God intended for the human body. The human body is an intricate, delicate, but powerful machine; finely crafted, and capable of amazing feats. The only way the body can work properly, the way God intended, is when we take good care of it. It should not be burdened with excessive weight, nor should it be abused by improper diet. If we will endeavor to take good care of our bodies, we will experience the joy of living the way God intended for us all.

Today's thought: I am a marvelous creation of God, worth taking care of!