Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-13-2020, 07:01 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Sending you good vibes this Saturday morning!
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:00 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Usc4valpo, I would love to see a Laura Ingalls Wilder cookbook!! How cool!

Princess, What a relief to have found your glasses!

I am doing more caregiving for my parents now. I found myself yesterday eating some junk food while there. I CANNOT get into a habit of that or I will find myself back at my starting weight real quick . I've developed some new healthy habits and want to keep them. I'm not saying I can't or won't eat junk food, but I need to count the calories so I won't overdue and gain my weight back.

Today's goals: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill or walk.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Hi Rachel - try to avoid junk food as it is addictive and forces you to want more. I will eat potato chips once in a while, but I totally gave up Cheetos which are just plain bad for you. Yesterday I went oyster cracker and tater tot crazy but today is new.
Usc4valpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #169  

Default JUNE bug 2020

GOOD MORNING!

usc4valpro: That pie sounds very good! A family member told me they had a recipe for healthy crust...I wonder what is in it?

Nancy: Your cheese sticks sound good too!

PrincessRoja: I feel for you, losing stuff...I am always looking for my keys before I leave the house. I try to remember to place them near my purse. When I am gardening, I sometimes lose my keys, or sometimes I throw out my tools with the weeds! Plants really camouflage my stuff...

Rachel: I have a cat bite across the lens of my glasses. Looks like two fangs scraped it...

I did not bike yesterday (again), but I got up and walked this am. It was so cool and so nice that I should have worn a jacket...My diet is still off. This time it was a frappe. BUT I think MacDonalds has sundaes again! I got up and made a meatloaf this am and baked it while I went for a walk.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #170  

good morning! had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. have two loads of laundry that i did late yesterday on the line drying today.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #171  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1270 calories +

Breakfast (270 Calories + )
1 Siggi yogurt 110 calories
Fage Total plain 0% 90 calories
Cherries berries fruit 70 calories

Lunch (200 Calories)
chicken noodle soup w/added carrots, celery 200 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
side salad 150 calories
seared chicken breast 300 calories
cream spinach mixed with angel hair pasta 250 calories
Skinny cow ice cream sandwich 100 calories

Exercise:
40 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Thanks to everyone for all for the kind words! I'm happy to report that today was a lovely, drama-free day, which was such a relief! I did a bunch of deep cleaning today so that felt nice, and I walked around a cute little area nearby with my mom, so lots of low-key activity even if no "workout" as such.

Breakfast: yogurt w/ jam and muesli
Lunch: 4(?) pieces of general tso's chicken, some saffron rice, sweet potato fries, fruit, ice cream
Snack: a cup of milk
Dinner: mac and cheese, greek yogurt
I'm going to have a little bit more since I've just finished dinner, but I'm not sure what yet.

It was gorgeous day here in the northeast US; was anyone else able to get out in the sunshine and cool air? Or was the weather not so nice where you are?
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:10 PM   #173  

Went 600 cal over today but did 14K steps and will get my act together tomorrow. No worries. I felt like enjoying a few beers today. Weather was very nice today in Des Moines. Tomorrow I paint my daughters bathroom ice blue.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:23 PM   #174  

good night all! power walked to and home from mass tonight! came home and had supper. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:10 AM   #175  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Not enough sleep again due to the back pain. I showed a bump up on the scale this morning. It's not from eating or sodium, it's from either the pain meds or muscle relaxer. I haven't been to the restroom in 2 days either. I feel for people who have to take stronger pain meds. I have heard of similar experiences but even worse.

Last night: Nothing
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1270 +
Weigh In: 184.8
Up: 1.4 pounds

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 14

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

In battle, the helmet is one of the most important protections. Head wounds can be fatal, and so the helmet must be strong. No soldier would think of entering the fray without proper head protection. Thessalonians says that our Christian helmet is the hope of salvation. Christ gives us that helmet. Through the hope we have in Christ, we are protected and prepared to meet the challenges of our lives. Dieting is just one of those challenges, and without hope of success and completion, we are ill-equipped to meet that challenge. The greater our hope, the better our chance to lose weight.

Today's thought: Lord, give me a helmet which covers my mouth, too!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:29 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

My Sunday plan: I’ll sleep until I’m hungry and then eat until I’m sleepy

No change in weight this couple of weeks. I have been craving carbohydrates lately. Don't know why.

Last edited by yangtzer; 06-14-2020 at 07:37 AM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:20 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Yangtzer Gangster, that's quite the Sunday plan . I hope you do get refreshed on this day. Thinking of you.

Usc4valpo, may your painting project go smoothly!

Teri, now that's a first!! Cat tooth scrapes on your glasses . How to explain that one to your optometrist??

My past week's calorie average was 1260 so I'm very okay with that.

Today's goals:
1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill &/or lift weights.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 253.6/191.8/169

Height: 5'7"

Default hi

Hi I am new here but not new to the journey. My story is in the intro.

I restarted at the end of October and am down 43+ pounds today. Onederland is less than 11 pounds away.

Rachel1234, Saw your post on caregiving --- I was out of the obese range for the first time in my entire life when I had to become a 24/7 caregiver for my folks. It was disastrous. Just make sure you do keep yourself a priority too. I didn't and regained 30 pounds in the blink of an eye, then depression followed and with it more weight. It is hard in your situation but you seem on top of things so I am pulling for you!

So happy to find a board that still has traffic -- all my old haunts are ghost towns these days.
gzgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #179  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all!
Sorry I skipped a day, just not feeling nice to myself this past week and my weight and eating have shown. Did not weight in again today or yesterday since I saw flashes of a 3-4lb gain. Once I rein things in again and start liking myself I will be better with daily weigh in's....

Yesterday and today we managed to hike for about a hour. Today we met two groups of fellow 'rockers' and traded some with the first bunch but by the time I met up with the second group all my rocks had been hidden. I did tell them there were lost of rocks out there but I did not take any with me. Now I need to get started painting again since my 'bag' is empty.

gzgr122 can't wait to get to know you more
Diana I am so sorry you have having trouble sleeping again. I had to get up at 6am this morning because my sciatica was in so much pain and I could not get comfortable. I totally get it
Usc I love the thought of a blue bathroom how pretty
Rachel, you are doing wonderful, and as it has been repeated here before...when caring for our loving parents it is important to put yourself first. If you go down they go down......

to everyone....I am going to go practice self love and have a beer
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:18 PM   #180  

Well, I painted today and the ice blue paint was a shade too dark. So my wife and daughters are going to try it again and find a lighter shade of blue. I am frustrated since it was a lot of work.

Today I stayed right around my target.
Breakfast: multigrain Cheerios, milk, coffee, Chobani blackberry yogurt, ham slice - 401 cal
Lunch: turkey sandwich, snap peas with hummus - 437 cal
Dinner: 2 slices papa Murphy’s thin crust pepperoni pizza, 1 slice chicken mediterranean pizza, 2 ipa beers - 1127
Total 1965 cal

Note: I paintEd and cleaned up all day and have walked 18k steps and painted 2 coats and cleaned the master bathroom. 4250 calls burn so far today. I am tired and ready for bed.