3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   June 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317529-june-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 06-13-2019 10:51 AM

Nancylmrn Unfortunately, I don't know the source of the salmon. Normally, if something is wild caught, they are proud of this fact and mention it and it's reflected in the price. I am aware that farm raised/Atlantic is an inferior product. In this case, I needed something different than chicken. :rofl:

Is anyone familiar of a comparison of farm raised/Atlantic salmon vs. regular chicken, which is probably inferior, also. I have often wondered about this.

We went out to dinner one time and they had grilled basa (I think that's what it was called). I ordered it and ate it. It tasted like catfish. Something really bothered me about it. I got online to do some research and got the lowdown on basa. Never ordered it again. I don't order tilapia and I avoid farm raised shrimp, too.

Keep in mind, everyone is different. What works for one may not work for another. It's all good. Keep doing what works for you.

grannynancy 06-13-2019 11:21 AM

Good Late Morning 136.4 but that was before an epic visit from Ms PF who did not come yesterday. BP 125/81 my sodium is a little too high relative to my potassium.
Yesterday was about 20K steps though it did not burn that many calories. Today - no walking yet due to work stuff. grrr. Well maybe some breaks later today. Yesterday wound up at 1582 in / 1792 out. Today is planned for 1297 calories.

Our fathers' day plans got sidelined. DH is going to be a "dad" over the weekend and visit DD2 who is trying to finalize her thesis and is struggling. DD1 and her family is in NY with his exended family. DH is going to keep DD2 on track, keep her house clean etc. I will be "batching it" and doing yardwork. Actually, this could be a win win with a little silence and time to myself. ordering the fridge tonight.

Jendiet - control issues a constant struggle for me. Out of sight = out of mind to some extent. Same with brushing teeth after eating etc. sets the scene for compliance that and water when I get cravings.

Nancy - I would so go sleevless if I did not look like I would take off in a strong wind. I would do scratch and dent but could not find what I wanted and I am also doing the extended warranty for sure. These days. Never used to. The Lowes one also gives half off consumables (water and air fiters) and should actually pay for itself in savings.

Diana - todays' reading is relevant to this group!

Zallie - hope you get through the day ok. I can see where oatmeal can be a trigger due to the carbs. Maybe something else that wont trigger you? Meat, cheese, beans?

Teri - I completely agree with you. I have heard it won't be too long before we will need an app to talk to our appliances through wifi. When I went to buy an oven I could NOT find one without a computer panel but could for my washer and drier that have simple dials. Yay. The thermostat on my house is wifi but I disconnected that feature as I hear it is a good entry for hackers into your network. Yikes. Will be thinking of you this weekend with my yardwork plans.

Diana3271 06-13-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannynancy (Post 5390695)

Diana - todays' reading is relevant to this group!

I completely agree and it made me smile when I read it.

Zallie 06-13-2019 03:01 PM

Hi

Well, went to the orthopedist on my elbow and he show d me the inch long bone spur that has built up over the years from all the activity that is causing the trouble. He can remove it surgically. It will be about a 3 month recovery. Likely also the pt I have gotten had not targetted the right area. I am going to try some more of that first.

As for sleeveless, I do it, as my arms even though old and floppier, are OK. My legs are what I choose to hide!

nancylmrn 06-13-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 5390692)
Nancylmrn Unfortunately, I don't know the source of the salmon. Normally, if something is wild caught, they are proud of this fact and mention it and it's reflected in the price. I am aware that farm raised/Atlantic is an inferior product. In this case, I needed something different than chicken. :rofl:

Is anyone familiar of a comparison of farm raised/Atlantic salmon vs. regular chicken, which is probably inferior, also. I have often wondered about this.

We went out to dinner one time and they had grilled basa (I think that's what it was called). I ordered it and ate it. It tasted like catfish. Something really bothered me about it. I got online to do some research and got the lowdown on basa. Never ordered it again. I don't order tilapia and I avoid farm raised shrimp, too.

Keep in mind, everyone is different. What works for one may not work for another. It's all good. Keep doing what works for you.

Like you being very near an ocean, I do keep my eye open when seafood is at the butchers counter and I always look for the sign that says if the seafood was farm raised or wild caught. I find the farm raised seafood the texture is a bit off putting for me, but if you are adding it to salads or soups that will not bother me since the pieces are really too small to have a whole mouthful at once. I know some are sensitive to the red dye they use in the salmon to make the meat pink. I have been fortunate to snag some wild caught gulf shrimp lately, so I have stocked up...it is a bit pricey at $10.00 a pound with the shell on but for me it is worth it. As a matter of fact that is on my dinner menu tonight....garlic shrimp dipped in coctail sauce.

ciecie 06-13-2019 04:17 PM

good afternoon! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work today. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 06-13-2019 09:43 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1615 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken w/BHF's ranch 700 calories
yasso frozen yogurt pop 100 calories

Exercise:
Kelly Coffey Meyer's Lean Body Circuits, Hi-Lo, Upper Body & Lower Body w/8's

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 06-13-2019 09:47 PM

good evening again! went for a brief power walk after supper and ran an errand. remembered something that I forgot to get earlier. :D

Diana3271 06-14-2019 07:24 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some stretches from Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1615 + :coffee:
Weigh in Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 14

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

In battle, the helmet is one of the most important protections. Head wounds can be fatal, and so the helmet must be strong. No soldier would think of entering the fray without proper head protection. Thessalonians says that our Christian helmet is the hope of salvation. Christ gives us that helmet. Through the hope we have in Christ, we are protected and prepared to meet the challenges of our lives. Dieting is just one of those challenges, and without hope of success and completion, we are ill-equipped to meet that challenge. The greater our hope, the better our chance to lose weight.

Today's thought: Lord, give me a helmet which covers my mouth, too!

jendiet 06-14-2019 08:35 AM

Diana, yes LORD cover my mouth with a helmet!!

Granny, when do you pick it up? How do you get 20k steps and not burn much calories? I didn't know basa was farm raised. I like basa better than tilapia.

Ciecie. I go to the store and come back with 20 bags. I was wondering if you drove?

zallie, everytime I pray for my toe to heal, I will pray for your elbow and particularly the spur to shrink down to nothing...I wonder if you can stimulate osteoclasts to the area? They break down bone...also mk7 is said to help calcium go where it is needed and not build up erroneously.

Rachel, how are you doing?

Terri, gardening is a lot of work. I work this weekend otherwise I would want to take advantage of these cooler temp and garden.

1717 calories and my stomach/intestines were a mess from that popcorn....I finally had a massive pf vis it and got rid of the pain.

went to bed with my toe hurting alot woke up with it not as bad...thankful for prayers.

8962 steps yesterday and I felt every one

grannynancy 06-14-2019 08:58 AM

Good Morning 135.6, BP 124/81 yesterday was 1730 in and 1487 out. I only walked 6000 steps. Once again did not follow my plan and MUST do better today. Today is set for 1200 calories. My ONE goal for today is NOT to mess up. Today I am already at 9199 and the weather looks sweet.

Ordered the fridge last night and picked up a few more plants for this weekend (smalll Dusty Millers, want to try them in a few places) I also picked up a light leaved lavender but got home and looked at the soild requirements so will probably water it and return it. I had wanted to plant between blueberries but it likes basic soil and blueberries like acid soil, very acid soil so no go. Need to get most of my work done in the am both days - will warm up quickly. During the heat of the day I am going to look at blackberry propagation we have one very nice bush and we want babies. Right now the blueberries are in full swing. Planning on putting in some small cherry trees this fall.

Well the skin removal probably won't happen in August. Because of the small incisional hernia from my hysterectomy he wants me to talk with a hernia doctor first and that appointment can't happen until July 23rd--if needed the two of them will have to coordiate surgery. Right now the plastic surgeon is booked out 3 months in advance and we can't get the schedule lined up until that meeting with the hernia guy. I gather insurance would pay for hernia repair and maybe they can make things work to my favor - probably not given my super high deductible..so now it may be fall which kind of stinks because I like getting out and about to enjoy the leaves then. I don't want to do anything too close to a holiday just because of staffing issues and because if something bad happens (which I know is remote) I sure don't want that memory on my family associated with that.

Tomorrow 40 bales of pine straw awaits me and planting and finishing that darned hill (weeding the azaleas I HAVE to take a picture of azalea hill next spring. I bought them all over time end of season when discounted. They are the cheap ones but they still look lovely.

Jendiet - well no matter how fast I seem to walk I am not getting my heartrate up. We need to get that basement cleaned up and get an elliptical since I cannot run. I seem to burn about 100 calories a mile and average about 1800 steps a mile - My average walking heartrate is under 90, it is hilly, but I cannot walk any faster. Basa? That is the other Nancy. Glad the PF cleaned you out. Popcorn can be harsh.

Diana - I like that one. A helmet that covers my mouth would help in more ways than one!

Zallie - Ow on the elbow. So are you going to try new therapy to avoid surgery or just have it removed and resign yourself to some recovery time?

Rachel1234 06-14-2019 09:34 AM

Good morning

Took in 2050 calories yesterday. I was just plain HUNGRY! As Zallie says, "let's us on keeping on" :D

Today's goals:
1200 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.

JulesMarion 06-14-2019 11:50 AM

I had a post going but it disappeared. Oh well. Things are going well, I am feeling better. About this point is when I get off track. Seems like every week or so it’s one thing or another that drags me off. Noticing it and preparing mentally for it helps - I can see Father’s Day being a point of struggle so I will prepare for that. Large groups of people (even family) that are gathered over food tend to make me snack. My assumption is because I tend to be introverted, I eat to soothe my nerves and to distract from small talk.

I signed my kids up for homeschool this upcoming year (kindergarten). Big step, but we are excited. Alaska is a non-regulated homeschool state so the burden of proof for education lies on the parents. Between my husband and I, I am not concerned about how our kids will fare but it is a big responsibility (as is parenting itself, so...).

I’m about to hop onto the treadmill. I have yard work and outside playtime, maybe biking and walking with the munchkins planned. My husband is out to dinner with a friend this evening so I will allow myself popcorn this evening, but will make sure to budget for it in my calories. I waver between hyper-legalistic and no rules at all/bingeing - so here’s a stab at some balance. :)

nancylmrn 06-14-2019 01:37 PM

Good morning/afternoon
WI up 155.6 gain of .4....crazy body.....stayed well below my points last few days only to see no results so not sure what I can do different
WO was good, 30 on elliptical, then my upper/lower body free wieghts....5 exercises for upper, 5 for lower, 2 sets. Then did 3 sets of 30 sec planks and stretching. Two gals that are at the gym near the same time as me we chat in the locker etc. We are all close to the same age. Well they actually joined me at the free weights today and I gave them a few pointers on form and told them to join me any time, love the company!
Today's food is planned with a total of 16 points out of 23, this does not include my activity points or 'spare' and 'rollover' left from not eating all my daily allowance....I just can't figure out this non loss for the past few days and even the unexplained gain. I will keep with the program.

granny I am excited for you and your new appliance. And what a dissapointment not to be able to have your sugery in August.
Jen I am so sorry you toe is still gving you pain, is it time to go to a professional???
zallie I am sorry they are recommending sugery, and I think you should continue with pt and see how that goes first...I bet you do have killer legs though...show them gam's off girl.
Rachel, you are going to be a great teacher to your kiddo, I never had enough discipline to homeschool and to be really truthful I needed the break LOL

Jules, Terri, Ciecie and Diana hugs to you all

jendiet 06-14-2019 02:41 PM

Nancy, the professionals usually use an outdated technique of toe nail avulsion. Which I do not have time for the recovery. Some countries don't even allow these things and the podiatrist uses a simple cut up the toenail to release the nail impacted in the side...I TRIED but my toenail was too tough and my cheap scaple caused me to put too much pressure. I'm hoping the sodium sulfide will make the nail soft enough to cut. I stuffed some threads of cotton under neath the "growing" portion of the nail side (the side I cut partly up the nail) and got some relief but the tender granuloma is the worst part. The sodium sulfide seems to be decreasing it's size too. I wish I went to gym with a knowledgeable person..

Granny, sorry about the need for the hernia consultation first, but I'm glad it is not something overlooked. I secretly wished my c-section doctors would have thrown in a tummy tuck, but they all did a great job...

1440 calories for the day and did OMAD...