Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2020, 09:20 PM   #181  

good night all! sorry i didn't get on any sooner. had MAJOR PROBLEMS downloading my email. it was on my service provider's end, though. had a busy day. got everything i needed to do done. watching the perry mason stars before they were stars marathon on fetv.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:14 PM   #182  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report. I didn't do my grocery shopping yesterday so I had that to do today plus other stuff. It also rained today. I alternated Advil and Tylenol today and felt a bit better. I hope that helps with the inflammation. Being in bed is the worse! I am hoping to get some sleep tonight. I haven't been able to take Advil in years due to stomach issues. I did some comfort eating today. My justification was that I needed to have food on my stomach to take the Advil. So far my stomach has been OK but I still shouldn't have done the comfort eating. Not counting calories nor weighing in the morning. I am going to take a couple days off of weighing due to how the medication reacts on me. Hopefully I can get back into a regular workout routine again soon.

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:05 PM   #183  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzgrl22 View Post
Hi I am new here but not new to the journey. My story is in the intro.

I restarted at the end of October and am down 43+ pounds today. Onederland is less than 11 pounds away.

So happy to find a board that still has traffic -- all my old haunts are ghost towns these days.
Hi and welcome to the check-in! You are off to a great start!
Old 06-15-2020, 05:55 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

gzgirl

Usc4valpo, how frustrating on the painting deal. You put in so much work. As my husband always says "Life doesn't go in a straight line."

Diana, hope that inflammation goes down and that you feel better quickly.

Yesterday I had good workout with treadmill wearing ankle weights plus lifting weights in general. Feel a bit sore today.Took in 1370 calories.

Today's goals: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #185  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

My pain levels are much improved and I slept through the night, a huge praise for that! Of course the pain is still there. I am going to try to take less Advil/Tylenol today. My face and hands are really swollen though.

Last night: Nothing
This morning: Oxycise

Unknown calories/No weigh in

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy, and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 15

Romans 5:1-2
. . .Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Some days we just need to stop and congratulate ourselves on how far we've come. Perhaps there aren't a lot of outward signs of our diet yet. Perhaps we aren't even close to where we hope to be. Perhaps we still have a long way to go. That's okay. Sometimes we need to rejoice in the progress we've made in order to have the energy to keep on going. The Lord created in six days, and on the seventh He rested. In every endeavor, especially the difficult ones, we need a break to sit back and enjoy what we've done so far. Even if the beginnings are humble, we can feel good that we are devoted to doing something good for ourselves.

Today's thought: I'm better than I was yesterday, and I can't wait until tomorrow!
Old 06-15-2020, 09:14 AM   #186  

good morning! diana, that's great that the pain is easing up and that you were able to sleep through the night. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. have half of the load of laundry i did yesterday in the dryer and the other half on the line drying. took the trash to the curb.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #187  

Default JUNE bug 2020

GOOD MORNING!

Welcome Gzgrl: Sounds like you are on the right track!

Diana, Nancy: Hope you both recover completely soon! Back pain is no fun. Wish I knew some solutions...

Uscvalpro: I am impressed that you are getting really big projects done. I garden a lot. I wish I had someone to do the landscaping and put in raised beds...I am overwhelmed by the weeding and growing plants from seeds...

CieCie: HBO is producing a new Perry Mason series. ...I wonder if it will be an "R" version...Some of their shows are over the top...

I did really little cardio the past 2 days. And I ate too much ice cream, etc. But, I collected flower seed pods...I hope there are some seeds. And I dug up some iris. I donated some to a local park. When I was there this am, I did a 20 minute walk. The weather is still really nice. I need to work on some more iris today... There are a couple of days before it gets really hot (again).
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #188  

good morning again! had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Good Monday morning, just came back from a power walk. I keep a moderate activity level for 2 weeks now and my weight seems to be steady.
I might need to increase my activity level to push past the plateau. I am still experimenting with my body, LOL.

Rachel1234..you go girl!! you sure had a nice full body workout. do you feel sore today? haha

ciecie..congrats on a productive day. do you post here via your phone or computer?

Princessroja..good job staying on track. Ditto, what a lovely weekend in the northeast US! any plan to the beach?

Diana3271..be well soon. In case you didn't know, exercise can also act as an anti-inflammatory. see link below. I have neck and hip bone spurs, I feel so much better after each workout.

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/pages/2017-01-12-exercise-can-act-as-anti-inflammatory.aspx#:~:text=One%20moderate%20exercis e%20session%20has,suppress%20inflammation%20in%20t he%20body&text=It's%20well%20known%20that%20regula r,the%20risk%20of%20certain%20diseases.

gzgrl22..Welcome and wow, 43+ pounds, that's a big deal!! you are not alone in the journey. what do you do to stay active?

Teri000..what a good idea, baking meatloaf while walking! out of the major chains, who do you think, makes the best soft-serve desserts?

Usc4valpo..today is a new day! what healthy snack do you like?

nancylmrn..we like you no matter what, doesn't matter if it's a good day or bad day. just keep moving forward, you are the "rocker" do you paint on big rock or small ones?

Pixel..congrats on 2lb! any news about reopening in your area?

Barbie40s..Welcome and congrats on the new baby btw, boy or girl?

mernathemenace..good job staying on track. Is the summer hot in your part of Canada?

Last edited by yangtzer; 06-15-2020 at 11:06 AM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:26 AM   #190  

good morning again! yangtzer, i post via my desktop pc. my cell phone is just a feature/flip phone. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:27 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Hello all! I read this tip recently that if you take a phone call, take a walk at the same time for some easy activity. I implemented it last week and it really is a very nice and easy way to get some more activity in! Not to mention Vitamin D...

Yesterday:
Breakfast: toast w/ butter and jam, milk
Lunch: veggie burger, apple, chocolate (?)
Snack: cereal (too much cereal)
Dinner: veggie quesadilla, lime sherbet
Exercise: 90ish minute bike ride. My husband and I explored some bike paths nearby in an area that's called "the flats..." let me tell you, that is a lie It was NOT flat and there were some truly impressive hills!

Today:
Breakfast: toast w/ butter and jam, milk
Lunch: veggie burger, apple + cheddar, bark thins
Exercise: 50+ minutes walk
Planned snack: cauliflower pretzels + mango hummus
Planned dinner: veggie pasta, cheese, and something else but I haven't decided what yet... turns out a store near my house sells half gallons of freshly squeezed orange juice for only $5, so that's definitely on the menu too

usc4palvo, ugh I feel your pain on the paint too dark... that's happened to me too and it's just so frustrating
Diana, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and that you slept, but I hope that pain goes away entirely asap!
yangtzer, I find when I'm craving carbs I'm 50/50 either needing emotional comfort or not eating enough in general/really hungry. I read awhile back that the reason why you crave carbs when you're hungry is because the body recognizes it needs fuel fast, and quick carbs are the fastest way to get that fuel. It sounds silly, but I used to get so annoyed with myself for craving carbs when I got hungry, and that was a major revelation for me. Hopefully you get what you need! And no immediate plans for the beach but I do live walking distance to a rather nice one so I'm sure I'll be down there a lot this summer!
gzgrl22, welcome! Congrats on the 43 pounds down
nancy, I love seeing those painted rocks when I'm out and about! Hope the sciatica eases up soon...
hi to teri, ciecie, rachel, pixel, barbie40s, mernathemenace!
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:56 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Princessroja..the craving carbs thing makes a lot of sense. I am 100% needing emotional comfort tho, LoL. that's why I'm here. I learn more about myself everyday.
taking a phone call while walking is a great way. have you tried window shopping or audio booking while walking? you can get a lot of things done.

How to Get Things Done While You Walk
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:52 PM   #193  

good evening all! it was a nice day here. got everything i needed to do today done.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:06 PM   #194  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1420 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (270 Calories)
1 Siggi yogurt 110 calories
Fage Total plain 0% 90 calories
Cherries berries fruit 70 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
earlier 2 bags skinny pop popcorn 200 calories
roasted chicken breast 300 calories
boiled yellow squash 150 calories
skinny cow ice cream sandwich 100 calories

Exercise:
1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 06-16-2020, 07:32 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Yangtzer the Gangster, Thank you!!! Yes, I was sore; I took yesterday off from exercising

Today's goals:
1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill probably with ankle weights or walk.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote