Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #166  

good afternoon! power walked to and home from lunch today. will power walk to and home from my meeting tonight.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #167  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
So after introducing some different food groups in, I have NO CLUE what causes my stomach problems. It seems to be random or after a large unhealthy meal.
I'm still going to stay away from processed foods, gluten, and most nightshades.

Anyway. I am up 1 lb; I only actually lost weight when I was barely eating. So discouraging. I think I need to really up my protein; my carb intake isn't much of a problem, for once

Today's food!
Breakfast: half of an AIP Banana mug cake (Mashed banana, coconut flour, coconut oil, cinnamon, baking soda), and a coconut milk latte (Sweetened with SF latte syrup)
Lunch: Pork loin, sautéed cabbage
Dinner: Grilled honey salmon, with peas and carrots
Snack: Strawberries

Plan for the gym: Run 1-2 miles, arms and back.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #168  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

EmilyLarnder I'm sorry you are dealing with the stomach issues. Do you recall all the craziness I went through? I went through it for probably 12 years. I have figured some stuff out but I still have some issues and I'm just accepting those issues right now. I hope you can get to the bottom of it all. I know it's frustrating.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #169  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 01-15-2020, 12:39 AM   #170  

good morning! power walked to my meeting last night. got a ride home. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:32 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Took in 1895 calories yesterday. I was weighed at doctor's appt. yesterday. Hate that!! Weight always measures higher there, it seems. Aaargh!!

Today's goals: Treadmill, veggies, fiber, calcium, 1200 calories, 2 liters water.

Last edited by Rachel1234; 01-15-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:09 AM   #172  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 194.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 15

2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou has done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

My grandfather always said to me, 'You plant your field, you have to harvest it.' We made ourselves overweight, and we either have to live with it or work to change it. It is foolishness to overindulge, but that doesn't stop us from doing it. Anyone who is overweight knows well that we have to pay for our foolishness. True wisdom comes from God. When we decide that enough is enough, that it is time to lose weight, we can know God will help us, especially through the toughest times. All we need do is ask. God is looking for ways to help us, but He always waits until His help is invited. Don't hesitate. Call upon the Lord, and He will hear you.

Today's thought: If we turn from our foolishness, God will bless us!
Old 01-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #173  

Default January 2020

GOOD MORNING!

Rachel: So glad you were able to save your dog and you are alive! I have two stories for you...When I was in college, I went ice skating by myself on a creek. I kept near the shore. The ice cracked and I fell through. I was so surprised to be up to my waist in water. Fortunately, I was able to grab a tree branch and pull my self out. It was a very, very cold walk in my sock feet back to the dorm... Last night I read this story on line about these men who rescued a Siberian deer from an iced over lake? They tied a rope to the antler and pulled the deer out and dragged it to shore. It was so out of it, they build a fire to warm it. When that did not work, they put it on a sled (with a blanket on it) and dragged the sled behind the car to town...They put the deer in a garage and fed it lard and vodka...and when the deer felt better...sent it on its way.../

15.2 pound weight loss...So I have met my goal for this month. Wt. lifted last night and biked this am. Diet okay except for big frosted butter cookie, peanut butter protein bar and meatloaf (1/2 piece). I need to eat more veggies and drink more water. I really need to work on some other goals today...

Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #174  
Trying to live below 200

Teri Great job!

Rachel Scary stuff. Praise the Lord, you are both OK.

Ciecie How is the kitchen project going?
Old 01-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #175  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI up again today....162.4 sheesh this body I just don't know......
WO I skipped the gym today, I was listening to the forecast and decided to go into work/drive a little later in the am....that whole black ice thing kinda gets me lol

Rachel, I think the dr's office scales are deliberately trying to mess with our heads
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #176  

good morning! diana, right now the kitchen project is at a stand still. think they are waiting until i leave for my vacation next month so they can really get to work on it. got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk in a few minutes.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #177  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. Hope all is well.
My fiance is now on first shift with his new job, so we don't see much of each other. BUT, besides missing him, I'm enjoying my mornings solo . I get more done, and I don't want to stay in bed and cuddle all morning. Today I got myself up at 930 and ran some errands, got groceries.. I hate it when I forget groceries Oh well, maybe I'll go tomorrow morning.
My abdominal ultrasound is tomorrow morning. Maybe they will actually see something out of the ordinary.

Last night at the gym, I ran a mile ... My goal was 12 minutes, and I did 12:04. Hahah! Almost there!
Then I lifted for arms and back.

Diana - yes, I remember! What did you figure out ?

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 01-15-2020 at 03:28 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:04 PM   #178  

good evening! got home from my final power walk a few minutes ago. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:08 PM   #179  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyLarnder View Post

Diana - yes, I remember! What did you figure out ?
I had/have several issues. One issue is beeswax in lip balm was messing with my mouth/lips. I found a lip balm that does not have it and my mouth is 95% clear. I still have something wonky but it's not worth it to stress anymore over it. I used to have weird swellings. I eliminated turmeric. I used to put it in my daily omelet. I also eliminated cinnamon. I used that on my toast. I used therapeutic doses of both of these. I still have foods that might contain these two but don't worry about it. I'm not sure if the biggest problem was from the beeswax, turmeric or cinnamon. I don't have as much of the weird facial swelling like I used to have. I also don't have as many hives. But again, I still have all of this but not near to the degree. Again, 95% under control and not worth worrying about the other 5%. I also had extreme stomach pain. Pain so bad that I have went to the ER and had 2 CT scans. No problems found. I read the findings and the only thing both mentioned was constipation. I never felt that I was constipation but it was there. I started working on that and eliminated foods to see if they caused excess gas. I never had issues with passing gas but I guess it was trapped in the constipation. Anyways the nurse at the Gastro office mentioned that having that fecal matter in me causes gas itself. So I eliminated broccoli and apples and then put them back in. It cleared up with eliminating them and then came back as I added them back in. So the final take away with that was that I eliminated those foods, added in a stool softener and Citrucel. I suffered with that pain for 12 years only to find out that I was actually full of crap. I spoke with my Endocrinologist last week about that whole situation. She said that she always recommends that protocol (stool softener/Citrucel) to all of her thyroid patients. She didn't recommend it to me because of my original angioedema diagnosis, which I have since been cleared of. She said that a lot of thyroid patients are chronically constipated

ETA: The benefit of the Citrucel is that it does not ferment. Fiber that ferments causes gas.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-15-2020 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Wow! Diana, you have been through a lot!

Rachel- glad you are safe and your dog.

Teri- congrats on the loss. Your story was amazing. Glad you too ended up ok.

Emily- hope you get things figured out with your stomach.

I ate 1301 cal yesterday and did CRX.
Was absolutely miserable though.
I think the quick cal restriction made me hangry.

Today I failed and ate bread- a lot of it .
But my mood is better .

That was this morning.
Hoping to do ok for the rest of the day.

Not sure I will hang in.
Courage!!!
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote